Josh Gordon

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Honestly I'm surprised that Gordon isn't back yet.

When we signed him before the season started, I just assumed Pete and John had some communication with the league office that Gordon's suspension would be lifted relatively soon after the season started.

Why else sign the guy? So Idk, it's a head scratcher for me. Not that he's still suspended, but that we spent cap space on a guy that's suspended and we didn't know for how long.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
xray":1ewuukb4 said:
IMO The Hawks have a nice WR locker room as it stands now .

I agree xray. BUT...
I see Gordon as a unique talent. Lockett is a unique talent. DK is a unique talent. Gordon has proven he is all those things, but he has to prove he can stay clean. If he can do that he is one of our top 3.
AB definitely has the skills but I don't give him any consideration for team reasons.
Dorsett is uniquely fast. I have grown to really like Moore. He'd be a lot better if he was more consistent. He's good but not outstanding. Dorsett could be great is he could stay healthy and prove he can run his routes and catch the ball.
AB definitely has the skills but I don't give him any consideration for team reasons.

Basis, I thought Gordon's suspension was for 8 games beginning following our 9er game last year? Or was it indefinite?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
My guess for the signing is they didn’t want a division rival to sign him hoping for reinstatement. I would’ve hated to see him sign with the 9er’s. May be irrelevant.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't think we've ever heard he's a problem in the locker room at all. If anything, he's a team guy. His issues are way beyond football. Really would love to see him on the roster, he makes the team better. It really does feel like this would be his last chance. Seems like a good guy, and he's a hell of a player. Clearly there's more to it at this point.

RCATES

Reaction score
Hearing Josh isn't doing everything necessary to be re-instated. Basically not jumping through all the League's hoops. He's now missed 8 regular season games. To add another twist Josh deleted his twitter account this morning. Something he's used quite often to inform fans on his situation.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Perhaps deleting his Twitter is one of the hoops the league is requiring him to jump through, or even more likely something his agent is recommending he do to preserve whatever standing he has left with the NFL

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I believe its because of what Pete and John has built here in Seattle, imagine this... Russell Wilson passing the ball to Josh Gordon or D.K. Metcalf or Lockett. A fairly good Oline and Chris Carson. Who could stop them in a superbowl... Nobody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complete conspiracy by Rogar GODell to keep his league competitive on his watch.

Show us Rogar that you are a fair and decent commissioner,

PLEASE RELEASE JOSH GORDON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating:

LTH

Reaction score
It is weird that Gordon has not been reinstated at this point...Carroll isn't saying ANYTHING other than he doesn't know any more than we do.... which I think is probably untrue... there is a reason why Carroll isn't saying...maybe he doesn't know... but it he did know would he say? IMO probably not... so there ya go!

Any thoughts?

LTH

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Apples to apples could not approve AB back on the field while excluding Josh Gordon. Comparing infractions Gordon's are like misdemeanors vs AB's lengthy list of felonies. Add to that Gordon's actions to address his problem over the past several months and the entire anti-Gordon stance by the NFL makes no sense at all.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Agree, the two players are not the same. Brown is a hugely talented psychiatric mess, while Gordon is a multiple repeat offender of the substances of abuse and now the performance enhancing substance rules. Brown is a criminal, and Gordon while clearly talented is an individual with substance abuse problems.

In both cases the waste of their talents can be put solely upon them rather than the league or their team(s) b/c both have been unable through their issues to find stability. You wonder if their respective mental heath situations is truly the underlying cause of their problems, Brown to me seems more disruptive and self focused, but it is clear Gordon has a genuine problem.

Brown has only been suspended once and deservedly so, while Gordon is serving his 5th suspension and can’t stay clean is also deservedly suspended. Given that two of his early suspensions were as reported for weed And a 3rd for alcohol rather than other more serious drugs I think he should be reinstated by being moved up the ladder rather than down the ladder as the weed suspensions (now legal) should be excised from his record or reduced in significance.

I suspect he’ll be suspended 1 year again though this latest suspension should be shorter. For him order in his life is critical and he should be allowed to return to the team to even if he isn’t allowed to play or practice. Maybe he will eventually get it but History is not his friend.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Moistly I don't have a problem with the NFL. But this is utter BS! They need to let him play, let him be around his team mates and coaches, and give him support in dealing with his struggles.

Suspending a player and not allowing them to be around their team only exacerbates the problem! Use a player up, then kick him to the side when he needs support the most. I know, I've been there. As a recovering alcoholic and addict, this really frustrates me and in a world where we are finally starting to publicly address mental health, the NFL is severely lacking in conscience, and actions!

If you're going to suspend them, give them support, give them structure, and give their coaches and teammates access to them so that they can help him! Such BS.