John Schneider is hurting our team.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
As much as I love the passion of our fanbase unfortunately way too many go from extreme high to jumping to extreme low at the snap of a finger. There are sooooo many great prospects on the board that we didn't even think would be there at 26 yet still there. We did the right thing in value, expect a couple trade ups tomorrow to get true targets/needs. How can anyone criticize Schneider/Pete on what they have done??? We had a "disappointing" year where lost in the divisional round.... are you kidding me??? Teams wish they had our "struggles". I'm an Iowa born and raised Seahawk fan since I was 9 (1989, Griffey sold me on Seattle so I adopted the Seahawks even though I barely got to watch a game... but also was my sneaky good tecmo/super tecmo selection every time even though friends always wondered why)... do some even realize how far this franchise has come????

randomation

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1da6e3iq said:
randomation":1da6e3iq said:
Sports Hernia":1da6e3iq said:
This thread reminds me why I hate fantasy football and Madden.
Some severely overvalue and overrate their own evaluation and scouting skills.

Some of us just want Russ to live getting the best pass blocker in the draft would have helped with that.
I understand that. But this is a weak O-line draft. The BEST in THIS draft may turn out to be bums, at least @ 26, and or there is an O-lineman or 2 they like @ 34. The draft isnt over yet.

There are exactly 3 linemen who are worth picking who will start on day one, 2 of them are now gone and the packers are likely to take the third. I think Robinson is going to be a complete bust his side to side movement is slow and his measurables aren't great. I think he will be absolute trash as a tackle.

Rob12

Reaction score
Posts like this... Man.

The Seahawks will make six picks in rounds 2-3... So many intriguing talents remain. I'll say that again - SIX picks in rounds 2-3. Let that sink in.

I loved how today went. Yeah, it kind of sucks to sit through 3+ hours and not see your team pick, but there's so many good players left and the Hawks stockpiled early round picks. What is not to like there?

Rob12

Reaction score
kobebryant":2mygdbyv said:
It certainly would have been preferable if they would have stayed put at 26 and selected someone like Forrest Lamp, Kevin King, Budda Baker, Chidobe Awuzie, Cam Robinson, Quincy Wilson, Cordrea Tankersley, Tyus Bowser, Tim Williams, Jordan Willis, Malik McDowell, Jourdan Lewis or Obi Melifonwu.

Nice.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3r1s74if said:
stang233":3r1s74if said:
Foster was the best pick of the draft. From the surface looks like a bad move by JS. He obviously didn't like him.

Was projected top 10... fell to 31

And where exactly was he going to play? He wasn't going to unseat Bobby or KJ, so picking Foster would have been bad value seeing as we run a lot of nickel packages.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
randomation":xasubsvv said:
Sports Hernia":xasubsvv said:
randomation":xasubsvv said:
Sports Hernia":xasubsvv said:

Some of us just want Russ to live getting the best pass blocker in the draft would have helped with that.
I understand that. But this is a weak O-line draft. The BEST in THIS draft may turn out to be bums, at least @ 26, and or there is an O-lineman or 2 they like @ 34. The draft isnt over yet.

There are exactly 3 linemen who are worth picking who will start on day one, 2 of them are now gone and the packers are likely to take the third. I think Robinson is going to be a complete bust his side to side movement is slow and his measurables aren't great. I think he will be absolute trash as a tackle.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree then. I'll reserve my right to complain once the draft is over.
You may be 100% correct on your assesment, and then you can come back and say "told ya so" if you so choose.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jlwaters1":14s8g4b5 said:
Uncle Si":14s8g4b5 said:
stang233":14s8g4b5 said:
Foster was the best pick of the draft. From the surface looks like a bad move by JS. He obviously didn't like him.

Was projected top 10... fell to 31

And where exactly was he going to play? He wasn't going to unseat Bobby or KJ, so picking Foster would have been bad value seeing as we run a lot of nickel packages.
There you go again with those pesky facts......

okhawkfan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":156eu6pl said:

What does this have to do with anything? People are complaining about the lack of success from all of these later round picks the Seahawks have been stockpiling each year. It's been a few years since they hit it big with all of those studs late. It made us all spoiled but it doesn't mean we can't expect good results. Fantasy football and Madden have absolutely nothing to do with this.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Schneider navigated the first day beautifully.

He added a 4th 3rd rounder and a high 4th rounder, while keeping a top OT prospect (Cam Robinson), top guard prospect (Forrest Lamp), and top corner prospect (Kevin King) on the board.

So we get our favorite player at a position of need -- whoever that is -- plus more picks to possibly move up into the meatiest portion of this draft (low 2nd round or high 3rd round area).

Oh yeah, and in addition to the two extra picks, we saved roughly $3 million in total guaranteed salary by moving down eight spots . . . for the same player.

:irishdrinkers:

nash72

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3cz5vgci said:

Our line is so abysmal though, you have to try. That's why it was hard to see us pass up on Ramczyk. Robinson and Lamp are still there and I think we have to (HAVE TO) take at least one of them. Surely they will be better than what we have.

Rob12

Reaction score
okhawkfan":2kunhda6 said:
Sports Hernia":2kunhda6 said:

What does this have to do with anything? People are complaining about the lack of success from all of these later round picks the Seahawks have been stockpiling each year. It's been a few years since they hit it big with all of those studs late. It made us all spoiled but it doesn't mean we can't expect good results. Fantasy football and Madden have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Oh, because we have six picks in round 2-3. Those aren't exactly "late round" picks. Ton of value left and the Hawks will be picking. A lot.

