Jalen Carter stick a fork in him

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The most interesting question about Carter is... What is the over/under draft position for him to be the bust that many of us expect... vs.... the draft position where he feels so utterly disrespected and, as a result, commits himself to proving xx teams that they made a huge mistake?

I put the over/under at #31, which is the last pick in the 1st round this year.

In other words, if he gets drafted in the 1st round, I'm predicting that he's either a bust or JAG.

If he goes undrafted at the end of Day 1, I'm predicting that he'll prove 31 teams made a huge mistake.

RiverDog

Reaction score
he's still a top 10 pick. he won't make it past the eagles at #10 imo. they would pair him with fellow GA alumn jordan davis.
The Eagles would make sense. If you look at the teams between #5 and #9, ie Lions, Raiders, Falcons, Bears, their coaches/GM's are either new or skating on thin ice and with teams that failed to make the playoffs. The Eagles are flying high, and can afford to take a PR risk by drafting a player with as much baggage that Carter has.

WarHawks

Reaction score
It would be one thing if Carter's high risk was offset by an equally high Aaron Donald-like ceiling and production, but that just isn't the case is it? With someone like Richardson, you're aiming high, hoping he blossoms with experience and tutelage. With someone like Carter, you're aiming low, hoping he can rise above his work ethic and character concerns. We've been down that road. I would rather aim high than aim low.

toffee

Reaction score
It would be one thing if Carter's high risk was offset by an equally high Aaron Donald-like ceiling and production, but that just isn't the case is it? With someone like Richardson, you're aiming high, hoping he blossoms with experience and tutelage. With someone like Carter, you're aiming low, hoping he can rise above his work ethic and character concerns. We've been down that road. I would rather aim high than aim low.
Aaron Donald is a very dedicated player, invested great amount of time to better himself. On motivation and work ethic, Aaron Donald is the opposite of Carter.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think Carter will be a better pro. His ceiling is pretty freaking high and at a premier position.

1. Richardson
2. Carter
3. Anderson

For me

Fade

Reaction score
All I know is… giving a lazy player tens of millions of dollars before they've even take a snap is a sure fire way to motivate them.

Ozzy

Reaction score
All I know is… giving a lazy player tens of millions of dollars before they've even take a snap is a sure fire way to motivate them.
Yep couldn't care less about the accident but McGinns article makes him untouchable for me assuming its true.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All I know is....regardless WHO the Hawks choose, you'll somehow blast them for it, and turn it into another Pete Sucks thread.

bileever

Reaction score
Aaron Curry was not lazy. He sucked, but wasn't lazy.
Aaron Curry, All-American LB, 4.56 in the 40, 6' 2" and 255 lbs. Winner of the Butkus award. Consensus top-5 pick (some thought he might go #1). Smart, great attitude, hard-working. Some thought he was the best linebacker to come out of college in 20 years. What could go wrong?

Drafted #4 by the Seahawks in 2009, Curry wasn't terrible, but lost his job to KJ Wright, a 4th round pick (#99) in 2011. Just goes to show you, the draft is crap shoot.

I think he was a guy who outperformed his potential through smarts and sheer will, but didn't really have the physical tools to do the same at the next level. He's the linebackers coach for the Steelers now, after getting his coaching start from Carroll with the Seahawks.

James in PA

Reaction score
By the looks of his Pro Day, Jalen likes to stick his fork in a lot of things.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Georgia DT Jalen Carter 9 lbs heavier, struggles at pro day

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter was nine pounds heavier than he was at the NFL combine about two weeks ago and couldn't finish his position drills at Georgia's pro day on Wednesday.

Carter, who was once considered a potential No. 1 pick in April's draft, weighed 323 pounds at the pro day. He opted to do only position drills and didn't participate in other aspects of the workout, including the 40-yard dash, cone drills and other physical tests. Carter didn't finish the position drills because he was cramping up and breathing heavily.
Thank god this idiot is not a hawk.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Yeah AND HIS GROWN ASS HASNT SAID HE WAS SORRY For the situation.

I mean, wouldn’t you at least say something?
Toxic - and he's someone else's problem. Thankfully.

Contrary to popular opinion sometimes - character DOES matter - even in the money machine.

chris98251

Reaction score
Toxic - and he's someone else's problem. Thankfully.

Contrary to popular opinion sometimes - character DOES matter - even in the money machine.
I would say character is subjective, drive and work ethic now that's a different story, some guys have the sheer talent to get by in college, Curry being a physical beast there as well, very few have the physical ability that is above most starters in the NFL, they can match them, they are on a level playing field, the work and study and ability to tie it together separates them from the rest on the NFL level. Guys like Bo Jackson and Earl Campbell being the outliers, even then they both had work ethic that elevated them to phenoms. No take a guy like Walter Payton or Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice or Steve Largent, they were not physically intimidating, were not given a gift other were not but nobody worked harder and pushed themselves to a higher level then those guys, the workouts of Rice and Payton were legendary and other players that tried them could not even finish them many times.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I know it's early but could this be a byproduct of paying college players?

Latest posts