I LOVE niner tears

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Other than a select few classy 9ers fans, as a whole, yes their fanbase is terrible, probably Top 5 terrible. But I have nothing but respect for their players, their coaches and how they have turned their team around. They play very hard, are coached very well and imagine the force they will be and are when fully healthy. A formidable opponent to be sure.

But their fanbase in general? Garbage.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2qpnqnzh said:
They are already talking superbowl next year. Really? How about 7-9 first.
Um, if they don't have abnormal injury levels next year, their defense COULD potentially take them to the Super Bowl next year. Do you realize just how many injuries, and to whom, they've had this year? It's crazy.

Their injury-riddled defense gave us all we could handle and more for over three quarters today. We'd probably have lost both 49ers games this season if their defense had been healthy. They didn't finish 6-10 because they suck.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm with the OP here. The 49ers tanked their way to a bunch of lottery picks on the defensive line and the fanbase thought that made them too cool for school. And while they have had a ton of injuries to key starters, the NFL is all about getting value from your depth and they have struggled there. I simply don't see the same depth value on their roster that I do on ours, and I think it will be a challenging off-season for them with some tough personnel decisions and potential coaching replacements.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AgentDib":3hk28dn4 said:
I'm with the OP here. The 49ers tanked their way to a bunch of lottery picks on the defensive line and the fanbase thought that made them too cool for school. And while they have had a ton of injuries to key starters, the NFL is all about getting value from your depth and they have struggled there. I simply don't see the same depth value on their roster that I do on ours, and I think it will be a challenging off-season for them with some tough personnel decisions and potential coaching replacements.
There is no team in the NFL with enough depth to compensate for the level of injuries to starters the 49ers have had this year. Come on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ij4zdm3 said:
johnnyfever":1ij4zdm3 said:
They are already talking superbowl next year. Really? How about 7-9 first.
Um, if they don't have abnormal injury levels next year, their defense COULD potentially take them to the Super Bowl next year. Do you realize just how many injuries, and to whom, they've had this year? It's crazy.

Their injury-riddled defense gave us all we could handle and more for over three quarters today. We'd probably have lost both 49ers games this season if their defense had been healthy. They didn't finish 6-10 because they suck.
Agreed with the exception is that they don’t have a QB. The book is out on how to beat Jimmy Glass.
Good QB’s don’t grow on trees and they don’t have one.

The salary cap and the plucking away of coaches is already starting to effect their future rosters.

SubHawk

Reaction score
Not sure why so many in this thread are saying they are well coached. Four years, one playoff appearance, and a .460 winning percentage would say otherwise. Maybe everybody is buying into the Saleh hype since they show him on the sidelines every five minutes?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It’s not hard to hate the 9ers but riding on the backs of top 15 picks after years of mediocrity only to fail to deliver #6 to their fan base after building superior rosters and then falling off or apart afterwards. Kind of makes you feel sorry for franchise...

Love me some Fred Warner though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":165pvo3h said:
It’s not hard to hate the 9ers but riding on the backs of top 15 picks after years of mediocrity only to fail to deliver #6 to their fan base after building superior rosters and then falling off or apart afterwards. Kind of makes you feel sorry for franchise...

Love me some Fred Warner though.
Warner is a stud, no doubt about it. Guy could play on my team any day of the week.
Kittle is ok too, but he is no Dissly. :sarcasm_off: That’s a shot at some webzone troglodytes.

TypeSly

Reaction score
I don't know anything about their fanbase, except that they hate the Seahawks quite a bit, but I guess that comes with the territory. As for their team, I have respect for how well they placed, considering the significant amount of injuries they had this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
S.F. can have Grappalo, Stafford Probably, Wentz, Trubisky Taylor, Dalton, Newton, Rosen, Brisset, Rivers if they want to go after them. With a QB that has protection there that is more dependable then what they have had they could have been very dangerous this year, they won't make that mistake next year I am sure.

balakoth

Reaction score
94Smith":19lr9517 said:
hoxrox":19lr9517 said:
To be fair, their back ups did put up good fight. The team is still stacked when healthy and they have good coaching.

WERE stacked when healthy. A lot is going to change next year. This team needs to have a successful draft because they are going to lose a lot of talent and some really good coaches. That’s why this season has been a complete disaster , but it was over in week 3 when bosa went down.

Your season was over with one player going down? Yet you are stacked?

Hrm..... what an assessment

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
balakoth":1fj4qccc said:
94Smith":1fj4qccc said:
hoxrox":1fj4qccc said:
To be fair, their back ups did put up good fight. The team is still stacked when healthy and they have good coaching.

WERE stacked when healthy. A lot is going to change next year. This team needs to have a successful draft because they are going to lose a lot of talent and some really good coaches. That’s why this season has been a complete disaster , but it was over in week 3 when bosa went down.

