Jamals quad isn’t right a year later. Could miss tc

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I hated the Percy Harvin trade as well and guess what he was forcing his way off the Vikings just like Adams was. Maybe just maybe we shouldn't target guys in trade who are malcontents were they are at and all about getting their bag.
Perhaps spending firsts on such situations is not a great idea. Please reassess trading significant value for guys forcing their way out of other teams. They reassessed who they target in drafts I am hopeful they will do the same thing for trades.

I like that John and Pete get risky once in a while for a difference making player, of which both Harvin and Adams were at the time of the trade.

The part that I didn't like is the extensions, especially in Adam's case. He already suffered a serious injury, which should have been more than enough of a red flag to pump the brakes on any extension. Even if that meant letting him walk, or franchise him for a year to make sure he got healthy, and stayed healthy.

Which of course he didn't. THAT was the fatal flaw with this entire dumpster fire. Not the trade, the extension.

knownone

Reaction score
From John's comments, it seems like they are just being cautious. I don't see any reason to panic or project just yet.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Can we just give the Broncos back their 3rd round pick for JL Skinner? Please and thank you
They probably wouldn't have to trade anything for him, I'm not sure Broncos will have enough room for him on their 53 man team so they'll probably try to stash him on their practice squad and that's when Pete should strike.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I like that John and Pete get risky once in a while for a difference making player, of which both Harvin and Adams were at the time of the trade.

The part that I didn't like is the extensions, especially in Adam's case. He already suffered a serious injury, which should have been more than enough of a red flag to pump the brakes on any extension. Even if that meant letting him walk, or franchise him for a year to make sure he got healthy, and stayed healthy.

Which of course he didn't. THAT was the fatal flaw with this entire dumpster fire. Not the trade, the extension.
There is no way Adams would have accepted being tagged though. Trading for a guy forcing his way off a team because he wants his bag PUTS YOU IN THAT POSITION!
Its a bad idea to put such significant capital into such a situation. Adams wasn't going to accept anything other than a top tier multi year extension. They had to have known this going in. I hated both these trades when they happened for these reasons.
The fact they traded for him before working out an extension put them over a barrel from the start. It was just a bad idea all together.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
There is no way Adams would accept being tagged though. Trading for a guy forcing his way off a team because he wants his bag PUTS YOU IN THAT POSITION!
Its a bad idea to put such significant capital into such a situation. Adams wasn't going to accept anything other than a top tier multi year extension. They had to have known this going in. I hated both these trades when they happened for these reasons.
The fact they traded for him before working out an extension put them over a barrel from the start. It was just a bad idea all together.

Players don't have to accept being tagged. Even better, don't show up to camp and miss paychecks.

We were pot committed on a bad trade, and decided to make it worse with nothing but hope to count on.

Mick063

Reaction score
Percy contributed to a Super Bowl championship team. Adams has been a glass man without a playoffs start win his entire tenure. Nate is correct.
Didn't Percy return a second half kickoff for a score in the Super Bowl? I can't remember off hand. If so then why does Desmond Howard get so much love for basically having the same level of career highlight?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The Jamal Adams trade never made sense. We got taken, the fact that we traded as much as we did for a safety was preposterous. A safety, mind you that did not fit into our system. If Carroll/Schneider didn't have a championship pedigree, a move like that may have gotten some GM's around the NFL fired. There seemed to be a lack of coherent plan here with him as well. Definitely one of the biggest question marks of the Schneider/Carroll era given his lack of scheme fit.

We also paid a franchise QB price tag for the dude in terms of draft picks. Baffling trade from day one.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Minor points maybe, but it hasn't been a year later and we knew from the start that this was a serious injury. Only half of NFL players who completely tear their quads play in future NFL games. Pete's updates have been cautious from the beginning and this is just more of the same.

It was a terrible trade, but I forsee about 20 more of these threads over the next few months where people complain about Jamal not being back yet or missing certain milestones. You should consider Adams and Mone as on the injured reserve, and if either does come back to contribute then that will be a pleasant surprise.

