JJ Watt in the NFC West. Signs w/ Arizona.

kf3339

Reaction score
RedAlice":20qo0ycl said:
kf3339":20qo0ycl said:
SoulfishHawk":20qo0ycl said:
He has played in 32 of the last 64 possible games. Hell of a player, but putting this kind of $ and guarantees in a guy who plays half the time? No thx.....
Last year, people were claiming the Hawks go 2-4 in the division. Nope, they went 4-2. Talk doesn't equal facts.

Exactly my point. Thank you.

Let’s look at facts.

Saying he’s played 32 of the last 64 possible games isn’t looking at LAST SEASON.

That’s like saying: who woulda run the ball if we didn’t pass? Don’t be stupid here, SOULHAWK.

JJ PLAYED ALL SNAPS LAST SEASON AND DID NOT MISS A GAME.

16 games started....
97.1% snaps played (1013 total snaps)
36 solo + 16 assists = 52 total tackles,
2FF, 1 interception

Ok, the facts are that the Cards are far more than just one aging DE with a known injury history away from making the SB in the next two years. He was a great player, but time and injuries have taken their toll. My point still is that Watt clearly stated he wanted to make and win a SB. If that is truly the case, then this wasn't the right move for him.

No, this is about money. No harm in that but doesn't help him accomplish his goal at all. But we will see........

RedAlice

Reaction score
jmahon316":2n4mb1ky said:
RedAlice, I hope the Rams go to the Superbowl just to lose after scoring only 3 points and earn a bottom tier draft pick which happens to be a free safety in the 2nd round which was their first pick of the season (a free safety who only has his best games against the Cardinals) because they made a horrible mistake for their QB who they recently traded away after realizing how much he sucked. Wait, did this already happen? At least you guys got Aaron Donald which is the crowned star of your team.

Rams will get wrecked by the Hawks this year. Willing to put $200 to the forum on it.

Who do you think felt worse?

On our day.

My team having a chance heading into Q4?

Or, your team having the game WON and throwing instead of passing?

Skip me with your GD Insults.

ETA: I don’t bet idiots.

I suppose you did accomplish enough of my attention to respond to you. :irishdrinkers:

Jville

Reaction score
Creative contract details for navigating thru the cap challenges of 2021 :biggthumpup:
So, cutting through all the fluff, at the end of the day Watt will carry the following cap hits for Arizona in the coming years:

2021: $4.9M
2022: $15.9M
2023: $7.2M (all dead money, as Watt’s contract will void after the 2022 season)
J.J. Watt to carry $4.9M cap hit in 2021 for Cardinals >>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/3/6/22316894/jj-watt-carry-4-9m-cap-hit-2021-arizona-cardinals-void-years-joel-corry-free-agents-tv-deals-2021[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wow. Excellent structure for the Cardinals. High potential type of signing, I like it for both parties.

Don't really see it as something to worry about, but good on them.

Jville

Reaction score
It may seem unrelated. But, I can't help but speculate that the terms of JJ Watts new contract with the Cardinals may point to favorable possibilities for both Carlos Dunlap and the Seahawks in 2021.

2021 is a disruptive cap year. Contract creativity is the accommodating ticket.

Fade

Reaction score
Jville":2ioysod2 said:
Creative contract details for navigating thru the cap challenges of 2021 :biggthumpup:
So, cutting through all the fluff, at the end of the day Watt will carry the following cap hits for Arizona in the coming years:

2021: $4.9M
2022: $15.9M
2023: $7.2M (all dead money, as Watt’s contract will void after the 2022 season)
J.J. Watt to carry $4.9M cap hit in 2021 for Cardinals >>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/3/6/22316894/jj-watt-carry-4-9m-cap-hit-2021-arizona-cardinals-void-years-joel-corry-free-agents-tv-deals-2021[/urltargetblank]

The salary cap is a joke.

jmahon316

Reaction score
RedAlice":3joilyhn said:
jmahon316":3joilyhn said:
RedAlice, I hope the Rams go to the Superbowl just to lose after scoring only 3 points and earn a bottom tier draft pick which happens to be a free safety in the 2nd round which was their first pick of the season (a free safety who only has his best games against the Cardinals) because they made a horrible mistake for their QB who they recently traded away after realizing how much he sucked. Wait, did this already happen? At least you guys got Aaron Donald which is the crowned star of your team.

