Im ready for a coaching change

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool story. They made back to back Super Bowl appearances. How is that every single year??????

And it's "there's a problem"

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Nunya,

How is that true?

There are several coaches that are known for great regular season records but shoddy (Schotty) postseason success.

Off the top of my head, Dan Reeves and Marty Schottenheimer come to mind.

They certainly seem to be pathways to the playoffs where how you won against lesser teams is not going to work against the better teams in the playoffs.

Largent80

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2gcbd0ob said:
SoulfishHawk":2gcbd0ob said:
Every single year you come on here and tell everyone "if you're satisfied with losing in the playoffs" etc.
Every......single.....year. Nobody is happy we are done, geezus man.

Because it happens every,,,,,single,,,,,year and people refuse to admit theres a problem.

Be a Cleveland fan. Goodbye.

Largent80

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2n9u1hgg said:
Nunya,

How is that true?

There are several coaches that are known for great regular season records but shoddy (Schotty) postseason success.

They certainly seem to be pathways to the playoffs where how you won against lesser teams is not going to work against the better teams in the playoffs.

And you provide the coaches a path to the SB?...hahahahahahaha

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2qxbjhoc said:
you know only the Patriots have been more successful right? the most successful dynasty in NFL history and were right behind them. It sounds like you think winning a Superbowl is easy. It's not.

Its not winning the Super Bowl every year. Its the constant, reoccurring mistakes year in and year out that never get fixed and a coach that doesnt even recognize that its happening.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like a "12" to me. Because winning all the time is such a bummer.
And when they do win, which they do more than any team not from New England over the last decade...….it's not good enough. It HAS to be a blowout. You literally are seeing fans that refuse to enjoy WINNING. I will never ever ever ever understand that. You can't enjoy winning unless it looks pretty.

Nunya_

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2rjq5si1 said:
SoulfishHawk":2rjq5si1 said:
Every single year you come on here and tell everyone "if you're satisfied with losing in the playoffs" etc.

Because it happens every,,,,,single,,,,,year and people refuse to admit theres a problem.

1. Nobody is saying they are satisfied losing in the playoffs. It is just that most people understand that actually making it to the SB is a difficult process. Personally, I think it is quite intellectually dishonest of you to claim that is what others are saying because they do not conform to your beliefs.

2. There is certainly a problem, but it has little to do with coaching or specific players. The Defense was mediocre and inconsistent at best this season. No pass rush. Soft zones. Could not stop teams on 3rd down. These are execution issues.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And hey, making the playoffs just about every year since Pete has been here really sucks.
Being a real threat year after year...…...oh the horror.

John63

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":39c41sty said:
The 4-5 people pounding their chest the loudest for Pete's firing have join dates after we won the Super Bowl. So they expect it every year. This site has been around for a long time in one form or another. Where have they been? Just discovered the internet? A non-playoff season should clear the (t)rolls. That would free up some spots on the season ticket waiting list.

Well for one I am over 60 and have been a fan since day one. I am ex military and traveled alot so it was not easy to be part of anything. I remember the non playoff years just fine, but that does not change the fact that 1 the goal should always be the SB, and 2 we could have won that game if we did not wait till the 2nd half to use the uptempo offense.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2dze807k said:
And hey, making the playoffs just about every year since Pete has been here really sucks.

we have not been a REAL threat since 2014

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":dqt3sr25 said:
Largent80":dqt3sr25 said:
Maybe for all of you Cri ing about Adams production. He's done it to everyone.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... amDa01.htm
You clearly don’t understand nuance. He was consistently going after Tre, we refused to put our best corner on him. That is a failure by the coaching staff. Against Griffin he didn’t fare so well. John Jones has some koolaid for you.

He wont understand that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your opinion. With Russ under center, this team is always a threat in the playoffs, period.
Dear god, what a whining bunch of spoiled babies some of you have become.
Seahawks dot negative indeed. Enjoy your misery, you're doing it right.

Nunya_

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ppusisw said:
Nunya,

How is that true?

Over the course of a coaches career, their teams are not going to make the playoffs by only playing lesser teams. They would not have good regular season records long if they can only beat the weaker teams.....and they certainly will not make the playoffs often.

Coaches have poor success in the playoffs for the same reason why Dan Marino does not wear a SB ring. Bad luck. Too many key injuries by the end of the season. Weather. Over confident team. Or even bad bounces in key games.

Every team lost at least 1 game this season. Many of them against inferior teams. The problem with the playoff is that when a team loses against an inferior team, then your season is over. Just ask Baltimore. Just because Baltimore lost to the Titans (#6 seed) in the playoffs, does the mean Harbaugh is a poor coach or a coach that can not win in playoffs?

SirTed

Reaction score
As others have said, and I said previously - it's not that "Pete Apologists" don't think that he has some flaws. He does. He manages the clock for absolute crap. He does. He's more conservative offensively than I would like (which is strange, because I feel like at USC he was known as "Big Balls Pete"). He has shown recently, IMO, too much faith in his defense, and their ability to scheme their way out of holes.

