Kam Chancellor is the best SS in the game

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Such a monster postseason for Kam.

We have the best players in the league at three positions on our defense, at least. Strong competitors at five others.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Blitzer88":hto2o4tf said:
seahawks.gif

The amazing thing about that play was how fast Chancellor covered that much field. If you look at the gif....Davis doesn't even manage to get both feet down. Ouch.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HaHaHa!!! I just had to post this gif on a Lions forum when the ignorant poster said Kam was just a good player in the system. :laugh:
Kam is Wham and the best SS in the NFL.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3kujzvzj said:
HaHaHa!!! I just had to post this gif on a Lions forum when the ignorant poster said Kam was just a good player in the system. :laugh:

Wow. I can't believe anyone actually said that.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I definitely agree with best SS in the league. Not buying the '3rd best DB on our team,' because each player brings a unique ability. Sherm can neither bring bring Earl's speed nor Kam's physicality. Kam can't bring Sherman's ability to diagnose a play, locate the ball in mid air and make the pick nor does he have Earl's speed. Earl can't quite bring the wood like Kam does and he doesn't have the physical length Sherm and Kam enjoy. He doesn't quite have Sherm's ball skills either.

Together they are a formidable group, but to say one DB is better than the other is like comparing apples to oranges. One year ago, Kam was the most physical Safety in the league, but his coverage skills were only slightly above average at best. Now I would argue that no SS or FS in league offer his combination of physicality AND coverage skills. No doubt this is the result of a tight-knit group feeding off of one another.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
His first tackle (3rd defensive play) separated Demaryius Thomas' shoulder. And then there was one less receiver. Covering Wes Welker he punched out the ball to stop a key third down conversion early. Dude is money.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1yrhwklp said:
One thing a Lions fan would not recognize is a good secondary. Their best secondary player, Delmas, was barely on the field for the last few years.

The system thing gets brought up for every damn Seahawk who is mentioned as good, except for Lynch.

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
vin.couve12":3143v5zo said:
Smelly McUgly":3143v5zo said:
and is the third-best defensive player in our own backfield.
Highly debatable.

This is not the point. If you'd like, think of it as:

Richard Sherman is a top-two CB in the game and only third best in our defensive backfield.

Or

Earl Thomas is the best FS in the game and only third best in our defensive backfield.

Either way, think about the magnitude of that statement and then get set to really appreciate what we have even more than you did before.

hawk45

Reaction score
Always loved Kam, was a little surprised at the $$$ he got, then this year he took it to another level entirely, and then elevated even more in the postseason.

Kam's the best, and we got fantastic value for our bucks with him. All of the LOB are just such great fits, Sherman takes away his side of the field, Earl takes away deep middle, Kam takes away anything near the LOS and gets wayyy inside the head of opposing pass-catchers. Vernon Davis is a weapon against any other NFL team, against us he just prays to not get knocked the eff out.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Aros":2xybiryr said:
Blitzer88":2xybiryr said:

LOOK at that velocity and LEGAL impact! Holy CRAP that never gets old. No wonder Kenny Easley loves him.

I love listening to Al Michaels' call of that play..."Vernon Davis WIDE OPEN!", just before IMPACT.

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
vin.couve12":2doqt0ai said:
Smelly McUgly":2doqt0ai said:
vin.couve12":2doqt0ai said:
Smelly McUgly":2doqt0ai said:
and is the third-best defensive player in our own backfield.
Highly debatable.

This is not the point.
Says who? Either way I left it at that because it's irrelevant so long as all 3 stay here.

Says me. You missed the point of the thread. Just move on and go try to ruin another thread.