I really wish we could have kept Leon Washington

bigcc

Reaction score
He played such a huge role in the seahawks revival, sad he didn't get to celebrate with the team. Another sad part is he prolly would've been kept had they known percy would be out for so long.

Wonder if he was more happy for his teammates or wondering "man what if....." when we won, I'm sure it was both, but talk about bittersweet for a player like him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, Percy is much better. Loved what Leon did for the team, but we didn't need him to win the whole thing.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Wishing we had made different personnel decisions during a season in which we won the Super Bowl and finished as the undisputed #1 team is kind of bizarre. I understand the sentiment behind it, but everything happened for a reason. Cutting his salary and roster spot enabled other things to happen, which undoubtedly led the team on its path to a championship.

He was a great leader, though, and I was upset that he was cut.

OP
OP
B

bigcc

Reaction score
Strong presumptions, of course we didn't NEED him given we won. And of course Percy is better, that's why I added the caveat of had they known he'd miss all but 2 kick returns.

I think you guys are missing what I was trying to get at with my sentiment.... and cutting him basically enabled us to sign winfield, who didn't even stick....

btw does winfield get a ring? I guess question is, at what point do players who are on the team temporarily and get cut get a ring? People keep saying BB gets a ring, does say Chris Harper get a ring? Not really sure how that works.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Now, Antoine Winfield couldve gotten his title but HE didnt want to come back.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Wow, some of these responses are unreal. I feel ya bigcc, it would have been cool if he could have taken it all the way to the finish with the rest of us.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2je9ublq said:
Nope, Percy is much better. Loved what Leon did for the team, but we didn't need him to win the whole thing.
:13:

w00t

Reaction score
He was rooting HARD for the seahawks to win that lombardi trophy. His twitter posts was all about #12thman #goseahawks and he PLAYS for the TITANS LOL

Leon you're the best

bigtrain21

Reaction score
bigcc":110p4jfb said:
Strong presumptions, of course we didn't NEED him given we won. And of course Percy is better, that's why I added the caveat of had they known he'd miss all but 2 kick returns.

I think you guys are missing what I was trying to get at with my sentiment.... and cutting him basically enabled us to sign winfield, who didn't even stick....

btw does winfield get a ring? I guess question is, at what point do players who are on the team temporarily and get cut get a ring? People keep saying BB gets a ring, does say Chris Harper get a ring? Not really sure how that works.

Washinton got cut during the year by the patriots so we could have re-signed him. He was tweeting during the game and after and was rooting for us. I agree it would have been nice if he could have stayed but his salary was too much given his role on the team.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Problem some are having is they have been brainwashed by the everyone gets a trophy generation. Sorry.....he didn't do a damn thing for this team this year..... NO RING. I don't wish anyone could get a ring except this team. Changing the team would change the outcome.

Steve2222

Reaction score
BlueBlood":vmcle28d said:
Leon Washington didnt help win this championship.

OP didn't say that. LW was definitely apart of the Seahawks revival though....which is what OP was getting at.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Steve2222":m20x486h said:
BlueBlood":m20x486h said:
Leon Washington didnt help win this championship.

OP didn't say that. LW was definitely apart of the Seahawks revival though....which is what OP was getting at.

Getting at? that's exactly what he said - "He played such a huge role in the seahawks revival".

Some people are pretty out there. You got response like "nope" and altering the destiny of the team and Percy is better, i mean wtf? talk about out of left field. Like I said earlier, unreal.

themunn

Reaction score
Lawyer Milloy helped us win this championship, even though he didn't play for us in 2011, 2012 or 2013

Just because he didn't walk on the field doesn't mean his impact wasn't felt in this team, both Chancellor and Thomas name checked him several times throughout the season.

The same applies for Washington, who DID play for us in 2011 and 2012

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
What if resigning Leon meant we couldnt sign Michael Bennett?

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Leon Washington played absolutely no role in the "Seahawks revival," that is an absurd suggestion.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
themunn":1hww6db0 said:
Lawyer Milloy helped us win this championship, even though he didn't play for us in 2011, 2012 or 2013

Just because he didn't walk on the field doesn't mean his impact wasn't felt in this team, both Chancellor and Thomas name checked him several times throughout the season.

The same applies for Washington, who DID play for us in 2011 and 2012

Man, I loved Milloy. Remember him getting burned a couple of times, but for a dude his age, he wasn't made to look stupid too often.

I was ecstatic to see one guy we let go get his ring in the end though. Mike Rob. If any of the rebuild guys deserved to experience our ultimate achievement, he'd be my pick.

OP
OP
B

bigcc

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2cvekftd said:
Leon Washington played absolutely no role in the "Seahawks revival," that is an absurd suggestion.

Yeah, I guess you're right. He only made one all star game in 2012 and was a first team all pro in 2010, what was I thinking?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3p7ajp2y said:
Problem some are having is they have been brainwashed by the everyone gets a trophy generation. Sorry.....he didn't do a damn thing for this team this year..... NO RING. I don't wish anyone could get a ring except this team. Changing the team would change the outcome.
:13: :13: :13: :13:

Latest posts