I think he means that was the straw that broke the camel's back, they had a number of significant starter injuries prior to Bosa. You should do a little research on how ridiculously injured the 49ers were in 2020. If all their starters are healthy for 2021, they are stacked.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":f62lctov said:
balakoth":f62lctov said:
94Smith":f62lctov said:
hoxrox":f62lctov said:

I think he means that was the straw that broke the camel's back, they had a number of significant starter injuries prior to Bosa. You should do a little research on how ridiculously injured the 49ers were in 2020. If all their starters are healthy for 2021, they are stacked.
They can't pay all of those starters again in 2021.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
94Smith":14ecxpf9 said:
You beat our practice squad. Congrats? :2thumbs:

Wilson is like 15-4 vs. Niners if you want a better sample size, 6-2 in the ShanaNiner era. Sure.. the practice squad showed heart.. :irishdrinkers:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2pn9yf0d said:
94Smith":2pn9yf0d said:
You beat our practice squad. Congrats? :2thumbs:

Wilson is like 15-4 vs. Niners if you want a better sample size, 6-2 in the ShanaNiner era. Sure.. the practice squad showed heart.. :irishdrinkers:

Can we get the Replacement Refs for the NFCCG against the Packers again??? :stirthepot: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Marvin49

Reaction score
LOL.

So funny to see a poster claim they "love Niner Tears" and refer to an entire fanbase as "garbage" and somehow claim the high ground. LOL. Stay classy OP. :) Really doesn't matter what others say. You've proven that toxicity can exist in ANY fanbase.

I'm glad to see some sense here from some of the posters I most respect (I see you Roland and a few others).

Gratz on the NFC West. Well deserved. Yes, Niners were just absolutely crushed by injuries this year, but that's a part of the game and it happens. That takes nothing away from your victory or NFC West title. I think NOBODY is happier that the Niners had so many issues this year than the Green Bay Packers. When his roster is somewhat healthy, Shanahan just OWNS that team. LOL.

As for what the future holds, we'll see. I for one got exactly what I wanted yesterday. A hard fought game, a Niner team that didn't give up, yet ultimately a loss that gives them the 12th pick rather than the 15th or 16th pick. I'm not about the tanking like the Eagles did last night, but I'm not exactly crying that they lost a pointless game and improved draft position. No tears whatsoever on that one.

Niners will get ALOT of guys back next year that will make a BIG difference, but they also face quite a few challenges. Trent Williams, Richard Sherman, Jason Verrett, K'wuan Williams, Kyle Juszczyk and several others are free agents and they don't have much cap space. It'll be an interesting off-season. It will be interesting to see how many vets are out there as the entire league will be under a cap crunch.

They'll also likely lost Robert Saleh to a HC job and perhaps a few assistants. That hurts. Good news on that front is they'll likely be awarded a few 3rd round picks for losing him as a part of the NFLs new Rooney Rules. If I had to guess their new DC will be DeMeco Ryans.

Anyway, I'm really not concerned about the future. I'm more excited about it. Nick Bosa, Fred Warner, Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Dre Greenlaw all under 25.

That's really for future conversations though. You guys are still in it. Good luck. Niners will see you next year. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
SubHawk":2ha7dkra said:
Not sure why so many in this thread are saying they are well coached. Four years, one playoff appearance, and a .460 winning percentage would say otherwise. Maybe everybody is buying into the Saleh hype since they show him on the sidelines every five minutes?

um....

...they lost Nick Bosa for the year, DeForest Buckner in the offseason, Richard Sherman for most of the year, Jaquiski Tartt for most of it, had Williams, Moseley and Witherspoon in and out of the lineup, traded away Kwon Alexander and pretty much lost every single edge rusher they could sign to injury and STILL ended the season with the leagues 4th ranked D with one of the NFLs hardest schedules (gotta love the NFC West. Sigh).

Yeah...I'd say that was good coaching by Saleh.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":2t2mxml3 said:
SubHawk":2t2mxml3 said:

um....

...they lost Nick Bosa for the year, DeForest Buckner in the offseason, Richard Sherman for most of the year, Jaquiski Tartt for most of it, had Williams, Moseley and Witherspoon in and out of the lineup, traded away Kwon Alexander and pretty much lost every single edge rusher they could sign to injury and STILL ended the season with the leagues 4th ranked D with one of the NFLs hardest schedules (gotta love the NFC West. Sigh).

Sounds more like great coaching and great GM.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They absolutely ARE a very well coached team. That hasn't changed. Hawks just happen to kind of own them.
But, hate them or not, they are a damn well coached team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2grs7arq said:
Marvin49":2grs7arq said:
SubHawk":2grs7arq said:

um....

Sounds more like great coaching and great GM.

...I think that's what my point was? :D