It's Happening

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1fmgry9n said:
hawksfansinceday1":1fmgry9n said:
HawkGA":1fmgry9n said:
Alabama is going to make it back into the College Football Playoff because of this and it's going to be glorious!
Not my opinion................ :(

Mine either.. but that's the strength of the SEC. They could get 3 of the spots if OSU or Clemson dump a game, just by the strength of their schedules.

Playoff needs to expand to 6..
Or 8. I'm good either way.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":x3n4xzxj said:
Alabama is going to make it back into the College Football Playoff because of this and it's going to be glorious!
Glorious?Your team that cannot even make it to the SEC championship
just beat who???Western Carolina!
If your tide get in..The system needs to be changed AGAIN.

D

DomeHawk

dutchcoug":edwu9x6x said:
How about that UW game? Crazy, right?

Win an Apple Cup one of these years before you pop off! :stirthepot:

D

DomeHawk

Watched the whole game, ASU outplayed them the whole game and then in the last six minutes they seemed to be determined to hand it right back to them. Their defense thought the game was over. I had a feeling that ASU would upset them, it was only a little over a month ago that they were 5-1 and ranked. They are not a bad team.

Like I posted a while back, Oregon is not a CFP team, they were barely beating unranked Pac-12 teams. And Herbert was Herbert, the only reason his pass % is as high as high as it is because they dink and dunk a lot. Many of his NFL-type passes are more often off the mark.

Nothing against Herbert either, I admire what he did in coming back to play his senior year. He's a great kid but I thought he should have went out last year. He lost a boat load of money yesterday.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1xh0pbp6 said:
dutchcoug":1xh0pbp6 said:

We’re going to lose next week. Sorry for popping off and hurting your feelings. Didn’t realize you were sensitive. Hang in there little buddy.

getnasty

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1vwldve2 said:
dutchcoug":1vwldve2 said:

Ha! Keeping hanging your hat on winning a game you should ever year.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
getnasty":1afdduru said:
DomeHawk":1afdduru said:
dutchcoug":1afdduru said:

Ha! Keeping hanging your hat on winning a game you should ever year.

I mean, at this point we’re numb to losing the Apple Cup, I guess that’s all mutt fans have to hang their hat on. It’s like they don’t get 5 and 4 star recruits and we get the left over scraps they don’t want.

D

DomeHawk

dutchcoug":38ilgyj3 said:
getnasty":38ilgyj3 said:
DomeHawk":38ilgyj3 said:
dutchcoug":38ilgyj3 said:

we get the left over scraps they don’t want.

Yeah, and it shows but somehow you have managed to beat Oregon almost every year lately. CP clearly knows how to game plan you. Wish he could do that as well with other teams.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
DomeHawk":369wsxj6 said:
dutchcoug":369wsxj6 said:
getnasty":369wsxj6 said:
DomeHawk":369wsxj6 said:

Yeah, and it shows but somehow you have managed to beat Oregon almost every year lately. CP clearly knows how to game plan you. Wish he could do that as well with other teams.

I would take going to a bowl and losing to the mutts vs missing a bowl and beating the mutts. You guys are just not that important.

D

DomeHawk

dutchcoug":11hv1af6 said:
DomeHawk":11hv1af6 said:
dutchcoug":11hv1af6 said:
getnasty":11hv1af6 said:

I would take going to a bowl and losing to the mutts vs missing a bowl and beating the mutts. You guys are just not that important.

Nor should we be. I root for the cougs in every game that we aren't playing each other.

I absolutely cannot bring myself to root for the ducks in ANY scenario.

HawkGA

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2g3e3a5r said:
HawkGA":2g3e3a5r said:
Glorious?Your team that cannot even make it to the SEC championship
just beat who???Western Carolina!
If your tide get in..The system needs to be changed AGAIN.

For the record, I don't actually think it SHOULD happen, but I think it will happen. And as a fan, I'll happily take it. How times are fans on the wrong end of bad things happening that shouldn't?

