Jamal Adams needs to be released

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They traded a 2nd round pick AND Kearse for Sheldon Richardson. That was right up there with the worst trades in history. He did nothing.
The Seahawks traded TONY DORSETT. Harvin trade was brutal.
Max Unger AND a 1st rounder for Jimmy Graham? Ouch

Let's not forget trading Ahmad Rashad for a 4th rounder (Larry Seivers).

Sorry, just had to slip that one in there.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Numerous picks including a first for Kelly Stouffer,,,,,,,ouch.

The Harvin debacle,,,,,ouch.

We could go on and on. Lol.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That's true. Makes me wonder, like so many of our guys that have fallen off a cliff (Woolen) is it... Coaching??

Pretty sure it's the 85 serious injuries with Adams, not coaching.

Are Pete and his defensive coaches doing a good enough job of developing their young talent? That's certainly up for debate, but not in Adam's case. Dude's just broken, and honestly the fact that he's still upright and whiffing on defending TE touchdown routes is a shocker to me.

jman316

Reaction score
It's all hit and miss, right? We could play this game for any team... in any sport!

Portland passed on Jordan, Hornets traded Divac for Kobe, we drafted McGwire instead of Farve, Oilers trading Gretzky for picks, Hershel Walker to the Vikings, etc., etc.

Heck, we fleeced the Bears by trading Rick Mirer and got the better end of the Galloway trade.

Hindsight is 20/20

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Bears traded UP to get Mitch Tribisky. Yeah, they passed on some guy named Mahomes. OUCH

The Saints traded their entire draft to get Ricky Williams. Plus 2 of their top 3 picks the next year. He played 3 seasons in New Orleans. Ouch

Last edited:

Optimus25

Reaction score
It's not just in here that Adams is getting flamed for his "yikes" remark. Here's what Sports Illustrated, not exactly a social media outlet, said about Adams:

What Adams did later in responding to a reporter's social media post making note of Ferguson having scored against the overmatched Adams - "Yikes'' wrote New York media member Connor Hughes - is so out of bounds as to be cowardly.

And here's the headline in Field Gulls:

Jamal Adams insults Jets reporter’s wife in classless, pathetic social media post

So go ahead and keep telling yourself it's a nothing burger. You're in a distinct minority.
It’s the homer syndrome. Our guys can probably rob a liquor store and still sell jerseys around here.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It’s the homer syndrome. Our guys can probably rob a liquor store and still sell jerseys around here.
Yet people in here rip into Russell Wilson as if he were the Devil himself.
The Bears traded UP to get Mitch Tribisky. Yeah, they passed on some guy named Mahomes. OUCH

The Saints traded their entire draft to get Ricky Williams. Plus 2 of their top 3 picks the next year. He played 3 seasons in New Orleans. Ouch
And the Broncos traded up to draft Tim Tebow, the Browns traded up to draft Johnny Football, et al.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
I could post quotes from dozens of insanely rude, pathetic attacks on women, family and other honored people made by a person with the ultimate platform who is admired and grossly worshipped by a large percentage of Americans. And yet “yikes” has your panties in a bunch…lulz
TDS MUCH

NoGain

Reaction score
There's no room anymore for Adams on our team next year, for a few different reasons. But Pete has a way of hanging on too long. But even with that, I can't see them bringing him back.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I would like to dig up the thread after Adams berated a concussion doctor who was just trying to do his job where a number of posters defended Adams by using a BS excuse, that it was the concussion caused him to react the way he did.

So what do y'all say now? What excuse can you come up for this latest incident? Outside of removing the post, which is essentially an admission of guilt, Adams didn't express even the slightest remorse.
Uhmmm, he has never recovered from effects of that concussion?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Uhmmm, he has never recovered from effects of that concussion?
So you think that had Adams had a concussion that was so severe as to have caused a major personality change, that it went undetected by some of the top experts in the field, and the doctors prematurely let him out of out of concussion protocol? Is that the best you can come up with?

I think you'd have better luck trotting out the dog ate my homework as an excuse.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
That's true. Makes me wonder, like so many of our guys that have fallen off a cliff (Woolen) is it... Coaching??
We have to keep in mind what our defense, particularly our pass rush, was like when the Adams trade was made.

In 2020, our pass rush was so bad that it was on pace to be the worst in the history of the NFL since they started keeping records on things like QB sacks. It was that vacuum which Adams walked into and thrived in his first season. And like a lot of people, I was thrilled by the trade. We finished the regular season as division champs with a 12-4 record, including winning 6 of our last 7, and Adams was a big part of that success.

But in Adams' second season, in 2021, teams started to account for him. Anytime Adams threatened to blitz, QB's would make a simple adjustment by putting a RB or TE on him then burn us on a subsequent completed pass. Adams's production fell off a cliff, our defense ended the season ranked 28th overall, 31st against the pass, and we finished 7-10, missing the playoffs. That's when I got off the Adams bandwagon.

But Pete reacted to that season by signing Adams to a market setting contract, the richest contract ever offered to a safety. Then, of course, came 2022 and Adams season ending injury in the first game.

