John Schneider

TreeRon

Reaction score
Atradees":33nd6hce said:
Worst draft in years. It speaks for itself. Or it will. I have to believe he didn't pick Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor or the rest. This is all some fraud being portrayed upon us. The tru driving force behind our superbowls was somebody else.

Check out that moon landing as well and is the world really round?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
So far this draft JS has sucked on picking players but has excelled on making sure we get the best selection of Joe’s while passing on the pros.

Yet, if ONE of the lower rounders pans out they’ll praise JS all day long while forgetting their higher round choices sucked and they basically converted a 1st for that 5th rounder.

Poorly done draft so far.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":29shx0wz said:
So far this draft JS has sucked on picking players but has excelled on making sure we get the best selection of Joe’s while passing on the pros.

Yet, if ONE of the lower rounders pans out they’ll praise JS all day long while forgetting their higher round choices sucked and they basically converted a 1st for that 5th rounder.

Why don't you give us who you would have taken instead of just blindly complaining?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2lmfqdlv said:
JayhawkMike":2lmfqdlv said:

Why don't you give us who you would have taken instead of just blindly complaining?

Too easy for these types of posts to call on hindsight.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1j400z51 said:
Seanhawk":1j400z51 said:
JayhawkMike":1j400z51 said:

How's it too easy? No one has played a down yet.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seanhawk":ohavvn14 said:
Uncle Si":ohavvn14 said:
Seanhawk":ohavvn14 said:
JayhawkMike":ohavvn14 said:

How's it too easy? No one has played a down yet.

Thats why its too easy. Im agreeing with you that all these negative posts are too easy to make. Even easier is sayiing who they shouldve taken.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2bj1mx2c said:

Have enough balls to specifically call out the busts, so far, or do you just generally want to complain?

BubbaGump

Reaction score
The Hawks came into this draft with 4 picks. JS has maneuvered and has came away with something like 50 picks! What does this mean? He is giving us hope as fans. I love what he has done for this organization and this draft is included.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Love watching the butthurt when someone’s “pet players” don’t get drafted by their favorite team. It’s precious, really.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2tm4wh9o said:
Love watching the butthurt when someone’s “pet players” don’t get drafted by their favorite team. It’s precious, really.

My pet secondary guys have gone to the Saints two drafts in a row - Natrell Jamerson and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. Both CB/S hybrid players.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m loving this draft so far. I’m liking what I’m seeing and reading about most of their picks. So many of them fit that “Seahawks” profile. You don’t just pick players due to how highly they are rated by the so-called experts. You take players who are a good FIT for your team/philosophy. I think John and Pete are having a great draft!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Atradees":1bllmnzu said:
Maelstrom787":1bllmnzu said:
Atradees":1bllmnzu said:
RW. He didnt make that pick. same guy that picked RW did not make those picks today.

Again, then who did?

The picks made today were clueless and awful. You cant, even as a fan pray, that bye miracle of God think they are gonna start or even compete. It could not have been John. NOPE. NO way.
*bye* is incorrect use. Should've been by
You make yourself look even worse when your use of the English language is at a lower level than your arguments.

jmahon316

Reaction score
jmahon316":1d11dfe8 said:
So far I'm really liking these picks. These players have a very Seahawk-y feel to them and so many people forget that you can be the greatest player in the world but if you don't fit the system, you're not going to go as far as you're hyped to go. I'm very excited about today's draft and who else we pull

James in PA":1d11dfe8 said:
I’m loving this draft so far. I’m liking what I’m seeing and reading about most of their picks. So many of them fit that “Seahawks” profile. You don’t just pick players due to how highly they are rated by the so-called experts. You take players who are a good FIT for your team/philosophy. I think John and Pete are having a great draft!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Said it in the 1st page of this post but I seriously agree.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
The biggest misconception with fans is that the draft is a talent ranking. That first round is more talented than the second and they will quote evidence over the years that “proves” this. It doesn’t. The draft is generally about risk management and opportunity. For example, if a team is investing millions of dollars (including jerseys and marketing etc) into a first round pick, they want lower risk players. This is why a guy like Daniel Jones goes number six. Talent-wise I think he was a terrible QB, but the media loved him and he says the right things and he looks the part. So Gettleman can go to his owner when/if it blows up and say “Look no one saw this coming. He was a consensus first rounder.”

Secondly, first and second round picks get more reps, get more chances to fail etc. A great example is Dion Jordan. Would anyone care about Dion Jordan given his past if he wasn’t the #3 overall pick? What about Luke Joekal? Or Trent Richardson? This happens all the time. Draft slot gives more opportunity. Not only because jobs are usually on the line if they don’t succeed, but also because teams trading for them or signing them later can easily justify the investment to management.

