Jamal Adams needs to be released

Mizak

Reaction score
Seriously? He should be released for posting his feelings on the appearance of another player's wife? You can make the point that it was a low blow. But cmon... fines? being cut? 10x worse than this goes on between the hashes in-game every sunday. At its worst, its a dumb, lockerroom (yo-momma) response.
Explain his actions going after the 2nd concussion doctor who treated Bobo.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What if Adams was playing like an all-pro? Do you still want him off the team?

Nope, cause it still means paying him a ridiculous cap hit next year for him to probably miss half the season or more.

I've been done with the Jamal Adams nonsense for years, if you can't tell. Worst trade in Hawk's history. Not even close.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They traded a 2nd round pick AND Kearse for Sheldon Richardson. That was right up there with the worst trades in history. He did nothing.
The Seahawks traded TONY DORSETT. Harvin trade was brutal.
Max Unger AND a 1st rounder for Jimmy Graham? Ouch

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
They traded a 2nd round pick AND Kearse for Sheldon Richardson. That was right up there with the worst trades in history. He did nothing.
The Seahawks traded TONY DORSETT. Harvin trade was brutal.
Max Unger AND a 1st rounder for Jimmy Graham? Ouch

None of these comes close to either the draft capital given up or the cap hell that the entire roster and ability to improve the defense has suffered with the Adams fiasco.

Now he's just running around playing terrible getting into fights with sideline refs and insulting reporter's wives online. Dude's a punk, and honestly it's not hard to see why this reporter, and every other reporters sniffed out his jackassery years ago in NY.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Nope, cause it still means paying him a ridiculous cap hit next year for him to probably miss half the season or more.

I've been done with the Jamal Adams nonsense for years, if you can't tell. Worst trade in Hawk's history. Not even close.

I feel the same way. This latest social Media comment by him does not change my mind about whether I want him on the team. Hence why it's meaningless to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. They were all crap trades. But this team has done a LOT of really good things over the years thru trades, FA and the draft.
He'll be gone after June 1st. Then we can stop hearing about him 24/7 365. They made a trade; it didn't work out. Will this be something that gets dwelled on the next 10 years? I suspect it will. And for the record, I want him gone.

keasley45

Reaction score
Explain his actions going after the 2nd concussion doctor who treated Bobo.
This thread isnt about that.

And

Jamal is a football player who was in a verbal dispute with another person. I dont know what was said, what insults thrown back and forth. Just because the guy he was in a spat with was a neurosurgeon doesnt mean he's not a prick. And thats not to say he is. But doctors have been known to be condescending. I experienced it myself when my dad had his hand almost cleft in half to the wrist in an accident. While at the hospital, the 'expert' dr prepping him for surgery had planned to allow a janitor to provide a grimey metal cutter to cut the heavy metal ring my dad wore from his finger so they could start. I objected on the grounds the tool was dirty and could contaminate his would. The doctor scoffed and made a snide remark asking me how much medical experience i had before trying to dismiss me from the room (in that moment, i had to be restrained from getting in the guys personal space to tell him about himself) . Thankfully the lead surgeon came in, apologized to me and my mother for having to be insulted, and removed the doctor from the room. He also found the proper tool to remove my dad's ring. Afterwards he apologized again and admitted the doctor was out of line and had been reprimanded for both the insult and literally allow a janitor to come into the prep room and within 12" of my dad's laid open hand.

I was at about a 9 out of 10 in terms of anger, and i'm not a football player who makes his living on the brink of emotional state that allows me to live in a space where i'm literally inflicting bodily harm on my opponent for 3 hours every sunday and getting paid for it.

He didnt kill anyone. He didnt assult anyone. He insulted a guy's wife.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, just give it up. He's the new Satan. First it was Russ, then it was DK, now it's Adams. It'll be someone else next year.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Adams response was below the belt, but frankly, it's on the reporter or the wife for having their pictures public. Get some thick skin, Jamal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. They were all crap trades. But this team has done a LOT of really good things over the years thru trades, FA and the draft.
He'll be gone after June 1st. Then we can stop hearing about him 24/7 365. They made a trade; it didn't work out. Will this be something that gets dwelled on the next 10 years? I suspect it will. And for the record, I want him gone.

Not sure how you equate my opinions on Adams to "we did a lot of good trades."

I was actually excited about the Adam's trade when it went down. We had a very soft defense that I thought adding a physical safety like Adams would greatly improve.

My confusion is you and others still defending the idiot who gave us maybe one good season before being an injury prone broken liability, on and off the field.

