If anybody tells you lucky win?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
We set ourselves up to win. It like winning/loosing because of refs. You put yourself in a position to win lose game and the chips fall. This time was ours. Its not like the ball hit a bird in mid air deflecting the ball. Although I would still be happy with win.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seahawksny":18rc8c4s said:
Hasselbeck":18rc8c4s said:
Or just own up to the fact it was 100% lucky?

Amazingly enough its actually okay to win a game with a little bit of luck

No
Because had he missed earlier in game, it's not perceived as luck, but it has same worth on scoreboard

It was luck.

But however you want to rationalize it all in your head. Go for it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, we got lucky today. Cheatriots and Stealers seem to get luckier more often than us, so I'll take it.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa...

If the Seahawks were "lucky" because the Vikings special teams screwed up a play that lead to them missing a 27 yd field goal...

...then the Vikings were "lucky" to score their first 3 pts from a 22 yd field goal attempt after the Seahawks screwed up a punt snap that lead to a direct turnover deep in Hawks territory.

Was it "lucky" they missed the kick? Sure. Was the Hawk's victory lucky? No, because both teams made a mistake that lead to 3 pts.

hawks85

Reaction score
have you ever played football in sub zero weather before? I have and trust me that ball stings then thrown and caught. I am not surprised of the game plan today in fact I anticipated it. I predicted a low scoring game. I didn't expect us to start that slow. I knew it would be a 10-7 10-13 ballpark game because of the weather. the Vikings didn't have better stats either so, they had as much trouble as we did.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
hawks85":30gffo8w said:
seahawksny":30gffo8w said:
Tell them 45

The yards Peterson got.

We played a great defensive game. Not one td allowed either.
on 23 carries. yup shut his ass down again

Ballgame

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":2i35tqp7 said:
Whoa whoa whoa...

If the Seahawks were "lucky" because the Vikings special teams screwed up a play that lead to them missing a 27 yd field goal...

...then the Vikings were "lucky" to score their first 3 pts from a 22 yd field goal attempt after the Seahawks screwed up a punt snap that lead to a direct turnover deep in Hawks territory.

Was it "lucky" they missed the kick? Sure. Was the Hawk's victory lucky? No, because both teams made a mistake that lead to 3 pts.

My thought as well. Plays were missed all over. I think the vikes were "lucky" to be in that position to begin with. Wilson missed two open receivers for TD. Michael left what seemed like 4 or 5 big runs out there. Plus had the punt snap.

Then the Vikes missed their big chance

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Minnesota's offense had 8 quarters to get in the end zone this year against the Hawks and couldn't do it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":3juxedhn said:
Hasselbeck":3juxedhn said:
Or just own up to the fact it was 100% lucky?

Amazingly enough its actually okay to win a game with a little bit of luck

No
Because had he missed earlier in game, it's not perceived as luck, but it has same worth on scoreboard
You're exactly right....It's like 'We Got Lucky Because He Choked'? I don't think so.
My Wife said that because Richard Sherman came so close to blocking the earlier kick, it was stuck in the kickers head to hurry up his kick, and that has nothing to do with luck.
My Wife also said that he was going to miss, LOOOONG before the attempt was even made.
I told her at that time, that it was a chip shot, and that we were going to lose.
Of course she laughed at me then, and even harder after the miss. :oops:

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":361txh2o said:
iigakusei":361txh2o said:
Of course it was a lucky win. Still a win though.

Why? It's not like a bird flew down and knocked the ball out of the air.

Their kicker couldn't handle the pressure of a go ahead FG in crunch time. Ours could.

That would have been awesome though if an Osprey had flew into the path of the ball knocking it off course.

Seattle out gained them in total yards and turnovers were even, so overall I don't think we were lucky to win. You could say the Hawks were unlucky to have to play on such a cold day that affected their offence more than the Vikings.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The Vikings were lucky it was cold.

Would've been another thrashing otherwise.

Yeah, that works.

irocdave

Reaction score
First off, the Hawks got lucky. The Hawks didn't beat the odds, the Vikings did what only happens like 2.??% of the time. The cold weather was the equalizer and the Hawks were LUCKY that the Vikings missed the gimme game winning field goal. No doubt in my mind the hawks would have rolled the Vikings in warmer weather, but that wasn't the case.

Why is it so hard for some Hawk fans to say the Hawks lucked out with this win? I don't recall this same arrogant attitude from Hawk fans when Romo dropped the snap on the game winning kick for the Cowpatties. I think we have some seriously spoiled rotten fans that will slink away as soon as the hawks get booted from the playoffs, which will be next weekend if the offense doesn't play 100x's better.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
When a kicker misses a gimme FG like that, and the ball wasn't blocked or tipped by a Hawk defender, it's a lucky win. Just be thankful.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
irocdave":zu2v7j1e said:
First off, the Hawks got lucky. The Hawks didn't beat the odds, the Vikings did what only happens like 2.??% of the time. The cold weather was the equalizer and the Hawks were LUCKY that the Vikings missed the gimme game winning field goal. No doubt in my mind the hawks would have rolled the Vikings in warmer weather, but that wasn't the case.

Why is it so hard for some Hawk fans to say the Hawks lucked out with this win? I don't recall this same arrogant attitude from Hawk fans when Romo dropped the snap on the game winning kick for the Cowpatties. I think we have some seriously spoiled rotten fans that will slink away as soon as the hawks get booted from the playoffs, which will be next weekend if the offense doesn't play 100x's better.

How often does Jon Ryan decide to run for a first down when the snap is low, hence giving the opponent 3 points?

At least we have some non spoiled, non arrogant fans to keep the rest of us in check though. Whew.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Seahawks have been beaten by luck a few times and I haven't seen any card..er..opposing fans trying give their lucky win back...I'll take this win and do something card...er...opposing fans would NEVER do and admit the Seahawks were lucky to win this one. Luck being on your side is kind of nice...unless you're a Colts fan.

Latest posts