One of the reasons John and Pete do well in later rounds is they aren’t held to a standard of “Your first pick needs to be a star that we can market and make money on.” They can look at a guy they like and take him. And Pete’s philosophy opens the door for more later round guys to succeed.

Whining about a draft (and believe me I’ve been there) is wasted effort. So long as a team is showing consistent vision (which Seattle lost when the roster was stacked with talent) it’s a better draft than most teams. Seattle’s last two drafts have shown consistent vision. Doesn’t mean it will work, it just means there’s a plan. And that’s what’s important.

knownone

Reaction score
You may not like the players drafted or the execution of his draft strategy, but the logic behind what he’s doing is sound. Trading back in the draft is the closest thing to Money Ball in the NFL. Your odds of hitting on a player don’t drastically decrease by moving back a few spots, and gaining more picks later increases your odds of hitting on guys in the later rounds.

toffee

Reaction score
toffee":3et65kn6 said:
Atradees":3et65kn6 said:
RW. He didnt make that pick. same guy that picked RW did not make those picks today. Some other GM would have had better value. This is a clueless deal. Its gone bad its toast.
ok time to name the one who picked RW.

Come on Atradees, time to come clean on your insider knowledge: WHO was the guy that drafted RW?

toffee

Reaction score
Come on again, WHO was the guy in your mind that drafted RW?

[youtube]u7Zs8v3EIcQ[/youtube]

On this video, John Scheider 'discovered' Wilson during his scouting trip to Wisconsin and sold him to he organization.

mistaowen

Reaction score
toffee":nfsm5pbm said:
Come on again, WHO was the guy in your mind that drafted RW?

[youtube]u7Zs8v3EIcQ[/youtube]

On this video, John Scheider 'discovered' Wilson during his scouting trip to Wisconsin and sold him to he organization.

I'm guessing he is implying Scot McCloughan

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Yxes1122":23ugu21w said:
The biggest misconception with fans is that the draft is a talent ranking. That first round is more talented than the second and they will quote evidence over the years that “proves” this. It doesn’t. The draft is generally about risk management and opportunity. For example, if a team is investing millions of dollars (including jerseys and marketing etc) into a first round pick, they want lower risk players. This is why a guy like Daniel Jones goes number six. Talent-wise I think he was a terrible QB, but the media loved him and he says the right things and he looks the part. So Gettleman can go to his owner when/if it blows up and say “Look no one saw this coming. He was a consensus first rounder.”

Secondly, first and second round picks get more reps, get more chances to fail etc. A great example is Dion Jordan. Would anyone care about Dion Jordan given his past if he wasn’t the #3 overall pick? What about Luke Joekal? Or Trent Richardson? This happens all the time. Draft slot gives more opportunity. Not only because jobs are usually on the line if they don’t succeed, but also because teams trading for them or signing them later can easily justify the investment to management.

One of the reasons John and Pete do well in later rounds is they aren’t held to a standard of “Your first pick needs to be a star that we can market and make money on.” They can look at a guy they like and take him. And Pete’s philosophy opens the door for more later round guys to succeed.

Whining about a draft (and believe me I’ve been there) is wasted effort. So long as a team is showing consistent vision (which Seattle lost when the roster was stacked with talent) it’s a better draft than most teams. Seattle’s last two drafts have shown consistent vision. Doesn’t mean it will work, it just means there’s a plan. And that’s what’s important.

Well said.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IMO- This draft, more so than previous drafts, the Seahawks placed a premium on the "mental aspects" of player evaluations (that we fans are not often privy to). This makes sense after the last couple of seasons that have seen "mouthy" and/or "disruptive" veterans depart. In this draft, there were several prospects that I think must have had some really bad interviews and/or poor recommendations from college coaches or teammates. I can't come up with any other reasons they passed on guys like Omenihu, Nelson, Crosby & Gardner-Johnson when they had a chance at them. No more prima donna's or mouthy & disruptive individuals as the Seahawks would seem to be a likely goal in this draft and I would assume future drafts. PC/JS have probably learned from their past missteps and now only want players that 100% buy in and are team first above all else.

I do like the draft and the players selected this year, however I'm starting to think that at the end of round 2, through early round 3, they had planned on taking an edge rusher, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to select Metcalf and having done so, missed out on an edge rusher they liked with that pick. Easy enough to assume as WR was also a big need and nobody would have guessed that Metcalf would fall that far. I think they then decided that they could get a veteran edge rusher in FA that would likely outperform any rookie edge they might have drafted in late round-2, early round-3.

:smilingalien: