Jamal Adams drama on the horizon?

Hawknight

Reaction score
As Jamal Adams wanted out of New York because they weren't winning and wanted more money, we paid, but the chances of winning went out the window along with Wilson.

It's probably just a matter of time before we hear Jamal wanting out of Seattle. Any thoughts/speculation of what might happen with Jamal now?

Mizak

Reaction score
More “I’m the best in the nation” stuff that he’ll be sprouting off.

Rat

Reaction score
If he can find a team willing to take on his contract while sending us at least something in compensation, good for him. Good luck on that. I suspect he'll be a Seahawk for at least another year.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Get him out during the reboot.

If we want a safety, buy one. If we want a pass rusher, buy one. Or keep Frank Clark. Screw these 'building' projects.

Adams and his 1000 lb ego need to get the **** out.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
More likely is that Adams just checks out and becomes a paycheck player.

He left one losing place to join another place that immediately starts losing.

Now we are legit a loser, probably with a worse future than the Jets unless we get Watson.

He is getting paid a lot of money. At this point you can fight against the current or ride with it.

He might be able to become a stat hawk.

Betting he does the latter. Guys like him and Dunlap may just accept there is a lot to the situation they do not control. They might want to win but know there isn't much chance of it now.

keasley45

Reaction score
I honestly don't get the Adams hate. The dude has balled out since he's been here. He spent the majority of last year playing the game in a way he was never asked to and in a system that, as we know now, was in Flux. The year before, he was a force, and prior to that, one of the top players in the league.

He wanted out of NY because their record was bad AND they had abysmal leadership. He said it himself that he saw the situation as hopeless. Seattle is NOT NY and despite the criticism Pete and John get on .net they are two of the best and by all accounts have the respect and loyalty of the team (Pete does).

That being said, between the two safeties, Diggs is the more valuable piece in terms of xs and os. If they git an offer for Adams they couldn't refuse, they'd be foolish to not listen.

At the same time though, Adams brings a ferocity to the D that harkens back to the LOB days. He was out of position more than he should have been last year but us hard to put that entirely on him.

This year will be a good barometer for where the defense is and who the key pieces are.

getnasty

Reaction score
keasley45":1rqlbrhs said:
I honestly don't get the Adams hate. The dude has balled out since he's been here. He spent the majority of last year playing the game in a way he was never asked to and in a system that, as we know now, was in Flux. The year before, he was a force, and prior to that, one of the top players in the league.

He wanted out of NY because their record was bad AND they had abysmal leadership. He said it himself that he saw the situation as hopeless. Seattle is NOT NY and despite the criticism Pete and John get on .net they are two of the best and by all accounts have the respect and loyalty of the team (Pete does).

That being said, between the two safeties, Diggs is the more valuable piece in terms of xs and os. If they git an offer for Adams they couldn't refuse, they'd be foolish to not listen.

At the same time though, Adams brings a ferocity to the D that harkens back to the LOB days. He was out of position more than he should have been last year but us hard to put that entirely on him.

This year will be a good barometer for where the defense is and who the key pieces are.

I agree with this. I feel like people are just so pissed about the trade that they hate Adams for it. Jamal would have fit in perfect with the LOB and i wish more players had his swagger.

Also if you don't know what he was doing with "I'm the best in the nation" qoute then maybe do some research.

pugs1

Reaction score
getnasty":17fgbxjt said:
keasley45":17fgbxjt said:

I agree with this. I feel like people are just so pissed about the trade that they hate Adams for it. Jamal would have fit in perfect with the LOB and i wish more players had his swagger.

Also if you don't know what he was doing with "I'm the best in the nation" qoute then maybe do some research.

Agree 100% I'm concerned about his long term future because of his injuries since the trade. I'm excited to see if this new defensive coaching staff can get him to his full potential.

NeutralRGNr

Reaction score
Mizak":3mahq1s3 said:

Seems like people still aren’t aware that Adams said that as a tribute to Trabis Ward:

“ Ward, a former Tennessee State University RB who was fatally shot outside of a liquor store in 2020.”

Trabis ward famously said “I’m the best in the nation” back in 2008 during a candid interview.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
keasley45":1s5kw8nc said:

Define "ball out". He's been inconsistent, and at times has been a liability at times on defense. He's had a few games where he really popped, but he hasn't been that good here in Seattle. He deserves every bit of the hate thrown his way given his paycheck, draft capital that we spent to acquire him (we paid almost as much as Denver did for Russ, which is insane).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":115u4keo said:
keasley45":115u4keo said:

Define "ball out". He's been inconsistent, and at times has been a liability at times on defense. He's had a few games where he really popped, but he hasn't been that good here in Seattle. He deserves every bit of the hate thrown his way given his paycheck, draft capital that we spent to acquire him (we paid almost as much as Denver did for Russ, which is insane).
Haters just gotta hate :roll:
Good sense tells us that we should Ignore, or at least SET ASIDE the business end of the Adams trade deal, as that's an entirely different issue altogether.
Hell, maybe we should throw everything we have at getting Aaron Donald, bring him in, & stick him out there playing Cornerback. :lol:
Money & Draft Picks aside, it's not Adams' fault that he's been misused & his talents SQUANDERED.
The guy plays as he's told, and gives it his all.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think getting Adams was about setting a culture of nastiness on our defense. With Adams, Taylor, and Brooks, I think we have some big hitters that are going tongive it their all and play some scary Defense. I want to keep Adams. If our pick was #29 instead of #10 it would not feel so lopsided

