I LOVE niner tears

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xrtcsx3p said:
They absolutely ARE a very well coached team. That hasn't changed. Hawks just happen to kind of own them.
But, hate them or not, they are a damn well coached team.

Its all about Wilson. Their Achilles heel is mobile QBs. They had the same issue with Kyler (and yes, Wilson is FAR better than Kyler). Its not about him running so much as being able to escape and throw on the run.

misfit

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12za4tyj said:
They absolutely ARE a very well coached team. That hasn't changed. Hawks just happen to kind of own them.

shanny has losing records in 3 out of 4 seasons
I dont know how well coached they actually are

Marvin49

Reaction score
misfit":34f1ehe0 said:
SoulfishHawk":34f1ehe0 said:

Very.

First two years were largely rebuild. Year two hampered quite a bit by Garoppolo injury, but that got them Nick Bosa.

This year was just insanity of injuries from start to finish. Despite that, they were still competitive.

Don't fool yourself...if Shanahan were let go, he'd be the #1 target on the market for teams with a coaching vacancy.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Marvin49":t3m3h8k2 said:
misfit":t3m3h8k2 said:
SoulfishHawk":t3m3h8k2 said:

Very.

First two years were largely rebuild. Year two hampered quite a bit by Garoppolo injury, but that got them Nick Bosa.

This year was just insanity of injuries from start to finish. Despite that, they were still competitive.

Don't fool yourself...if Shanahan were let go, he'd be the #1 target on the market for teams with a coaching vacancy.

Agreed. Marvin and Smith94 are both on point with accurate takes, IMO, in this thread.

Niners played their asses off and we needed several timely miracle rabbit plays that Russell pulled out of his assk what magic hat he's using today. Niners D stuffed us in the 3rd quarter (bad playcalling/scheme and Russell playing hero ball a factor, but credit to opponent is due) and it wasn't looking good. It was no gimme and could easily have been an L against a decimated opponent.

For sure Shanahan would be the #1 target if he was inexplicably let go. Saleh will get a HC job, so next year we'll see how big an difference Saleh was. I expect Niners to be our top division rival next year, really all 3 teams will be tough.

Niners and Rams both have QB overpayment salary cap issues, will be interesting to see what both teams do. That said, both Niners and Rams "suspect" QBs have taken their teams to the Super Bowl the last few years. JimmyG is probably a better overall QB than Goff, but he's not been able to stay on the field.

Nothin' but respect for Niners and all our division opponents. All of them force the Hawks to be stronger to compete. With a bit of luck, facing such tough division opponents has prepared us well for the playoffs, and perhaps it's our turn to get NFCW representation into the SB this year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":8bszpbqj said:
I'm glad to see some sense here from some of the posters I most respect (I see you Roland and a few others).
Sup playa; don't be a stranger. :)

I'll be very curious to see who you can't afford to keep. With the reduced salary cap (unless the NFL ownership decides to give a one-year temporary percentage bump to compensate, or something like that), it's going to be the most interesting off-season in a long time for everyone.

I'm not gonna lie...I would like to see Sherman come home. I doubt it'll happen, but I miss that man something fierce.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1jt6nwu8 said:
Marvin49":1jt6nwu8 said:
I'm glad to see some sense here from some of the posters I most respect (I see you Roland and a few others).

I'll be very curious to see who you can't afford to keep. With the reduced salary cap (unless the NFL ownership decides to give a one-year temporary percentage bump to compensate, or something like that), it's going to be the most interesting off-season in a long time for everyone.

I'm not gonna lie...I would like to see Sherman come home. I doubt it'll happen, but I miss that man something fierce.

:ditto:

Fade

Reaction score
QB effects how much you win and lose in the NFL. The 49ers have been playing with substandard players at the position for a long time. Jimmy is merely avg, and that was enough for them to almost win a Superbowl. If Shanny or McVay ever get a franchise QB, the Seahawks will be in trouble. Good news, it's hard to find those guys. Checkmate Seahawks.

Both the 49ers and Rams are extremely well coached. Just swap Wilson with their QBs and think what would happen. Annihilation.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maulbert":3jd4d8bg said:
94Smith":3jd4d8bg said:
You beat our practice squad. Congrats? :2thumbs:

You had the 5th ranked defense in yards this year. It was your offense that was ass, even with Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, and Sherman gone most of the year.
Look at the difference Adams + Dunlap made for us, and that's two players.

Just sayin'.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ftxogbf said:
Marvin49":2ftxogbf said:

Well it COULD happen. I don't know if it will though. Sherman has been talking as if his time in SF is up. He'd like to stay, but he's a damn smart guy and sees the salary situation in SF. Niners #1 priority is Trent Williams. #2 surprisingly might be Jason Verrett and then maybe K'wuan Williams. Juszczyk would likely be next. SF hasn't ruled out resigning Sherman, but I think a number of things have to fall right for him to be back (some of which would be his price going down dramatically) and I'd put money on Sherman being elsewhere.

