I know this usually means nothing.

TAB420

Reaction score
But Pete started following Yannick Ngakoue.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
Subzero717":9425gemv said:
Didnt he start following Khalil Mack when he was on the trade block?
I don't remember, maybe?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Have you seen the back and forth between him and management on twitter? Maybe Pete wants to watch the show :lol:

Also this was just put out there..
[tweet]https://twitter.com/walterfootball/status/1253164022284914688[/tweet]

Subzero717

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":pumoyi2r said:
Have you seen the back and forth between him and management on twitter? Maybe Pete wants to watch the show :lol:

Also this was just put out there..
[tweet]https://twitter.com/walterfootball/status/1253164022284914688[/tweet]

I wouldnt get that trade

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
Maybe Pete was just listening to him fight with the GM.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
I wouldn't want that trade either. But, I also don't want us to set on our hands while every good DE gets signed. We were already bad at DE. we're down Clowney and Jefferson now...scary.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
TAB420":2tr2z09a said:
I wouldn't want that trade either. But, I also don't want us to set on our hands while every good DE gets signed. We were already bad at DE. we're down Clowney and Jefferson now...scary.

Jefferson and Clowney = 18.5 sacks last 2 years
Irvin and Mayowa = 23 Sacks last 2 years

Just saying

I know sacks are not the end all be all and I don't truly believe we have upgraded but I am not sure if we did nothing more we would produce less sacks in 2020.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":hjr4rc8e said:
TAB420":hjr4rc8e said:

Jefferson and Clowney = 18.5 sacks last 2 years
Irvin and Mayowa = 23 Sacks last 2 years

Just saying

I know sacks are not the end all be all and I don't truly believe we have upgraded but I am not sure if we did nothing more we would produce less sacks in 2020.

Let's go back 4 years

Jefferson + Clowney = 35 Sacks
Irvin + Mayowa = 41 Sacks

Seems like there is consistent production here and we know Irvin was a really good player, who is probably better than now than he was when he was here.

Largent80

Reaction score
Signing all those o-linemen has pretty much allowed to take BPA. Depending on who is left at #27, they may just keep it.

All that drama dude did in a public forum was pretty immature and self centered. We have already seen that attitude and the way P & J handle it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":320qqxmo said:
Signing all those o-linemen has pretty much allowed to take BPA. Depending on who is left at #27, they may just keep it.

All that drama dude did in a public forum was pretty immature and self centered. We have already seen that attitude and the way P & J handle it.

There is also good value olineman deeper in the draft, and equal value DT and DE in 2nd and 3rd.

They set themselves up well.. and are probably waiting until after the draft to finalize a move for Griffen.

I still them trading back twice with 27 and once with 65 to acquire more late 3rd-5th round picks

Largent80

Reaction score
I still think it depends on who is there at #27 and if they are in love with a certain guy who is still there. We need to remember that Brown is entering his 13th season and missed 4 games last year. They signed Obiwankenobi for only one year and if Austin Jackson or Josh Jones are there, they may just snag one of them.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have them going WR early on a gut feeling but I agree Largent. If there is an olineman they love I think they may just take him(this could still include a trade down like Si suggests and is what they usually do) There are no guys in the fold with long term contracts for the offensive line. I don't know enough about that position to scout it or have a strong opinion on the guys there but could easily see them going that direction.

The strength of the draft early on seems to be offensive line, WR and running back and I don't see them going RB.

Edit added: This means they're a lock to go RB early.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
austinslater25":2l2kkhqx said:
I have them going WR early on a gut feeling but I agree Largent. If there is an olineman they love I think they may just take him(this could still include a trade down like Si suggests and is what they usually do) There are no guys in the fold with long term contracts for the offensive line. I don't know enough about that position to scout it or have a strong opinion on the guys there but could easily see them going that direction.

The strength of the draft early on seems to be offensive line, WR and running back and I don't see them going RB.

Edit added: This means they're a lock to go RB early.

In reading Rob Statons blog, it sounds,like they have identified some good OL and WR projects in the 3-5th range, which gives them the chance to go BPA with 1 and 2. It wouldn't surprise me if they go 2 of DE/S/RB with those two picks, depending on players available.. which is why I think they trade down (Not far, but maybe 3-8 spots) to get 1-2 more mid round picks

I think they use 27 if a big time OL, as Largent says, or a big time DE drops far further than expected.

Ozzy

Reaction score
That scares me because historically receivers in that range have a much higher miss rate than other positions so I'm hoping they take one early even if it's not the biggest need. Lockett did hit in that range though to be fair to them. Mix in the covid situation and how that changes the off season plans could cause tonight to go much different than anyone expects.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Our D sucked with clowney last year, nobody else is jumping for him, maybe he’s overrated. I know for a fact that I wouldn’t want him on a long term deal so he can pretend to be hurt half the year

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":38zdi0ho said:
Haha....If Taylor is there, oh man would it be hard not to take him, he screams Seahawk. He trucks people and is almost 250 with blazing speed. He did a nice interview and wants to be a Seahawk, sound familiar?? ....https://twitter.com/i/status/1252372320108216321

I think he will be there tonight at 27.. but I don't know if they take him. I still think they trade back and hope he is there between 30 and 38.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":346g6oed said:
Largent80":346g6oed said:
Haha....If Taylor is there, oh man would it be hard not to take him, he screams Seahawk. He trucks people and is almost 250 with blazing speed. He did a nice interview and wants to be a Seahawk, sound familiar?? ....https://twitter.com/i/status/1252372320108216321

I think he will be there tonight at 27.. but I don't know if they take him. I still think they trade back and hope he is there between 30 and 38.

This.

Unless it's a very special RB like Saquon Barkley, there isn't going to be a big run on RB's in the first round. So if Pete and John have Taylor targeted then they'll trade down once or twice to grab him.

I know people don't want that to happen, but with how terrible this draft is for DE's/Pass Rushers this scenario could very well happen.

Which is fine with me. We aren't extending Carson, and Penny hasn't shown anything yet, and BOTH are coming off major injuries. For a team that MUST have a bell cow primary back, can we go into August and September hoping either/both Carson and Penny are ready to go?

Latest posts