Joshua Onujiogu, EDGE UDFA

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Framingham State star demolished Division III tackles to the tune of 36.0 sacks over 47 games and was the MASCAC Defensive Player of the Year for two consecutive season in 2019 and 2021 (the 2020 season was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic).

This production, along with an impressive pro day, put Onujiogu on the radar of the Seahawks, who met with him prior to the draft and eventually signed him as an undrafted free agent.

toffee

Reaction score
The Framingham State star demolished Division III tackles to the tune of 36.0 sacks over 47 games and was the MASCAC Defensive Player of the Year for two consecutive season in 2019 and 2021 (the 2020 season was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic).

This production, along with an impressive pro day, put Onujiogu on the radar of the Seahawks, who met with him prior to the draft and eventually signed him as an undrafted free agent.

THink he will make the cut?

chrispy

Reaction score
This guy seemed to be around the ball some yesterday. Stats say he had 2 solo tackles and one assist. Anyone have any more insight? I admit I didn't know who he was or anything about him when I saw the unfamiliar name on the back of his jersey.

sutz

Reaction score
This guy seemed to be around the ball some yesterday. Stats say he had 2 solo tackles and one assist. Anyone have any more insight? I admit I didn't know who he was or anything about him when I saw the unfamiliar name on the back of his jersey.
Announcers said he got his first tackles as a pro. The unusual name stood out to me as well. Not sure if he was just a practice squad elevation sunday or what. Doesn't sound familiar on the 53.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
How cool is it, though, to see a guy from a no-name (relatively) college get to see his dream of playing in the NFL come true, and to contribute with a few tackles in a win against a division opponent?

It's like Moonlight Graham in Field of Dreams facing down a big-league pitcher and getting his hit.

chrispy

Reaction score
Google is our friend :)

Link says he'll fill in while Darrell Taylor is out with groin injury. He has a shot. Taylor certainly hasn't been setting the world on fire. ...just another rookie playing on a young, but still improving, team.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
How cool is it, though, to see a guy from a no-name (relatively) college get to see his dream of playing in the NFL come true, and to contribute with a few tackles in a win against a division opponent?

It's like Moonlight Graham in Field of Dreams facing down a big-league pitcher and getting his hit.
Or like a guy named Dave Krieg getting his shot from a no longer in existence college?!

nwHawk

Reaction score
He’s a D3 guy that if they have patience could turn out to be a solid rotation and special teams player.