The question is this....does he take more money to go to a rebuilding team or less money to play for a contender. If its the latter, Seattle would be an option.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3qkwsa9q said:
RolandDeschain":3qkwsa9q said:
Marvin49":3qkwsa9q said:

Well it COULD happen. I don't know if it will though. Sherman has been talking as if his time in SF is up. He'd like to stay, but he's a damn smart guy and sees the salary situation in SF. Niners #1 priority is Trent Williams. #2 surprisingly might be Jason Verrett and then maybe K'wuan Williams. Juszczyk would likely be next. SF hasn't ruled out resigning Sherman, but I think a number of things have to fall right for him to be back (some of which would be his price going down dramatically) and I'd put money on Sherman being elsewhere.

The question is this....does he take more money to go to a rebuilding team or less money to play for a contender. If its the latter, Seattle would be an option.

I know that a lot of Niner fans feel that way about Trent Williams but that guy is 11 years in. If they are worried about him what are they doing about the rest of the line? He isn't Walter Jones either, just one of the higher rated guys at his position. I think that they should be creative about his worth and the impact he could have on the cap structure.

One thing is certain, they need Oline help in SF but who doesn't in this division?

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":qtjpm4q9 said:
Marvin49":qtjpm4q9 said:
RolandDeschain":qtjpm4q9 said:
Marvin49":qtjpm4q9 said:

I know that a lot of Niner fans feel that way about Trent Williams but that guy is 11 years in. If they are worried about him what are they doing about the rest of the line? He isn't Walter Jones either, just one of the higher rated guys at his position. I think that they should be creative about his worth and the impact he could have on the cap structure.

One thing is certain, they need Oline help in SF but who doesn't in this division?

Well first off I disagree with you about Williams. Dude is a stud. He started slow but he was awesome the rest of the year.

That said, no question Niners need help on the O-Line.

hawker84

Reaction score
chris98251":2h3cq7zz said:
johnnyfever":2h3cq7zz said:
They are already talking superbowl next year. Really? How about 7-9 first.

How about some respect for giving everything they had with going through 80 players on the 53 man and over 40 injured this season.

Huh? I've read the garbage over there over the years. They get zero respect for anything...

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":jm6e2dxx said:
loafoftatupu":jm6e2dxx said:
Marvin49":jm6e2dxx said:
RolandDeschain":jm6e2dxx said:

Well first off I disagree with you about Williams. Dude is a stud. He started slow but he was awesome the rest of the year.

That said, no question Niners need help on the O-Line.

I would take his lunch money, his girl, the key to his Benz, the brisket in his pocket AND the sauce before he could finish swinging that gravy powered roundhouse and be able to pull away from him like the RoadRunner does the Coyote. On a 70 degree day steam would still be coming out his breath. :D

This guy was drafted the same year Okung was and they were both highly rated, Yeah.. maybe PFF has him rated but I am not seeing some world beating O-line player worth a big investment, especially at his age. Then again, I see Walter Jones as the bar for dominate LT.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The hawks didn't exactly destroy the Niners the entire game, they were in fact behind by what 2 scores in the 4th quarter..against a team that had a lot of injuries this year. This isnt a game I'd be gloating about. This was a game the Hawks should have won and they damn near lost if not for typical 4th quarter heroics. If the Hawks were on their 3rd string QB, missing like 1/3 of their starters, kept the game within reach and even took the lead in the 4th quarter and then lost due to late game fallout and then you had Niner fans beating their chest....how damn silly would the Niners fans look? Yeah I'm not gonna be that Hawks fan regarding this game. The only acceptable reason to have this game close or lose, was that it was meaningless and the Hawks should have been resting ALL the starters by half time.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2cj5674y said:
Nothing good ever comes from CA.

Let's not get delusional here. I'm pretty sure the majority of people in King county could move to San Diego or the Bay area but get a 50-100% bump in pay to maintain their standard of living would happily do it. Theme Parks, Beaches, Beach goers (you know...), Sunny dry weather...like the only universally shitty things in CA are traffic and cost of living. Okay and the superficial crap you hear about LA all the time, but maybe it's less of an issue if you're making that 50-100% bump in pay lol.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Niners are a very good team that was excoriated with injuries this season. That broken team keep it close in both games.

Sure the Hawks beat them 2x this year but don't expect that to happen every season.

It's awesome the Hawks won their series this season but we shouldn't gloat b/c karma has a way of biting back.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If I were the 9ers I would dump Jimmy G and go after Stafford, Ryan or yeah, even Wentz. When they get healthy they WILL be a force, especially with a better QB.