How will Wilson perform Saturday?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I suspect Wilson's playoff stats are similar to the regular season after you normalize for weather effects. Many of his better performances have been in dry conditions or in domes, but that's the same story for most NFL offenses so I think people overrate it when they think it's a unique Seahawks offense weakness.

The weather may indeed have an impact on our offense on Saturday but in this case it's at least equally disadvantageous to Detroit due to Stafford's finger and their lack of a running game at the moment.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
if its cold I am worried as wilson freezes up easily it seems. the lack of a run game and Detroits pass rush has me worried more.

hawk45

Reaction score
I worry about Wilson in the first half of any playoff game. If he's just ineffective that's one thing but if there's weather and he presses, that's when disaster looms.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Don't worry. As soon As Darryl Bevell sees struggles with passing, we'll throw it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stizz19

Reaction score
Break them down by quarter. I think you'll find a much stronger narrative of him starting out slow and having to catch up at the end (the Redskins game, from one). In fact, his reputation for that goes back to his college days and was a major feature of his scouting reports.

Most of that is the play calling. They are, and always have been very conservative in the first half under Pete.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":zmzyx6u3 said:
I think he will be fine. As for his bad play in rainy weather, when he shredded the Saints on MNF in 13, was that not a rainy night too?
If, and the usual big if, he gets time to throw I think he'll pick apart that Lions D. I really wish we had a check down option (I guess we did in Prosise) for him to use when the pocket starts collapsing.

IIRC the playoff game against the Saints 3 years ago was rainy and windy and he struggled but his good MNF game that year against the Saints was fairly cold but dry.

I think Wilson is fine at home passing in cool and dry conditions (Rams at home this year a recent example) but usually is much worse in the rain. This is true for many QBs but Wilson has noticibly had many of his worst games in the rain or ultra cold (a couple home games against the Cards over the years stick out).

Let's hope the snow or a rainy mix doesn't come until after the game Sat.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2icramnw said:
Gotta go with the history at this point.

He'll start slow. The Offense will score less than 10 in the first half and Wilson will have less than 100 yards passing.

Then he'll pick it up and end up with around 250 yards and 2 TDs.

I was 26 yards too generous, but otherwise this played out as I said. The track record is there, you just have to expect it at this point.

Latest posts