James in PA

Reaction score
Even if he gets back on the field, he won't remain there long at all. The way he throws his body around on every play is a recipe for disaster.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Didn't Percy return a second half kickoff for a score in the Super Bowl? I can't remember off hand. If so then why does Desmond Howard get so much love for basically having the same level of career highlight?
Harvin's contributions to our Lombardi season was about the same as the clubhouse manager. He only played in a couple of regular season games, making very minor contributions, and no playoff games until the SB. He did have a couple of nice jet sweeps in the first quarter of the SB and the 2nd half kickoff return took the game from about a 90% chance of winning to around 95%. But the game was so one sided that we could have won it without any one player, whether that be Russell, Kam, Beast, or whoever.

But the biggest problem with Harvin is that he was a head case, and nearly tore the team apart, getting into a fight with Golden Tate, being insubordinate to the coaches, etc. He had split the locker room. On the day he was traded, Beast almost didn't get on the bus to the airport for our next road game. Horrible trade. Whether or not it was worse than the Adams trade is debatable, but Adams is nowhere near the type of A-hole that Harvin was.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Harvin's contributions to our Lombardi season was about the same as the clubhouse manager. He only played in a couple of regular season games, making very minor contributions, and no playoff games until the SB. He did have a couple of nice jet sweeps in the first quarter of the SB and the 2nd half kickoff return took the game from about a 90% chance of winning to around 95%. But the game was so one sided that we could have won it without any one player, whether that be Russell, Kam, Beast, or whoever.

But the biggest problem with Harvin is that he was a head case, and nearly tore the team apart, getting into a fight with Golden Tate, being insubordinate to the coaches, etc. He had split the locker room. On the day he was traded, Beast almost didn't get on the bus to the airport for our next road game. Horrible trade. Whether or not it was worse than the Adams trade is debatable, but Adams is nowhere near the type of A-hole that Harvin was.
the funny thing is, Golden Tate ended up being everything we wanted Harvin to be. He made a career out of turning short throws into huge YAC gains in Detroit and doing gadgety things like jet sweeps.

RiverDog

Reaction score
the funny thing is, Golden Tate ended up being everything we wanted Harvin to be. He made a career out of turning short throws into huge YAC gains in Detroit and doing gadgety things like jet sweeps.
Agreed. Plus, he wasn't a bad punt returner, either, arguably winning a game for us vs. the Bucs in that Lombardi season with a long punt return.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I saw the Adams trade as desperate attempt for a second SB. They could see the window on RW3 closing and gave up on the future in the hope of boosting the defence enough to compete at the highest level. If was a great trade for the Jets they got a huge amout of draft capital for a player they would have to pay top dollar for a year later.

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
Worst trade in franchise history, doubling down and giving him loads of cash is even worse. Please don't give up QB trade capitol for a free safety forcing his way out of his old team for money ever again J.S. Pete.
You guys have clearly learned from past failures in the draft and changed your approach (rightfully). Please do the same with acquiring guys through trade.
Good news is that we are nearly set up to not expect or count on anything from Jamal Adams. Maybe we are ready to finally move on next year. It would be nice to get into the playoffs and have him healthy enough to contribute, not throw off chemistry, and deliver what he brings to the table. Hoping he is our Percy Harvin 2.0 This is about the only way he can redeem things in my eyes. I was pumped at first, but seems like a total bust right now.

Mick063

Reaction score
There is the sixth-round pick, Jerrick Reed, that no one is talking about. Talk about a subtle hint that would even make Captain Obvious raise his eyebrow. It isn't just about getting younger and cheaper. It is about which positions where you are getting younger and cheaper.

chrispy

Reaction score
I hope he's Percy Harvin 2.0

...and that he scores in the Superbowl even if it's his last game as a Seahawk.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Stuff happens. I'm sure it's not his fault. Definitely unfortunate, but best not to dwell on it and move on.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Harvin was a headcase and often "injured" himself. Seattle didn't necessarily need his SB touchdown.
So they win 36-8 .

Seattle needs to ask themselves the question: why does a team seem willing to part with a player?

Latest posts