Rams will get wrecked by the Hawks this year. Willing to put $200 to the forum on it.

On our day.

I suppose you did accomplish enough of my attention to respond to you. :irishdrinkers:

Careful, “They say that God watches out for children, drunks and fools. Simply put, this means I stand a two-thirds better chance for divine intervention in my life than most other people."

>:)

Who do I think felt worse, honestly? A Seahawks fan feeling a dynasty in the works with a 2nd and goal in the 4th qtr on the 1 yard line with :26 seconds left with Lynch in the backfield. You don't know heartbreak until you've been that close to an actual dynasty in your lifetime of watching. It was as close as a flea's asshole. (If you watch, throwing was the right choice, but not to Lockette. Lynch was open in the North with green grass in front of him. Would've been an EASY THROW touchdown. But I digress.)

vs. a team that choked harder in the WHOLE 4th qtr than an intern in the Oval office back in 1996...Speaking of which, were you even born when the 49ers won their last superbowl?

Come at me bro?

On topic: JJ Watt will be good on the Cards, but he won't be the difference that makes them a playoff team. It'll be Rams/Seahawks for the NFC West Crown next year. Sorry 49ers, you had your chance but

[youtube]KBltMTAD4eM[/youtube]

But please, tell me how you're more relevant than the Seahawks in this century.

RedAlice

Reaction score
jmahon316":9rr41s59 said:
RedAlice":9rr41s59 said:
jmahon316":9rr41s59 said:

On our day.

Careful, “They say that God watches out for children, drunks and fools. Simply put, this means I stand a two-thirds better chance for divine intervention in my life than most other people."

Who do I think felt worse, honestly? A Seahawks fan feeling a dynasty in the works with a 2nd and goal in the 4th qtr on the 1 yard line with :26 seconds left with Lynch in the backfield. You don't know heartbreak until you've been that close to an actual dynasty in your lifetime of watching. It was as close as a flea's @$$h0le. (If you watch, throwing was the right choice, but not to Lockette. Lynch was open in the North with green grass in front of him. Would've been an EASY THROW touchdown. But I digress.)

vs. a team that choked harder in the WHOLE 4th qtr than an intern in the Oval office back in 1996...Speaking of which, were you even born when the 49ers won their last superbowl?

Come at me bro?

On topic: JJ Watt will be good on the Cards, but he won't be the difference that makes them a playoff team. It'll be Rams/Seahawks for the NFC West Crown next year. Sorry 49ers, you had your chance but

Bwhahahahahahahahaha

Feel better now?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Not even sure who, as a REAL FAN OF THEIR TEAM thinks this is even a question, option, or even glimpse of reality:

I loved the Rams in their 1 win, 2 win, 1 win seasons, etc....AS MUCH AS I LOVE THEM CONSTANTLY

the Seahawks figure zero into my obsessive Rams love.

The team who has been most relevant to me this century: RAMS

jmahon316

Reaction score
RedAlice":3gqoj5ia said:
jmahon316":3gqoj5ia said:
RedAlice":3gqoj5ia said:
jmahon316":3gqoj5ia said:

On our day.

Who do I think felt worse, honestly? A Seahawks fan feeling a dynasty in the works with a 2nd and goal in the 4th qtr on the 1 yard line with :26 seconds left with Lynch in the backfield. You don't know heartbreak until you've been that close to an actual dynasty in your lifetime of watching. It was as close as a flea's @$$h0le. (If you watch, throwing was the right choice, but not to Lockette. Lynch was open in the North with green grass in front of him. Would've been an EASY THROW touchdown. But I digress.)

Come at me bro?

Bwhahahahahahahahaha

Feel better now?

Yes :) Sorry for targeting you. I don't know much about you at all...I only come here when drunk nowadays and you were in front of me.

Latest posts