JS says minimum for Russ is (3) 1st round draft picks.

zhawk

Reaction score
But wait... I heard he was just a game manager!?! :sarcasm_off:

massari

Reaction score
No competent NFL owner would ever allow a marketable, future hall of fame QB in his prime to get traded because he doesn't want to be in a 1980's style offense, with trash pass protection every season.

Listen to the man, and give him what he wants

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So let us see here:

1 - We are talking here about potentially trading Wilson.

2 - We are thinking of not retaining Carson and going with Hyde as a starter. (Who not only isn't starter quality but is barely a backup.)

3 - We are talking about signing a ridiculously expensive TE from the Titans. This one makes sense if we keep Wilson but only if we somehow lose Pete.

This is our plan for getting better as almost every other team in our division is getting better?

xray

Reaction score
It won't happen this year unless Wilson demands it ; which he won't . If the Hawks fail to qualify for the post season in 2021 or do and get bounced out early again , then Wilson and the Hawks will part company in 2022 . IMO

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just because "we" are talking (and that's really only some) about stuff, doesn't mean it's going to happen.
People are believing and running with everything the media throws out there. They want clicks, and it's working. I'll worry about it IF something happens. Until then, it's all talk.
That being said, it's going to be a fun off season. So many players changing teams, getting cut etc.

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
Unless Russell demands to be traded I don’t think it’s gonna happen. Pete Carroll needs 4th quarter comeback magic to bail him out of every game where ‘dont play to win, play not to lose’ Peteball falls flat on its face. What quarterback can deliver that kind of clutchness?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The implication of this thread is that RW is being shopped by the team, and this just isn't so.

JS has said he isn't interested in trading RW but discussions would only begin at the level above which is expensive.

Drama never ends this time of year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":33z0wvt7 said:
Drama never ends this time of year.

Started by Russell, don't forget that.

The timing of Pete's contract and these rumors is way off anyway. Why would Pete and John want to start over rebuilding their team when Pete has what? 3-4 more years tops?

He's trying to win another SB before he retires, not spend the next 3-4 years trying to rebuild his team with a new QB.

That all spells Russell isn't going anywhere.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What did he start? He said he wants more protection? To say this crap has been blown out of proportion is the understatement of the century. He's right, and it's about time he said something. Just surprised so many people have turned on him and/or seem like they are taking it personal.

James in PA

Reaction score
I hate all this talk of “well, he’ll probably play with the Hawks this season but will be traded next off-season.” I’m not saying I disagree, I just really hate that approach. That is no way to run a team. If either side wants a change, just do it now. Otherwise, shut up and work it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3d95o0js said:
What did he start? He said he wants more protection? To say this crap has been blown out of proportion is the understatement of the century. He's right, and it's about time he said something. Just surprised so many people have turned on him and/or seem like they are taking it personal.

Russ did start all this by making his feelings public.

So whether you agree with him or not is moot, no one would be talking about this if Russell kept his grievances in house.

No talk of trades, no Colin Cowherd blaming Pete, no "how many first round picks would it take." None of it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Started by Wilson? Maybe but the fault lies on the FO, not Wilson.

If he pushed for things internally, they chose to disregard, and then he ratcheted to the next level?

That is more on them for not listening to their QB. Certainly more on Pete for constantly being more of an impediment to his QB's success than an enabler.

Wilson likely did not create this, this seems more the result of an FO that feels it gets to do what it wants with its QB regardless of the QB's own opinions of the matter.

Since a HOF QB is more scarce commodity than an aging has-been coach, Wilson's opinion and preferences should matter more.

Because other teams would gladly take Wilson, but Carroll is pretty much at the end of his usefulness (if not beyond it now).

And it seems completely justifiable for Wilson to escalate given they seem to have ignored his warnings last year.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1a93q47l said:
SoulfishHawk":1a93q47l said:

So whether you agree with him or not is moot, no one would be talking about this if Russell kept his grievances in house.

No talk of trades, no Colin Cowherd blaming Pete, no "how many first round picks would it take." None of it.

Actually it still would have been talked about, it would have gotten out, just like some who something gets out every year about trading Wilson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":3gdq8y0b said:
Sgt. Largent":3gdq8y0b said:
SoulfishHawk":3gdq8y0b said:

Actually it still would have been talked about, it would have gotten out, just like some who something gets out every year about trading Wilson.

Russell's arguably the most polished measured athlete there is, everything he does is planned out and orchestrated.

So no, it wouldn't have just got out whether he went public or not.

You guys are making this into me criticizing Russell, and while I don't agree with him going public that's not the point.

The point is this thread and others didn't exist until HE initiated these conversations.

Which is fine, makes for great forum and sports talk until the draft. But don't kid yourselves, Russell brought all of this on himself, which again was calculated. He wants the "you better do what I say or I'm gone next year" conversations and information out there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Which is no different than what MANY players have done. Maybe front office types and fans shouldn't be so sensitive. He voiced an opinion, finally. We live in a totally different time, and athletes have no problem voicing their concerns. I guess I just don't agree with people making him out to be some problem child and/or diva. It's fairly ridiculous. He got called a robot and boring his entire career. Now he finally says something, that wasn't that huge of a deal, and people are ready to run him out of town.
Glad he did say something finally, and he was accurate. Meanwhile, Pete continues to get zero blame from much of the media. Could it have been in house? Absolutely. Is it even half as bad as the media and fans make it out to be? I doubt it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We have reached the point where the QB is more important than the coach.

That is just the reality.

It is going to bury Pete because the next QB is going to tell him to stuff himself too.

Brady wanted AB. His coach said no way, we don't want or need AB here. Brady got AB.

Whether his coach wanted it or not, the QB got what he wanted, and rightfully so because everything hinges on the QB right now.

The QB is the most important piece of a team now, not the coach.

So you DO NOT trade your most important piece (QB) to satisfy a lesser piece (coach).

You just don't.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points
Brady got what he wanted, nobody batted an eye.
Watson is demanding a trade, no biggie...…
Manning literally called out his O Line on a post game presser "let's just say we had protection problems"
and nobody batted an eye.
Rodgers has been complaining about coaching and front office his entire career, nobody seems to care.
Stafford forced his way out of Detroit, good for you Matthew.....
Eli Manning refused to play for the Chargers.
John Elway refused to play for the Colts.
QB's making their opinions known is nothing new.

Russ said he needs more protection, oh the horror :mrgreen:

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
RW used TV interviews to bait potential suitors! Schneider & Wilson are sitting back & waiting to see if the right deal materializes. A trade cannot happen unless Schneider & Wilson work together, it makes no sense to fight & get upset, these guys are Professionals, big $$$ is on the line, Schneider & Wilson are trying to create a “Win Win” situation for each other, that’s the bottom line.

The dead money isn’t a big issue for Seattle because it increases the value of the deal & screens out any deals that don’t offer the opportunity to draft a QB.
If the dead $$ was an issue all they have to do is redo RW’s contract, I’m sure RW’s Agents & RW love the idea of a new contract.

Miami has indicated they are open to Watson! This means they are currently selling RW’s people the opportunity in Miami, will it work? Who knows!

If I’m RW I’m getting out of the NFC West, moving to less competitive Division on a team that resides in a low TAX state, like Florida. Jacksonville or Miami are logical choices! RW is a perfect fit for Urban Meyer’s offense. Meyer has minimal experience developing a QB, the GM has a history of bad decisions, and the owner is a rookie to the NFL.

Latest posts