A-Dog

Reaction score
This thread is just awful (no offense to the OP) - but it's full of biased assumptions, fake news, and general unfair negativity. This fanbase really just NEEDS TO GET OVER IT with the Jamal Adams trade. It's done, over, in the past, and Adams is one of our key players. Nothing about the trade was his fault, and the injuries have nothing to do with his character, work ethic, attitude, competitiveness, etc.

Some examples:

"Jamal Adams wanted out of New York because they weren't winning and wanted more money"

Actually, the NYJ were a horribly run organization who fired their GM and then fired their HC. Sure, Adams wants to win, and wants to be paid (doesn't everybody?).

The Seahawks organization (despite recent events) is undeniably a relatively stable, well-run organization with history of winning.

It's probably just a matter of time before we hear Jamal wanting out of Seattle

There is absolutely no evidence of this - everything we've heard from Carroll and Adams has been positive. Again, you can't compare this org to the NY Jets. This narrative is pure fan fiction.

It's been explained a million times that Adams wasn't bragging when he introduced himself as “the best in the nation” during Sunday Night Football, but rather paying homage to the late Trabis Ward, who made that phrase go viral years earlier. Please stop perpetuating this false narrative.

If we want a safety, buy one... Adams and his 1000 lb ego need to get the f*** out.

Why would we get rid of Adams, take on tons of dead money, only to spend more money to buy a replacement. It makes ZERO SENSE.

As far as egos go - The Seahawks won a Superbowl with a team stacked to the gills with massive egos. There is no correlation between big egos and bad players - in fact it's quite the opposite.

More likely is that Adams just checks out and becomes a paycheck player.

What on earth would make you think that? There is nothing in Adams' history, as a player on the field, that would indicate he is a player who would just check out and go through the motions. He is one of the most intense, passionate competitors in the league - this prediction is just ridiculous. Adams is not wired like this.

He deserves every bit of the hate thrown his way given his paycheck, draft capital that we spent to acquire him
Did Adams negotiate the trade compensation? Should Adams be hated for trying to maximize his compensation? Again, this hate is incredibly misguided and unfair.

Sometimes I really hate Seahawks fans.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It might benefit both parties to go in a new direction. But I don't think he's going to start to force his way out. He has a chance to become the leader of this new defense. Maybe he steps up and has more success in a scheme that is closer to the one in NYJ.

If they want to cut out, what would you take? I'd take a third in this draft, I think.

Fade

Reaction score
Jamal Adams is small potatoes.

He either works out this year, or he doesn't. If he plays like an All-Pro he stays, if not, they will move on from him next off-season. It doesn't really matter in the end as they have plenty of cap space to afford him. Until they get a QB though, they're stuck in the cellar.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Its like we didn't watch the effing Bears.

Mack was a wreaking ball. He was a monster, but they could not win because they DID NOT HAVE A QB.

We either get Watson or need to suck for 2-3 years while we stockpile picks to try to reload.
(Remembering with Carroll's system only of 1 of 3 picks will pan out)

If you do not have a QB you do not have a chance.

If you do not have an elite QB? You do not have a regular seat in the playoffs. Period.

You can sneak in once or twice with a Nick Foles...maybe. But probably that was an outlier.

Teams that do not have QBs don't matter.

What Adams does will only matter if we have a QB or if he can not only get 20 sacks a year, but somehow throw 35TDs.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Matt Stafford had exactly zero playoff wins prior to being traded to the Rams. Yes, QB matters a lot, but the rest of the team matters as well. I mean, did Aaron Donald not matter before Stafford came along?

Elemas

Reaction score
Trade him to Denver for Russ since they apparently cost the same.

Then he could really be:

“Best in da NEIGHtion”

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":cy4t7fhf said:
Its like we didn't watch the effing Bears.

Mack was a wreaking ball. He was a monster, but they could not win because they DID NOT HAVE A QB.

We either get Watson or need to suck for 2-3 years while we stockpile picks to try to reload.
(Remembering with Carroll's system only of 1 of 3 picks will pan out)

If you do not have a QB you do not have a chance.

If you do not have an elite QB? You do not have a regular seat in the playoffs. Period.

You can sneak in once or twice with a Nick Foles...maybe. But probably that was an outlier.

Teams that do not have QBs don't matter.

What Adams does will only matter if we have a QB or if he can not only get 20 sacks a year, but somehow throw 35TDs.

Our situation is nothing like the Bears. If we traded for Adams before having the QB, I would agree with you, but last I checked we traded for Adams with Wilson in his prime. We took a shot at a championship run. It didn't pay off in part because our of star QB played like crap during his last playoff game and then in the following season broke his finger missing 3 games while insisting on coming back too early.

Latest posts