D

DomeHawk

dutchcoug":1n6fnhxg said:
DomeHawk":1n6fnhxg said:
dutchcoug":1n6fnhxg said:

We’re going to lose next week. Sorry for popping off and hurting your feelings. Didn’t realize you were sensitive. Hang in there little buddy.

Not sensitive or little, just playing the rival game, it's that time of year. We used to call you Moo-U but I guess you have a culinary arts program now too.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3ktat8ur said:
...........Like I posted a while back, Oregon is not a CFP team, they were barely beating unranked Pac-12 teams........
You were right, I was wrong.
And btw I'm not a Ducks fan, Cougs and Dawgs.

olyfan63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":zkcurlkq said:
dutchcoug":zkcurlkq said:
DomeHawk":zkcurlkq said:

Nor should we be. I root for the cougs in every game that we aren't playing each other.

I absolutely cannot bring myself to root for the ducks in ANY scenario.

Pretty much how I am, I root for the Dawgs in every non-Coug game. It's always a stunner when teams the Cougs handle wind up beating the Huskies. Like Cal last year, winning on the road. Or Oregon, who the Cougs beat like a drum, most years, just not this year, but Oregon causes the Huskies fits. Have no idea how CP and the Huskies manage to lose to the other Pac-12 teams, kind of a rock-paper-scissors thing.

Then the Apple Cup comes around, and whoever is coaching the Huskies just knows, "we have the superior athletes, superior strong large linemen, and we will gameplan on simply out-manning the Cougars." CP figured this out straight-away upon coming to UW.

Like Dutch said, after a while, Coug fans like me simply get numb to losing to the Huskies. Hell, I still remember the glory of the Ryan Leaf Apple Cup win in the snow back in the day, the Mike Price years. Last year I thought there was a chance with Gardner Minshew, but not in those field conditions that neutralized the Air Raid. This year I don't really think there's a chance for the Cougs; to win, the Cougs, IMO, would need to be at least +3 in turnover margin in that game. The Cougs D has been a huge liability all year, so it seems unlikely. I'm just hoping for a competitive, interesting game and for Anthony Gordon to survive and not get hit so hard and often that it makes him unable to play in a bowl game, and for him to NOT pull a Luke Falk and gift 10 turnovers to the Huskies.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Be interesting to see where Utah falls if they can beat Oregon

dutchcoug

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2wux6on9 said:
dutchcoug":2wux6on9 said:
DomeHawk":2wux6on9 said:
dutchcoug":2wux6on9 said:

Not sensitive or little, just playing the rival game, it's that time of year. We used to call you Moo-U but I guess you have a culinary arts program now too.

Cool, you know nothing about our school. Ever watch the news, read a paper/online article, eat food, take your pet to the vet or go to a hotel? No? I guess we are just a “culinary arts” school, smart guy. I would never crap on a good school like UW but then again I actually went to college or am just not that arrogant. Post about the Seahawks and not the mutts once.

D

DomeHawk

dutchcoug":2gtnc5ex said:
DomeHawk":2gtnc5ex said:
dutchcoug":2gtnc5ex said:
DomeHawk":2gtnc5ex said:

Cool, you know nothing about our school. Ever watch the news, read a paper/online article, eat food, take your pet to the vet or go to a hotel? No? I guess we are just a “culinary arts” school, smart guy. I would never crap on a good school like UW but then again I actually went to college or am just not that arrogant. Post about the Seahawks and not the mutts once.

Whoosh!!!

D

DomeHawk

dutchcoug":eho171rq said:
DomeHawk":eho171rq said:
dutchcoug":eho171rq said:
DomeHawk":eho171rq said:

You know who goes to WSU? People who can't get into UW.

D

DomeHawk

dutchcoug":1ob06p4i said:
DomeHawk":1ob06p4i said:
dutchcoug":1ob06p4i said:
DomeHawk":1ob06p4i said:

"I've always felt that being a Cougar prepares you for life. You learn not to expect too much."
--UW Coach Don James