JSN.. What we are looking for..

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think we run a lot more 11 personnel and less 12 to get our talent out on the field more. JSN is far more of a talent than any of our TE's.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Hard to say a rookie is going to be a chain mover in the middle but that really looks like his role. Have we had a Wr who could work the middle of the field like he seems to be able to since Baldwin?

chrispy

Reaction score
1)That play looks a lot different with contact.
2)Maybe attempt to use 2 hands.

I guess I'm hoping he has a lot of boring two-handed TDs instead of a few crazy circus catches that the Safety doesn't pop loose. Sorry, kind of a Debbie Downer take on it, but that's what I see... I expect him to continue to improve but I'm not ready to anoint him the 2nd coming of ADB after that one.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Even if he's in on third down only, he'll get plenty of looks. Move the chains, rinse, repeat. Sustaining drives will be this dudes bread and butter.

I'm not doubting this, but #3 receivers around the league all have similar stats. Lets be honest, they are the third option so that stands to reason. Guess what i'm trying to say is we wont see his full potential until he's in a more prominent role like a #2 or even #1.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
I'm not doubting this, but #3 receivers around the league all have similar stats. Lets be honest, they are the third option so that stands to reason. Guess what i'm trying to say is we wont see his full potential until he's in a more prominent role like a #2 or even #1.
Because of his excellent WR acumen he'll be featured in the "slot" but Tyler is also a mismatch playing out of the slot...and Pete has said already JSN will also play WR roles away from the slot position. Geno can't stop smiling when he "talks up" Jaxon Smith-Njigba.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
With the new rules about hitting defensiveness receivers I question how much he can get lit up by a safety in a game in that situation

GemCity

Reaction score
Good to see others are finally catching on. JSN will be considered our best WR by end of season. I say this as a HUGE DK fan.
Ditto. JSN won’t be considered a 3 for long. And that is truly saying something with DK and Tyler still back there.

I love this dude and already got his jersey (Fathers Day gift). Of course, I live in Ohio and am a huge Buckeye fan too so…there’s definitely some bias here.

He’s too talented to not become #1.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
From John Boyle Seahawks.com 30 July
A Pete Carrol quote.
"He's really a gifted athlete," Carroll said, "Timing, hand-eye (coordination), body control, extraordinary natural quickness, and he makes things look really easy. I couldn't imagine him not being part of the mix right from the beginning. It just comes too easy for him. We're looking for the spots we can put him in, how to move him around, and see how much he can handle. There's nothing that's holding him back. He's hitting it off with Geno really well right now."

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
From John Boyle Seahawks.com 30 July
A Pete Carrol quote.
"He's really a gifted athlete," Carroll said, "Timing, hand-eye (coordination), body control, extraordinary natural quickness, and he makes things look really easy. I couldn't imagine him not being part of the mix right from the beginning. It just comes too easy for him. We're looking for the spots we can put him in, how to move him around, and see how much he can handle. There's nothing that's holding him back. He's hitting it off with Geno really well right now."

The good news, last year WR mot named DK or Lockett had over 800 snaps. I am hoping JSN gets 75% of those.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett needs 49 receptions and 521 yards to overtake Brian Blades for sole possession of 2nd place on the Seahawk alltime receiver list. His 24' & 25' cap #'s will be prohibitive but hopefully they find a way to keep him around past this season, he's one of the good ones.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett needs 49 receptions and 521 yards to overtake Brian Blades for sole possession of 2nd place on the Seahawk alltime receiver list. His 24' & 25' cap #'s will be prohibitive but hopefully they find a way to keep him around past this season, he's one of the good ones.
At some point maybe, one of my favorites will play their entire career as a Hawk, and retire as a Hawk.

(Said as he looks skyward with palms together)

Scout

Reaction score
JSN is potentially such a good receiver so sooner or later you will see him playing a lot of boundary and that is where the fun begins. That is where you can put Lockett or Metcalf on the inside for favorable mismatches.