But the dude, somehow, wins football games. We were right there, you guys. I'd wager we're one stone-handed (non) catch by Turner away from skipping this thread entirely this week. What did Pete's first half offensive vacation have to do with Flowers and Amadi mixing up that coverage on Adams first TD? What did it have to do with Jimmy's 3rd down conversion? or the conversion over Amadi in the 4th? Nothing. One of those plays breaks different, and we're RIGHT there.

Yes, it's frustrating. Absolutely, there are times that we turn games into rock fights that don't need to be, and (very) rarely it costs us. Green Bay has coaches and players too. They make plays too. It happens.

Just throwing this out there - If I was going to be critical of PC and or JS these days - I wouldn't mind a few more "hits" in the draft department. Still doesn't seem like they know how to evaluate OL talent (that said, I don't specifically know of gems they missed). Lord knows what they saw in Ansah when they brought him in. Good lawwwd, that dude is so washed, it's crazy. Outside of Griffin, none of their drafted DB projects have played out particularly well. I've been a Flowers defender, but it's pretty much impossible to defend that performance, at least with an eye on a starting position. TT and Hill, guh. As soon as I saw Hill on the field at the end of that game, I knew we were in trouble. Yikes.

Largent80

Reaction score
Pitt troll is doing the best he can to be a negative force, but he's justa another weak assed troll trying to elicit responses.

Nunya_

Reaction score
SirTed":3jgja4db said:
As others have said, and I said previously - it's not that "Pete Apologists" don't think that he has some flaws. He does. He manages the clock for absolute crap. He does. He's more conservative offensively than I would like (which is strange, because I feel like at USC he was known as "Big Balls Pete"). He has shown recently, IMO, too much faith in his defense, and their ability to scheme their way out of holes.

But the dude, somehow, wins football games. We were right there, you guys. I'd wager we're one stone-handed (non) catch by Turner away from skipping this thread entirely this week. What did Pete's first half offensive vacation have to do with Flowers and Amadi mixing up that coverage on Adams first TD? What did it have to do with Jimmy's 3rd down conversion? or the conversion over Amadi in the 4th? Nothing. One of those plays breaks different, and we're RIGHT there.

Yes, it's frustrating. Absolutely, there are times that we turn games into rock fights that don't need to be, and (very) rarely it costs us. Green Bay has coaches and players too. They make plays too. It happens.

Just throwing this out there - If I was going to be critical of PC and or JS these days - I wouldn't mind a few more "hits" in the draft department. Still doesn't seem like they know how to evaluate OL talent (that said, I don't specifically know of gems they missed). Lord knows what they saw in Ansah when they brought him in. Good lawwwd, that dude is so washed, it's crazy. Outside of Griffin, none of their drafted DB projects have played out particularly well. I've been a Flowers defender, but it's pretty much impossible to defend that performance, at least with an eye on a starting position. TT and Hill, guh. As soon as I saw Hill on the field at the end of that game, I knew we were in trouble. Yikes.

I agree with many of the things you said. PC is horrid at clock management and his use of timeouts.

Flowers had a very bad game against GB. Early in the game he whiffed on a tackle he should have made. After I saw that, I tried to pay specific attention to his play. He was often out of position and his tackling was weak. Almost as if he was not playing 100%.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":wvvt2tbb said:
pittpnthrs":wvvt2tbb said:
SoulfishHawk":wvvt2tbb said:

Be a Cleveland fan. Goodbye.
Holy crap, right? Even worse is Detroit. I witness that debacle in Michigan every year and thank the good lord that we have a GREAT franchise, a GREAT coach and a GREAT QB. I am laughing so hard right now at some of the posts in this thread. Good god people, imagine being a fan of a team that did not make the playoffs or a fan of a team that very rarely does. There are quite a few of them. Perspective is a beautiful thing, it really is.

reddmmann

Reaction score
Crizilla":1qfm8qgh said:
All young offensive minded coaches, some being rookie head coaches, in that order, took down Pete Caroll and the Seattle Seahawks.

Week 14 loss to Rams
Week 16 loss to Cardinals
Week 17 loss to 49ers
Divisional Playoff loss to Packers

Really makes you think.

Week 4- beat the Cardinals
Week 5- beat the Rams
Week 10- beat the 49ers

Really makes you think. :D

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":3j3u0uaf said:
SoulfishHawk":3j3u0uaf said:

we have not been a REAL threat since 2014

Dear God.....

This ranks right up there in the archives of .net history........

If it were anybody else I would have expected the sarcasm sign. Sadly I know you are being serious.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Largent80":23lx8npf said:
Pitt troll is doing the best he can to be a negative force, but he's justa another weak assed troll trying to elicit responses.

I'm not trolling, i'm just trying to wake you up to the problems surrounding Pete Carroll.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/zjwhitman/status/1216561544995041280[/tweet]

Look at those numbers. There's definitely a problem there. How can anybody ignore that?

13 whole first half points in 5 divisional playoff games. Good lord.

Latest posts