I honestly think that one of the reasons why Pete has hung onto Adams this long is nothing but pure ego. He can't admit to himself that he made a bad trade, cut bait and move on. Instead, he keeps throwing good money after bad, as they say in the gambling industry chasing his losses.

olyfan63

Reaction score
He was beefing with NY reporters when he was arguably the best safety in the league.

Adam's is like Sherman, a sensitive thin skinned immature brat who can't let even the slightest criticism go un-responded to.

So honestly, I don't think his play has anything to do with this latest nonsense. Maybe there's some latent frustration, but again he was always like this, especially with this reporter.

I guess this stuff fuels these dudes, but it's lame.
Sherman is way smarter and more calculating. For sure, Sherman has some anger management issues, witness his DV conflicts issues in his personal life. However, Sherman has a way of using hyperbole and controversy to get attention, good or bad, and sometimes the "bad" attention winds up serving him in the end. Plus, Sherman had the game to back up his mouth.

Kind of like the "bad boy" metal bands of the 70's, where conservative newspapers in each city of their tour would rail against them, and the band's response was, "We don't care what you write about us, as long as you spell the name right, and print a picture."

olyfan63

Reaction score
So you think that had Adams had a concussion that was so severe as to have caused a major personality change, that it went undetected by some of the top experts in the field, and the doctors prematurely let him out of out of concussion protocol? Is that the best you can come up with?

I think you'd have better luck trotting out the dog ate my homework as an excuse.
YES, I have seen precisely this effect in my personal life with a friend. A gal I knew left her husband for a doctor at a clinic she worked at, and made the mistake of coming back to the house alone, to get some of her things. He had a toddler rage moment and beat her unconscious with a baseball bat, maybe 50 hits, head injuries, concussion, injuries to wrists, ankles. She was incapacitated for 18 months, so he got custody of their two elementary age kids. She had to learn to walk and talk again. Let's just say that after her eventual recovery, she was a little less... reserved? A little less inhibited than before? (FYI this incident was in Pierce County)

There are plenty of football players who have had personality changes, CTE, become violent, aggressive, after a series of head injuries. So I don't really think it's a stretch to suggest that Adams have have taken one, or one dozen, too many hits to the head, to the extent of affecting his level of social restraint, etc. It also appears ongoing mini-concussions could be affecting his on-field judgment and play, i.e., not able to process the game at the level and speed he could a few big hits to the head ago.

Junior Seau and Dave Duerson come to mind, both NFL all-pros, who committed suicide by shot to the chest, in Duerson's case, leaving a note asking for his brain to be donated for research. In Seau's case, I recall him being a dominant beast on the field every time I ever saw him, twice a year with the old AFC West Seahawks vs Chargers, so I don't think his play fell off much by his retirement. However, football-related head injuries can impact different parts of the brain and have different effects from one player to the next.

Fanatics

Reaction score
It is sad that a bunch of you get stuck on a bad trade. If you have never made a mistake, you are not trying and probably not progressing in life. It happens.

If anything we should be upset that this FO has not corrected the mistake yet. Our rivals traded their blunder within 2 years.

RiverDog

Reaction score
YES, I have seen precisely this effect in my personal life with a friend. A gal I knew left her husband for a doctor at a clinic she worked at, and made the mistake of coming back to the house alone, to get some of her things. He had a toddler rage moment and beat her unconscious with a baseball bat, maybe 50 hits, head injuries, concussion, injuries to wrists, ankles. She was incapacitated for 18 months, so he got custody of their two elementary age kids. She had to learn to walk and talk again. Let's just say that after her eventual recovery, she was a little less... reserved? A little less inhibited than before? (FYI this incident was in Pierce County)

There are plenty of football players who have had personality changes, CTE, become violent, aggressive, after a series of head injuries. So I don't really think it's a stretch to suggest that Adams have have taken one, or one dozen, too many hits to the head, to the extent of affecting his level of social restraint, etc. It also appears ongoing mini-concussions could be affecting his on-field judgment and play, i.e., not able to process the game at the level and speed he could a few big hits to the head ago.

Junior Seau and Dave Duerson come to mind, both NFL all-pros, who committed suicide by shot to the chest, in Duerson's case, leaving a note asking for his brain to be donated for research. In Seau's case, I recall him being a dominant beast on the field every time I ever saw him, twice a year with the old AFC West Seahawks vs Chargers, so I don't think his play fell off much by his retirement. However, football-related head injuries can impact different parts of the brain and have different effects from one player to the next.
So your friend's husband was evaluated by a concussion expert and given a clean bill of health before he attacked your friend with a baseball bat? If that's not the case, then the two situations aren't comparable.

Seau and Duerson came long before the emphasis on concussions evolved, 20-30 years ago, and were subjected to multiple head injuries over a period of years. They, too, are not comparable to the situation with Adams.

I don't mean to be insensitive to the issue. I understand how CTE can affect a person's behavior. I just don't think it can be used in this specific situation with Jamal Adams to excuse his behavior. As others have pointed out, he's always had this tendency to fight with the media, so you know that he has a predisposition to this kind of thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts