NFL mulls discipline for safety Seahawks' Jamal Adams

RiverDog

Reaction score
I’m not rationalizing anything. You’re just overreacting.
I may or may not be overreacting. I openly admit that don't know what was said, if threats were made, ect. I am making an assumption based on the fact that it took 3 people to restrain him and the characterization in the article of a "wild scene" that it must have been pretty bad.

But this IS a rationalization:

He was emotionally charged, having spent a year trying to rehab from serious injury.

And BTW, I was at the game but didn't see what happened on the sideline.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Why does everyone constantly want to just keep going circles and arguing everything? Who cares dude, so someone else sees it differently than you. You want to fine the dude (which fyi is still a punishment lol and still a poor look on the NFL for a dude concussed) ... for what? A "wild scene" that is a huge over exaggerating the situation and you're buying into it.
And since you "missed it" seems to be your excuse...here's the clip. Its laughable.

HE'S A MAD MAN AND ITS SOO WILD!! lol Players throwing their helmets and slamming them down or breaking the tablets... is more excessive than this.

I may or may not be overreacting. I openly admit that don't know what was said, if threats were made, ect. I am making an assumption based on the fact that it took 3 people to restrain him and the characterization in the article of a "wild scene" that it must have been pretty bad.

But this IS a rationalization:

He was emotionally charged, having spent a year trying to rehab from serious injury.

And BTW, I was at the game but didn't see what happened on the sideline.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Why does everyone constantly want to just keep going circles and arguing everything? Who cares dude, so someone else sees it differently than you. You want to fine the dude (which fyi is still a punishment lol and still a poor look on the NFL for a dude concussed) ... for what? A "wild scene" that is a huge over exaggerating the situation and you're buying into it.
And since you "missed it" seems to be your excuse...here's the clip. Its laughable.

HE'S A MAD MAN AND ITS SOO WILD!! lol Players throwing their helmets and slamming them down or breaking the tablets... is more excessive than this.

First of all, this is an opinion forum. You, of all people, should understand that we will argue about things, sometimes very trivial things. It's one of the primary functions of this forum, is it not?

Secondly, are you under the belief that your 15 second clip, about 10 seconds of which is Adams arguing and of which there are no discernable words that can be heard, is all inclusive of the incident? It's laughable.

And thirdly, it wasn't just the media description of the "wild scene" which you cherry picked out of my statement. I stated that I was making an assumption based on the fact that three people, including two security agents, felt that it was serious enough for them to intervene, that it must have been pretty bad.

If all Adams did was to tell them to F-off or something like that, then I'm good with no discipline being issued so long as Adams mans up and apologizes to them. But if he threatened or intimidated them, he should be fined.

Last edited:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
First of all, this is an opinion forum. You, of all people, should understand that we will argue about things, sometimes very trivial things. It's one of the primary functions of this forum, is it not?

Secondly, are you under the belief that your 15 second clip, about 10 seconds of which is Adams arguing and of which there are no discernable words that can be heard, is all inclusive of the incident? It's laughable.

And thirdly, it wasn't just the media description of the "wild scene" which you cherry picked out of my statement. I stated that I was making an assumption based on the fact that three people, including two security agents, felt that it was serious enough for them to intervene, that it must have been pretty bad.

If all Adams did was to tell them to F-off or something like that, then I'm good with no discipline being issued so long as Adams mans up and apologizes to them. But if he threatened or intimidated them, he should be fined.

They didn’t fine him nor should they. Fining a brain injured person for behavior consistent with a brain injury is madness. People have literally got away with murder for not being in the right mind.

NFL should ensure they have appropriate security in these situations. That is the answer. Don’t expect the player to be emotionally in control. His brain is damaged.

RiverDog

Reaction score
They didn’t fine him nor should they. Fining a brain injured person for behavior consistent with a brain injury is madness. People have literally got away with murder for not being in the right mind.

NFL should ensure they have appropriate security in these situations. That is the answer. Don’t expect the player to be emotionally in control. His brain is damaged.
Based on that, you've literally given players a license to kill if they're given a diagnosis that they don't like. There has to be some sort of repercussions for that kind of behavior.

And as far as appropriate security goes, if they can't be trusted because they're not in control of themselves, maybe they should be handcuffing them before they enter the tent. How else are you going to protect the doctor? Suppose that was a 350 lb defensive tackle that was concussed? How many security agents are you going to be able to fit in that tent to control him?

Last edited:

pmedic920

Reaction score
It's not like he took a swing at the man. He was emotionally charged, having spent a year trying to rehab from serious injury. He had all of what, 9 snaps before being taken out. The doctor made the right call, Adams was understandably upset. While I wish he didn't yell at him, I understand it, and I bet the doctor does too.

The league made the right call by not fining him.
Fire Pete.

:{)