Jake Browning bengals backup

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Threw 91 TDs his senior year in HS. Yep.

Holds most every QB record at U-Dub. And that stat may be crazier than the 1st.

Super football smart but very little arm talent. Though it appears he has improved that a bit. I assumed he'd be an assistant coach somewhere by now. Happy for the little dork.

Xxx

Reaction score
Threw 91 TDs his senior year in HS. Yep.

Holds most every QB record at U-Dub. And that stat may be crazier than the 1st.

Super football smart but very little arm talent. Though it appears he has improved that a bit. I assumed he'd be an assistant coach somewhere by now. Happy for the little dork.
Heard that today too about the 91 tds

Chuckwow

Reaction score
He was quite the HS sensation. No doubt. Folsum. Petersen recruited him to Boise and brought him to Washington. Several reasons Jake holds so many records at UW. First and foremost, he was a 4 year starter. Last time we had a legit shot at our 3rd natty, he was QB. Threw a pick 6 to end the half vs Bama and we never came back from that. Dork move. lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Loved seeing him light it up last night. I remember a lot of people claiming he wouldn't make it to the NFL. Backup or not, he's doing his thing. Good for him.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well .net has DK and Witherspoon on the trade block...now Browning has one good game and it's trade time...or do they trade us Burrow? If Browning is this good maybe Burrow would be cheaper given his injury history? I think the Browning and Bobo combo would be unstoppable though. Would a rd1 DK and Witherspoon be enough?? If this happens I am buying super bowl tickets next year.....

xray

Reaction score
He played lights out last night ; but he is still a backup QB and the Hawks already have some of those . :)

bileever

Reaction score
I loved watching Jake Browning when he played for the Huskies. He was magical his sophomore year, throwing to John Ross and Dante Pettis. People seem to have forgotten that 2016 season. He set a UW record with 43 TD passes. The team made the CFP but lost to Alabama. He was Pac-12 player of the year and was 6th in Heisman voting.

The reason Browning went undrafted is that he hurt his shoulder that year, and had surgery after the season. That injury prevented him from playing up to his potential in the CFP, and it must have taken a while to get over it, because he was not the same player afterwards. The next year, you could see that he didn't seem to have the arm strength to make the throws he could before.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Loved watching that first down run in the second half. Jake's still got his mobility!

He seemed to cave against good defenses at Washington, but he looked pretty poised under pressure so far.

He was probably the most accurate passer on intermediate throws I've ever seen in college.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Loved seeing him light it up last night. I remember a lot of people claiming he wouldn't make it to the NFL. Backup or not, he's doing his thing. Good for him.
I was one of those guys. He just took forever to process the play. Amazed he's even in the league honestly.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Def. not a cannon. But he won, a lot. We always joked that his throws took a half an hour to get to the WR.
Plus, he never once lost the Apple Cup. And he pointed at the Whoregon defender when he scored, and UW put up 70. He will always be cool in my book.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Let’s not. We tried this before. Unless we draft a rookie QB - then, by all means do it. That worked.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
There's not a ton of upside there. I'd pass. Good on him for dealing, though.