How will the Hawks deal with the time change in Germany?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
The trick is to stay awake until bed time when you get there, if you take a nap the day of arrival you're screwed.
I tried that once. It didn't work. (And I thought it was such a good plan!)

What works for me pretty well is a combination of not sleeping on the plane much, and taking a product unsurprisingly called No Jet Lag. I bought it once as an experiment, and it worked surprisingly well for me. My trips included 13 hour flights from San Francisco to Istanbul, in case you're interested.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I tried that once. It didn't work. (And I thought it was such a good plan!)

What works for me pretty well is a combination of not sleeping on the plane much, and taking a product unsurprisingly called No Jet Lag. I bought it once as an experiment, and it worked surprisingly well for me. My trips included 13 hour flights from San Francisco to Istanbul, in case you're interested.
I can see the whole team being suspended for PED's.. wouldn't that be a riot.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The trick is to stay awake until bed time when you get there, if you take a nap the day of arrival you're screwed.
Exactly - long trips in the past I always just 'pushed through', stayed up the extra night, and then crashed the NEXT night.

But who knows - Travel ain't our problem so much since the Holmgren days. Pete's never let us down because of the road.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Buccs were in LA last sunday playing the same time as us so I donot think Seattle being west of Tampa makes a difference.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I would have begun to live in the German time zone starting right after last Sunday's game. The more time you have to acclimate the better..

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I feel they will adjust about the same as they did when they faced the Raiders in London and commenced to beating the crap out of them for 3 hours.

Bootsy51

Reaction score
As far as i know the Team arrived at 12.30 PM German time today ....the time of departure i dont know.. So 3 days to acclimate in Germany. I got all Trust in the Experience of Pete after played in UK few years ago . Go Hawks

keasley45

Reaction score
They're getting there a few days in advance, so that helps. By the time GameDay rolls around, they'll have had time to adjust.

The early start at 930am local time will be a challenge, but I honestly think they're going to be amped as he'll to get on the field and play. It's a huge platform for them in front of what will feel like a home crowd. I was born in germnay, raised here for much of my childhood and am here right now, waiting for Sunday to get here. Munich may as well be East Seattle - the Seahawks Fandom is ridiculous here. I'd wager 70% Of the crowd will be pro Hawks.

First game in Germany. Legendary stadium. Home crowd. Against Brady and his Bucs - a team that was thought to be a Superb Owl contender, in front of an international audience.... the Hawks are going to see this game as THE statement opportunity to close out the first half of the season before their bye. And the young guys have a direct conduit to a new, global fanbase that after Sunday, will make Woolen, Walker, Bryant, etal, 'household' names.

I almost feel bad for the Bucs and what they're are about to walk into. It's gonna get messy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, you're facing Brady. And he has Godwin, Evans and Julio Jones. This isn't some cakewalk, and we are the underdogs. Just the way they like it I suspect.
Really looking forward to this game, and seeing the atmosphere at that stadium. Should be a great battle.
Time change wise, they'll be fine. Gave themselves a few days at get used to the time change. Just get that W and enjoy the Bye week before the stretch run.

bileever

Reaction score
I hate the overseas games because of the long travel and jet lag could potentially play a role in the outcome. I feel like with games in the UK or in Europe that the two teams should come from the same time zone so that they're dealing with similar travel times and jet lag issues.

But I do think that Pete and his staff are probably better than the average coaching staff in dealing with stuff like this, so maybe it gives us an advantage?