Jon Gruden is Available...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
hawker84":24g1cgrv said:
Maelstrom787":24g1cgrv said:
Oh, yeah. I'm sure you all would be thrilled with his first round flubs and mediocre records. Beyond thrilled, even.

More grass-is-greenerism.

Some folks around here are more than happy with division banners and first round defeats.

Is Gruden supposed to fix this? Because it seems like he'd be pretty damn lucky to coach a team to the same result.

Also, Clelin Ferrell at 4. Dude wastes firsts, and at a way worse place to fail than Pete does.

He's got the same issues. Just worse.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Welshers":e6zcxkbh said:
Rat":e6zcxkbh said:
I havn't heard much from Jody Allen, but I imagine this is exactly the kind of attention she would want for this franchise. Maybe we can also trade for DeShaun Watson. That would REALLY stick it to the league.
If we get Gruden and Watson we'd win a SB

We would have a better future with those two.

I think the Raiders lobbied to get the emails and other things outed, to get out of a contract that they regretted. Is Al Davis still running that team? Getting rid of Gruden twice, the organization is stupid ...add on a current Chicago Bear LB and a Cowboy WR... it should be times 4.

toffee

Reaction score
Firing ole Pete, hiring Gruden will endear the Hawks to MAGAs around the nation, instant fan base expansion. Jody gets invites to good ole boy owners cocktail parties.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

kf3339

Reaction score
No NFL team is hiring Gruden to coach again. At least not for a very long time if he is even that lucky.

But I guarantee that there are many skeletons in every NFL league officer, team owner, general manager, head coaches and every other coach or player that have things they stated or done in the past. Every one of them is guilty of something that could be the basis of the exact same result. Don't kid yourself.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't even care about the social aspect of what he said.

Jon Gruden:

-Known as a guru on his side of the ball, yet frequently underwhelmed
-Had a lot of success early on, cementing his reputation, and relatively little in the past few seasons
-Held final personnel say, yet the first round of the draft was full of comedic reaches that ended up being bad

Does this, by chance, sound familiar to any of you?

The man is Pete Carroll, minus the good seasons in the past decade, plus some slurs added in.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kf3339":1q5c3m7j said:
No NFL team is hiring Gruden to coach again. At least not for a very long time if he is even that lucky.

But I guarantee that there are many skeletons in every NFL league officer, team owner, general manager, head coaches and every other coach or player that have things they stated or done in the past. Every one of them is guilty of something that could be the basis of the exact same result. Don't kid yourself.

Here we have the entire history of mankind. People seem to forget that every time we point our finger at someone else, we have three now pointing at us.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Maelstrom787":wzu676n5 said:
I don't even care about the social aspect of what he said.

Jon Gruden:

-Known as a guru on his side of the ball, yet frequently underwhelmed
-Had a lot of success early on, cementing his reputation, and relatively little in the past few seasons
-Held final personnel say, yet the first round of the draft was full of comedic reaches that ended up being bad

Does this, by chance, sound familiar to any of you?

The man is Pete Carroll, minus the good seasons in the past decade, plus some slurs added in.

Ugh...I threw up in my mouth a little at how accurate this is.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
HawksSoc":duz72e6t said:
He's a disgrace, and doesn't deserve to come close to an NFL team again. Winning isn't worth that.
He isn't a disgrace at all. He had a moment. Many of us have moments and never get publicly crucified for free speech

Rat

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3c8zn7yw said:
HawksSoc":3c8zn7yw said:
He's a disgrace, and doesn't deserve to come close to an NFL team again. Winning isn't worth that.
He isn't a disgrace at all. He had a moment. Many of us have moments and never get publicly crucified for free speech

Agreed. If by "a moment", you mean "repeated moments over the span of at least eight years"...

chris98251

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3sd0lnu2 said:
HawksSoc":3sd0lnu2 said:

See this is where the entitled behavior comes in, yes you can say what you want, the caveat is then being held responsible and face the repercussions for those words.

People of your ilk seem to want the first but not the second and third parts.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":l1a7nzw3 said:
He had a moment? Um.........ok.

And let's be real, he's extremely overrated as a coach. Period.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? He's been blackballed by the league. My point is those emails were private. Some chose to leak it. I'm sure Gruden will be fine financially even though the Davis's are cash broke

Rat

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":kdq715yz said:
He's been blackballed by the league. My point is those emails were private.

Didn't he use his work account to send them? Even if you don't care that he's an unrelenting bigot, he's also really stupid.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The racist thing he said "big lips"to me is just (cancel culture) making it way bigger
than needs to be.There are way more things racist and this is the big thing?
The homophobia was out of line but he's from the 80's and in that time it was not
acceptable to be gay or flaunt it like today.The real issue is Rodger got outed and
he isn't going to let it go..Of course!The Raiders get out of the contract..Win win.
As for him coaching here?I don't think he's hungry enough like the young version
was and it shows..He's made so many millions and I think he will be content to just
fade away in history.

tom95

Reaction score
John Gruden was 14-23 at the time he was fired. He inherited a Tony Dungy roster and won in Tampa. I don’t see him as the next coming.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2lrfhnz4 said:
Years of emails, but yeah, he's the victim here :roll:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!(catches breath) BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
That right there am some really funny s#it Soulfish. :lol: