Jamal Adams likely Out for Season

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Another fluke injury, that guy wants to win bad. That's a huge loss for this team. Regardless what people think of the guy. Sometimes you swing and miss on a contract. It's not like the guy is getting hurt on purpose. Crap happens.
He’s getting hurt by giving it all on the field every play. I was really looking forward to seeing how he would be used in Hurtt’s new scheme. Other than the doink, it was looking pretty good.

flv2

Reaction score

Seymour

Reaction score
He’s getting hurt by giving it all on the field every play. I was really looking forward to seeing how he would be used in Hurtt’s new scheme. Other than the doink, it was looking pretty good.
LOL. Do you realize he broke his finger getting caught in a earhole during practice? Maybe he should remove one crossbar on his helmet so it can catch the balls that hit him in the face. That is now #2 he's done that on. Then he has the balz to say missed it by that much! LMAO.

sutz

Reaction score
There are CBA ramifications for cutting injured players. It's not that easy. I know people love to go on and on about shit like this, but not much we can do.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I wonder if we could have a come to Jesus with him and attempt some sort of restructure? I don't think he is cooked, but he has gotta understand this is a business...

Seymour

Reaction score
Pretty sure the CBA injury issue is not valid if they wait until after the SB and cut him for 2023.

flv2

Reaction score
You don't make a final decision now when the the first deadline date is more than 4 months away.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Can't really hate the failed trade that much, they took a shot on an obviously talented player and he kept getting hurt, now most significantly, it's bad luck, it happens.

Am I the only one not that worried about it? I want the young kids and Neal to play and CATCH THE INTERCEPTIONS.

I don't think we'll need to do too much in the defense to replace his pass rush, Barton is a good blitzer as well.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
LOL. Do you realize he broke his finger getting caught in a earhole during practice? Maybe he should remove one crossbar on his helmet so it can catch the balls that hit him in the face. That is now #2 he's done that on. Then he has the balz to say missed it by that much! LMAO.
LOL nothing you said counteracted anything I said. Then you have the balz to act like you have a point! LMAO

balakoth

Reaction score
So glad we signed this guy to a MASSIVE extension after paying way too much for him in a trade.
Not too much and .. again cant really use a crystal ball on this

Anyone trying to say Adams isn't a massive talent and that was a bad deal is just a Wilson homer and should head to Denver.

edogg23

Reaction score
Not too much and .. again cant really use a crystal ball on this

Anyone trying to say Adams isn't a massive talent and that was a bad deal is just a Wilson homer and should head to Denver.
He plays safety, can’t cover and can’t catch. He got paid for his blitzing ability and then teams figured that out. This has become one of the worst moves since Percy Harvin if not the worst move.

Gio

Reaction score
Aint gonna say i regret trading for him. He's still young and still has a lot to give. He's unlucky so far. With Jets i dont remeber him being injured. Let's hope him speedy recovery and come back stronger.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If injuries were the only problem with this trade, it wouldn't have looked so bad. But even when healthy, we never found a role for Adams in Pete's defense. A year after the trade, Pete admitted that we still hadn't figured out how best to use him. I couldn't believe that we had traded what we did for a player that we didn't know how to utilize or didn't have a defined role for.

He's a liability in pass coverage, and he's not a ball hawk, having dropped countless interceptions, the latest occurring Monday night. He's a one trick pony, his only contributions coming in pass rushing/blitzing situations.

This is one of Pete's biggest boners, and one of the main reasons why I jumped off his bandwagon.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, it happened. So it's next man up. Dwelling and whining about it isn't going to change the fact that it turned out to be a bad trade. Not only was I stoked for the trade I bought his Jersey last year. I don't like the guy any less, he just has had some really bad luck.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
I was excited when the trade happened (I said in several places that I thought he could become our Troy Polamalu), but even then I thought it was a lot to give up for a safety. He's a great player, I hope he rebounds and becomes a stud leader of this defense, but right now, it's looking like a huge swing and miss. I hope Schneider and Carroll learned a thing or two about positional value with that disaster.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

WAS a massive talent, as in past tense.

Dude's been broken for two years, he hasn't been a massive talent since halfway through his first season here. You don't come back from two torn labrums, bad ankles, bad hands, now bad legs.

Not a safety who's entire skillset is his ferocious hitting ability, tenacity and violence.

It's over. Worst trade in Hawk's history...............let the injury settlement negotiations begin.

samwize77

Reaction score
WAS a massive talent, as in past tense.

Dude's been broken for two years, he hasn't been a massive talent since halfway through his first season here. You don't come back from two torn labrums, bad ankles, bad hands, now bad legs.

Not a safety who's entire skillset is his ferocious hitting ability, tenacity and violence.

It's over. Worst trade in Hawk's history...............let the injury settlement negotiations begin.
This