Is Kyler Murray the real deal or just Kaepernick 2.0???

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think KM is overrated period,he is a better passer than Kap
when he has lanes to see..He is at least 2 inches shorter
than RW and yes in the NFL where your DL/OL are a bunch
of huge 6:5 or taller guys with long wingspans it matters.
He has a pretty small build..Dunlap called him a squirrel and I
agree.He doesn't have RW's build to take punishment and it's
already affecting him as we all saw.
He is a runner,he was leading all QB's in rushing yards till he
got trucked by the Hawks.
I'm not saying he can't do good but if he is hurt or can't run you
might as well cash your chips in.
As for being in PM's mold?Ha Ha no..PM's has a build like Russ
but Pm's is also 6:3 in height ..Tell me that doesn't help him a lot.
KM has neither bulk or height and his frame isn't going to allow
it without losing a lot of speed.If he is better than Kap..Is that saying
much?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
sutz":26a1cxbw said:
Milehighhawk":26a1cxbw said:
Threedee":26a1cxbw said:
Murray injured his shoulder early in the game against us. That basically is why AZ just lost to NE, as he wasn't able to fully recover yet.

This is a critical aspect no one has mentioned though and not a positive for Murray if that is what the loss is to be lamed on. Wilson has unreal (Cal Ripken-esque) durability and even when he has been injured has been able to still take the field and lead his team to victory. I suspect Murray's body won't hold up to the sacks over time, but we'll see.
Good point. Murray is shorter than Russ, but also is rather more slight of frame as well. Kind of like Doug Flutie, built more like a WR. Russ is short, but if you look at him he's pretty muscular, too. Russ is stocky and apparently built to handle the pounding more. Tyler, not so much.
I think Lamar has a similar problem with his frame being much more slight. He also happens to be the worst passer of all of them except for maybe Kap. When loses that homerun speed, he's less than useless as a QB. I'm surprised he hasn't blown a tire yet. Can you imagine him playing with a bum ankle or knee?

On a similar but separate note. I'm always shocked when people think guys are good passers like Lamar or any QB just because they looked good in college throwing to receivers that running free down the seem all game long. What is impressive about that? Most college QBs will put up good numbers in that scenario. Lamar looked to be improving throwing the ball last year, but it was only because that running game with him leading it left guys running free up the seem on play action. It's the reason why I don't trust QBs from schools like Alabama that have such a talent disparity in almost every game they play. QBs on teams like that never learn to operate in tight spaces or learn to trust what "open" actually looks like in the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":297y9wz2 said:
sutz":297y9wz2 said:
Milehighhawk":297y9wz2 said:
Threedee":297y9wz2 said:
Murray injured his shoulder early in the game against us. That basically is why AZ just lost to NE, as he wasn't able to fully recover yet.

This is a critical aspect no one has mentioned though and not a positive for Murray if that is what the loss is to be lamed on. Wilson has unreal (Cal Ripken-esque) durability and even when he has been injured has been able to still take the field and lead his team to victory. I suspect Murray's body won't hold up to the sacks over time, but we'll see.
Good point. Murray is shorter than Russ, but also is rather more slight of frame as well. Kind of like Doug Flutie, built more like a WR. Russ is short, but if you look at him he's pretty muscular, too. Russ is stocky and apparently built to handle the pounding more. Tyler, not so much.
I think Lamar has a similar problem with his frame being much more slight. He also happens to be the worst passer of all of them except for maybe Kap. When loses that homerun speed, he's less than useless as a QB. I'm surprised he hasn't blown a tire yet. Can you imagine him playing with a bum ankle or knee?

On a similar but separate note. I'm always shocked when people think guys are good passers like Lamar or any QB just because they looked good in college throwing to receivers that running free down the seem all game long. What is impressive about that? Most college QBs will put up good numbers in that scenario. Lamar looked to be improving throwing the ball last year, but it was only because that running game with him leading it left guys running free up the seem on play action. It's the reason why I don't trust QBs from schools like Alabama that have such a talent disparity in almost every game they play. QBs on teams like that never learn to operate in tight spaces or learn to trust what "open" actually looks like in the NFL.

Joe Namath.............

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Aros":2qvoo6eg said:
Who this little guy? Isn't he adorable? :lol:

Unnamed
Love it Todd..I'll buy the poster! :irishdrinkers:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1t6dymkn said:
OrangeGravy":1t6dymkn said:
sutz":1t6dymkn said:
Milehighhawk":1t6dymkn said:

Joe Namath.............
Ken Stabler..

sutz

Reaction score
The truth is, we probably don't know yet. It'll take several years to really see if he is gonna stick. Hell, even Mahomes hasn't been around that long. Not ready to GOAT his ass either, yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2qc8cuj0 said:
chris98251":2qc8cuj0 said:
OrangeGravy":2qc8cuj0 said:
sutz":2qc8cuj0 said:

Joe Namath.............
Ken Stabler..

Nice call, I had forgot him being a Bryant disciple.

Threedee

Reaction score
sutz":ck1vbcqr said:

THAT'S WHAT CIARA SAID!

diver110

Reaction score
Too soon to tell, but from what I have seen, Murray will have a longer career than K.