How will Wilson perform Saturday?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
He always plays well enough for us to win in the playoffs. If you look at our 3 playoff losses under RW.

Atlanta - leads a furious rally, defense blows it
Patriots - Drives us to the one, throws a pick on an iffy play call.
Carolina - slow start but really picked them apart in the second half.

Even when Russell is off, he makes it a photo finish.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
---
Russell Wilson said he's considering ditching his knee brace for the playoffs. "I don't have to keep wearing it. I'm contemplating what we're going to do here. …My leg's good. I think it's just more of a safety thing. I don't think it's necessarily bad or I have to or anything like that."

Sheil Kapadia, ESPN Writer
---

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Wilson did not start slow in the Superbowl vs Denver. More of a steamroller for 4 quarters. Kearse, Baldwin, ....the whole team was outstanding. How will Wilson perform Saturday. Maybe like this.....

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great breakdown Scorpion05, thank you.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my OP. I said his playoff performances have been average. I should have been a but more clear with that though.

He's only in his 5th year, which for a QB, is just beginning to enter his prime. You're right, he hasn't really had the greatest weapons around him other than Lynch carrying the load and Baldwin to throw to.

I wasn't, at all, insinuating that he sucks, but rather his playoff performances have been, for the most part, average. I'm really hoping that his experience in the post season catapults him into having a great playoffs, and completely tearing the Lions a new one.

This season, unlike others, he is the engine to this offense. He's had Lynch in previous post season games to help carry the load, now it's all up to Russell. And, as always throughout Wilson's career, he rises to the occasion and shuts up the critics.

So, that being said, I predict him having a solid game. 235 passing yards, 35 rushing, 2 TD'S passing, 1 TD rushing, 1 lost fumble

Sealake80

Reaction score
I think that all the people saying Wilson will have a bad game are gonna be skull shocked by his performance this weekend! The rest of us will enjoy his play too. Just wont be surprised at all. He's gonna run more and take over the game sooner rather than later... because that will open the passing game back up... for Baldwin and Jimmy. Plus look for some action to our other TE too. We only need another second or so per play and it comes with the balance Wilsons legs unchained provide.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HawkFan72":1jabyryu said:
Gotta go with the history at this point.

He'll start slow. The Offense will score less than 10 in the first half and Wilson will have less than 100 yards passing.

Then he'll pick it up and end up with around 250 yards and 2 TDs.

This sounds about right to me.

Add to that the distinct possibility that he could have a great day rushing. We're down running backs, Detroit isn't good against the run, it's going to be cold and nasty and better suited to running the ball, and he may have the leg brace off for this game.

Put all those factors together and it wouldn't surprise me to see him add a ton of rushing yards/touchdowns to those passing numbers.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Who the hell knows anymore . The way this seasons gone

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":icgm4m8m said:

Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my OP. I said his playoff performances have been average. I should have been a but more clear with that though.

He's only in his 5th year, which for a QB, is just beginning to enter his prime. You're right, he hasn't really had the greatest weapons around him other than Lynch carrying the load and Baldwin to throw to.

I wasn't, at all, insinuating that he sucks, but rather his playoff performances have been, for the most part, average. I'm really hoping that his experience in the post season catapults him into having a great playoffs, and completely tearing the Lions a new one.

This season, unlike others, he is the engine to this offense. He's had Lynch in previous post season games to help carry the load, now it's all up to Russell. And, as always throughout Wilson's career, he rises to the occasion and shuts up the critics.

So, that being said, I predict him having a solid game. 235 passing yards, 35 rushing, 2 TD'S passing, 1 TD rushing, 1 lost fumble

I gotta wonder if you actually watched any of these games or are just looking at stat lines.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":367z2790 said:
Jerhawk":367z2790 said:

I gotta wonder if you actually watched any of these games or are just looking at stat lines.

Ok, this comment is out of left field. Wtf is that supposed to mean?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I think he will be fine. As for his bad play in rainy weather, when he shredded the Saints on MNF in 13, was that not a rainy night too?
If, and the usual big if, he gets time to throw I think he'll pick apart that Lions D. I really wish we had a check down option (I guess we did in Prosise) for him to use when the pocket starts collapsing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Palmegranite":k7lnzeyz said:
Wilson did not start slow in the Superbowl vs Denver. More of a steamroller for 4 quarters. Kearse, Baldwin, ....the whole team was outstanding. How will Wilson perform Saturday. Maybe like this.....

Watch it again. Wilson and the Offense stalled on the first couple drives. It wasn't until the Defense broke it open that he relaxed and started rolling.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3o7dxo00 said:
Palmegranite":3o7dxo00 said:

Watch it again. Wilson and the Offense stalled on the first couple drives. It wasn't until the Defense broke it open that he relaxed and started rolling.

Was that on Wilson though? I think he got a crap call on the first series and actually had the first down. And on the 2nd series he moved the team down the field (beautiful out and up pass to Baldwin) and put the ball in Kearse's hands in the end zone but it got knocked away. He moved the ball early, just didn't get TDs and settled for FGs. Granted the TD was a short field but the O only had 3 drives in that first half:

1. FG
2. FG
3. TD

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Reminder:

_________1__2__3__4__Final
Seattle 8__14__14__7__43
Broncos 0__0__8__0__8

tacomahawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1evbhvnt said:
I think he will be fine. As for his bad play in rainy weather, when he shredded the Saints on MNF in 13, was that not a rainy night too?
If, and the usual big if, he gets time to throw I think he'll pick apart that Lions D. I really wish we had a check down option (I guess we did in Prosise) for him to use when the pocket starts collapsing.

42-13 against the 9ers was also in heavy rain. I was wet and cold that day but loved every minute of it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1hz4kuye said:

Cheers mate :irishdrinkers:

Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson has thrown a lot of passes either too high or behind his targets. Those misses have stalled many drives and his inaccuracy is frustrating to watch. I think that if he was more consistent in his accuracy, we would have better than 10 Wins.
I hope he can figure it out, because stalled drives in the playoffs can lead to a one and done team.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Like it's a playoff game. Win or go home. I trust Russ in these situations. Go Hawks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect he will play very well.

Just hope the OLine steps it up and performs at a higher level than they have previously.

Latest posts