If you had full control of the team what would you do?

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete needs to follow his own Mantra and step back and evaluate the situation Honestly, Pete has one huge problem, seems he has nobody on the staff that has the trust to challenge his thinking, Holmgren had Rhodes to shake the tree when he got into a predictive rhythm and tendency.

I don't see anyone that does that here. That leaves Pete unchecked, Pete needs a guy with great football IQ and that is successful in their own right to keep him objective.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
If I were the guy calling the shots for hiring I would move on from Pete Carroll instead of giving him an extension, but keep John Schneider and let him hire the new coach. I don't think Pete Carroll the coach works without having full control of everything due to his player management style. Carroll has been here 10 years and we've had massive successes but over the last five years we've massively under-performed in the playoffs. Another fact that needs to be mentioned is in Pete Carroll's specialty, the defense the Seahawks have been consistently declining since 2015. This years story is nothing new.

Our teams fortune has been riding on our QB's arm for quite awhile now. We've also consistently put him in bad situations over the years, and he still pulled through. I can't chalk that up to anything but sloppy coaching. Carroll is great with team management, but the X's and O's portion of his game, game planning, and game day coaching are becoming a major liability. I don't think you lay that responsibility at anyone's feet but Carroll's. I've seen enough to know that we've peaked, and that the game has now past him by. I think we're going to waste Wilson's prime years if we continue down this path and it is a crying shame.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
A simple defensive game plan is you can stop giving so much cushion to receivers.

Get in their space and press them as much as it’s allowed and stick to them hip to hip for as much as possible.

This will shorten space to throw too and give QBs less options to throw and maybe the defensive line can get there with a coverage sack.

You don’t need to change much but you have to do something different.