Jac

Reaction score
I also wonder if Schneider picked up the #34 because of what's going to happen during the day today. Teams are going to be squirming thinking about who's still available, and somebody may even offer up a 2018 first rounder for it. Same goes for Green Bay. You'd still have a block of players with the Round 2-4 to fill out this year's roster and great draft capital next year. Of course, the alternative is what everybody's describing and doing the opposite (grabbing two high second rounders).

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
nash72":2lycvktf said:
Sports Hernia":2lycvktf said:

Our line is so abysmal though, you have to try. That's why it was hard to see us pass up on Ramczyk. Robinson and Lamp are still there and I think we have to (HAVE TO) take at least one of them. Surely they will be better than what we have.
I do not like the idea of taking an offensive lineman just for the sake of taking an offensive lineman. At the end of the day Ramczyk was available at 32. He was not some great talent that would suddenly make our offensive line woes go away. He was a lineman that played the most important position on the line in college, in a draft that is thin at offensive line, in a league that currently needs a lot of offensive line help, yet he still went 32 overall. That is saying a lot about the leagues confidence in the guy.

That being said, I don't like the Seahawks trading away their first rounds each year. I just hope that they don't get too cute with things like they have the tendency to do. Trading down for more picks is good, so long as it does not cause you to miss some good players. and many times it has. We still have a lot of good players in the second round, but I just hope that Schneider and Carroll don't take some dumb SPARQ player that is clearly a huge project way above where they were slotted.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
harryjohnson":eikz4akv said:
In JS we trust. How many SB teams have you built?

How many has he built since 2013?

That 2014 team was lucky to make the SB. Since then we've been making the playoffs mostly because of the players he brought in during his first years as GM.

I'm starting to think he's a one hit wonder.

getnasty

Reaction score
The fact we can still get King, Robinson,Lamp,Obi,McDowell,Brantley and picked up several picks is amazing. In fact trade back again if you want.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Vpk0718":hanaphgg said:
harryjohnson":hanaphgg said:
In JS we trust. How many SB teams have you built?

How many has he built since 2013?

That 2014 team was lucky to make the SB. Since then we've been making the playoffs mostly because of the players he brought in during his first years as GM.

I'm starting to think he's a one hit wonder.

So you expect a Super Bowl every year, and even when they do make the Super Bowl, you can just disregard it as being "lucky," Hmmm . . . :2thumbs:

The Seahawks have had five-straight years of playoff wins -- and six of the last seven years.

They have broken all kinds of league records during this stretch, leading the league in scoring defense and DVOA for four years and never losing a game by more than 10 points until Earl Thomas went down.

Once again, the Seahawks will be a championship contender. They have 10 draft picks to add even more talent. You can choose to enjoy this run of stellar football . . . or not. I'm guessing not.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
John and Pete aren't learning from their mistakes. Certain positions of need, OT being the most glaring, we absolutely must get elite talent that already knows how to play the position. Our staff has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not capable of coaching that position group up. I fact when it comes to developing tackles our staff is an absolute disaster! We had Ryan Ramczyk fall into our laps and blew it! When Russell Wilson takes unblocked blind side shots from the talent we helped our competition bring in who is going to replace him?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3n32baaq said:
John and Pete aren't learning from their mistakes. Certain positions of need, OT being the most glaring, we absolutely must get elite talent that already knows how to play the position. Our staff has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not capable of coaching that position group up. I fact when it comes to developing tackles our staff is an absolute disaster! We had Ryan Ramczyk fall into our laps and blew it! When Russell Wilson takes unblocked blind side shots from the talent we helped our competition bring in who is going to replace him?

If they do take an offensive lineman at No. 34, as I expect them to do, it means they had Cam Robinson and/or Forrest Lamp ranked ahead of Ramczyk. Ramczyk's hip issues may be more serious than we know.

If we ended up with an injury-plagued guy, wouldn't you have the same complaint?

penihawk

Reaction score
Ramczyk & Foster both have medical issues. I could never figure out why Ramczyk was the top rated OT watching his tape and he's coming off hip surgery. Foster is a good player in a great defense that has long term medical issues and possibly an idiot that we would have to move out of his natural position to get on the field.

Everyone needs to chill out, JS & PC made the right moves last night and now they just have to hit it tonight. If they Munson the six picks tonight, then bash away boys! :mrgreen:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Well known here as not even being Hawks fan, but I think the Hawks crushed it on those two trade backs last night.

Curious to see who they'll grab at #2 tonight, but so far, very, very, very well done.

It doesn't get talked about enough, but IMO even more so than the Pro-Bowl RB the biggest difference between the Hawks SB team and the team last year was the lack of quality depth and even average starters beyond the superstars on the team.

They could literally change that by the time everyone goes to sleep at night, and STILL get the guy they would have taken at their original pick.

If you need decent starters and high quality depth having six picks on day 2 is insane. It's amazing and it's awesome.

So, if they just go for high floor guys with all six picks tonight I think they could have the best draft in the NFL this year.

If they go for low floor/high ceiling guys or start overpaying to package picks to land a guy they think has a high ceiling that's going about it ALL wrong for this team IMO, but so far they've still set them up to have a great, great, draft.

Latest posts