RiverDog

Reaction score
What if Adams was playing like an all-pro? Do you still want him off the team?
It's a hypothetical question. The fact is that Adams isn't playing anywhere close to an All Pro level. If he were, he wouldn't feel so guilty and defensive about his play, the reporter wouldn't have had anything credible to give him crap about, and Adams wouldn't have been so thin skinned that he wouldn't have lashed out at such a silly, one word tweet.

The problem would never have surfaced if he were playing like an All Pro.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's a hypothetical question. The fact is that Adams isn't playing anywhere close to an All Pro level. If he were, he wouldn't feel so guilty and defensive about his play, the reporter wouldn't have had anything credible to give him crap about, and Adams wouldn't have been so thin skinned that he wouldn't have lashed out at such a silly, one word tweet.

He was beefing with NY reporters when he was arguably the best safety in the league.

Adam's is like Sherman, a sensitive thin skinned immature brat who can't let even the slightest criticism go un-responded to.

So honestly, I don't think his play has anything to do with this latest nonsense. Maybe there's some latent frustration, but again he was always like this, especially with this reporter.

I guess this stuff fuels these dudes, but it's lame.

keasley45

Reaction score

Agree. I don't get the calls for his release, but I do think it was a dumb response, likely fueled by his own misfortune and the frustration at having gone to a team that, in addition to being one he became perpetually injured on , never found the secret sauce to a defense that was supposed to return to dominance. Check that. The TEAM never found the sauce. Instead, it was revealed that the culture that was supposed to be about accountability, wasn't. The qb who was billed as MVP quality, wasn't. And the championship mystique that was supposed to surround the team and elevate it, didn't.

I'd be perpetually pissed too. Seattle has been a curse for the dude as much as he has been for the team. Money aside, at least Seattle got a solid season from the guy that saw him in the pro-bowl. What did he get, besides bamboozled?

As loud as some of the calls are for his release, I'd wager Jamal wouldn't be upset if he was allowed to continue elsewhere.

I think Diggs is in the same boat, honestly. Dude seems like he just doesn't care anymore.

RiverDog

Reaction score
He was beefing with NY reporters when he was arguably the best safety in the league.

Adam's is like Sherman, a sensitive thin skinned immature brat who can't let even the slightest criticism go un-responded to.

So honestly, I don't think his play has anything to do with this latest nonsense. Maybe there's some latent frustration, but again he was always like this, especially with this reporter.

I guess this stuff fuels these dudes, but it's lame.
Yeah, maybe. Neither of us know for sure. I'm just thinking how I would feel if I were taking so much money and giving back so little in return. Plus, if someone had given me crap after I had just given up a game winning TD, he might end up with a knuckle sandwich. But I'd like to think that I wouldn't have been so classless as to go after someone's wife.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree. I don't get the calls for his release, but I do think it was a dumb response, likely fueled by his own misfortune and the frustration at having gone to a team that, in addition to being one he became perpetually injured on , never found the secret sauce to a defense that was supposed to return to dominance. Check that. The TEAM never found the sauce. Instead, it was revealed that the culture that was supposed to be about accountability, wasn't. The qb who was billed as MVP quality, wasn't. And the championship mystique that was supposed to surround the team and elevate it, didn't.

I'd be perpetually pissed too. Seattle has been a curse for the dude as much as he has been for the team. Money aside, at least Seattle got a solid season from the guy that saw him in the pro-bowl. What did he get, besides bamboozled?

As loud as some of the calls are for his release, I'd wager Jamal wouldn't be upset if he was allowed to continue elsewhere.

I think Diggs is in the same boat, honestly. Dude seems like he just doesn't care anymore.
Good point on Diggs. Perfect example of a guy who got his money and doesn't look like he even cares. He absolutely DOES care, but he is just plain bad.

RiverDog

Reaction score

Speaking for myself, I wanted him released last year, and not just because of his injuries. He's a one trick pony, a liability in coverage. We're a worse defense with him than we are without. Take a look at our overall defense in 2021, the last year he was healthy for most of the year, and in 2022, when he missed nearly the entire season.

This latest incident, including the two concussion dr's he berated, isn't the main reason why I want him gone.

keasley45

Reaction score
Good point on Diggs. Perfect example of a guy who got his money and doesn't look like he even cares. He absolutely DOES care, but he is just plain bad.

I think it's the money AND that he's tired of watching the crap show in front of him play out every week. It has to get demoralizing knowing no matter what you do, the other team can avoid you completely and just pick up 3rd downs at will.

But yeah, he got paid too... makes getting burned and embarrassed tolerable when you leave the stadium, win lose or draw in your Bentley and pull up to your 1.8 milly mansion.

Latest posts