I give you...Perna

toffee

Reaction score
Wilson is quietly having decent games, but the Broncos seems to be cursed with turnovers since he joined them. Not sure if it was the players, or coaching, or in Wilson's own words: his God is preparing him for "something" with all these hardship.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
It will probably feel worse to Donkos fans if they lose to the Bears next week. Because they'll still be stinging from this one. And it will just feel like it's compounding.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
What's funniest to me as somebody who has disliked the Broncos a lot since the early 1980s (I've been a Seahawks fan since '76, but the division rivalry with the Broncos didn't really kick in for me until the early '80s) is that even though Mr. Perna exaggerates his pessimism for comic effect, he actually still manages to be too optimistic about Russell Wilson.
He says that Wilson completed the same number of passes as Tagovailoa and had just three fewer passing yards than Tagovailoa, so Wilson "wasn't much worse than Tua." Yeah, well... first, Wilson had one of his signature sacks, a 12-yarder, while Tagovailoa was not sacked, so Wilson's net passing yards were another 12 yards lower. Much more importantly, Tagovailoa did what he did in 12 fewer passing attempts than Wilson, so Tagovailoa was a lot better than Wilson in this game.
Plus, we as Seahawks fans know all about Wilson racking up stats that look good or great for him but somehow don't win games for his team. It's a huge part of why some Russettes around here still believe Wilson can do no wrong, and that the Seahawks made mistakes trading him away and keeping Pete Carroll.

By QBR, Tagovailoa beat Wilson 88.9-67.6.
By average yards per attempt, Tagovailoa beat Wilson 11.9 to 8.1.
By adjusted yards per attempt (AY/A), it was Tagovailoa, 14.96 to 7.39.
By passer rating, Tagovailoa beat Wilson 155.8 to 83.9. Keep in mind that the highest possible passer rating is 158.3.

Speaking of the highest possible passer rating, the Dolphins' backup QB Mike White going 2/2 for 67 yards, a TD, zero interceptions, and zero sacks just makes the whole thing even funnier. Wilson actually managed to be the third-best QB in the game yesterday. And this despite White having been a 5th-round pick of the Cowboys who didn't even get on the field until 2021, by which time he was on the Jets, and went 191/307 (62.2%) with 8 TDs, 12 interceptions, and 13 sacks for -94 yards, giving him an ANY/A of 5.22 (AWFUL!), a passer rating of 75.4, and QBRs of 50.5 and 38.9 (where 39 is the QBR for a hypothetical QB who spikes the ball on every single play) in his two years with the Jets.

In the 2023 season so far, Wilson has been out-quarterbacked by four quarterbacks in three games, and two of them were Sam Howell and Mike White.

Bronco failure is so much fun!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aircrew

Aircrew

Reaction score
What's amazing to me is the worst is yet to come. Payton is going to bench Captain Douchebag at some point this season and the Donks are going to move on from him in the not too distant future. The cap hit they're going to ingest will decimate the talent they can bring in for two solid years which isn't taking into account the ripple effect it will have on the morale of the lockerroom which is already in the cellar. Anecdotally, while I was in Minneapolis for the week 1 game, a Vikes fan I sat next to thanked the Seahawks for saddling Denver with the 21st century rendition of the Hershel Walker trade. Russell Wilson will end his career as a cautionary tale, and it was all his doing.

toffee

Reaction score
  1. We had bad run defense last season, but not as bad as the Broncos' run defense yesterday.
  2. I suspect the defense was demoralized by 4th quarter.
  3. Wilson played well enough, the game could be closer with less drops and fumbles.
  4. Wilson didn't suffer sacks, getting rid of the ball faster or just superb OL play?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
What's amazing to me is the worst is yet to come. Payton is going to bench Captain Douchebag at some point this season and the Donks are going to move on from him in the not too distant future. The cap hit they're going to ingest will decimate the talent they can bring in for two solid years which isn't taking into account the ripple effect it will have on the morale of the lockerroom which is already in the cellar.
Garrett Bolles: "I'm tired of losing, man. I've been here for seven years, and all I've done is lost."

rjdriver

Reaction score
I just found out my son is missing multiple math assignments after spending the entire weekend playing PS5.

I contemplated taking away his console for a week as punishment but instead decided to force him to watch the Broncos/ Bears game next week.

Latest posts