Kapernick is "immortal"

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Exactly Ninester!

During the years that he mattered, does anyone REALLY think that his political stuff would have impacted him the same way? Especially in the Bay? I mean, you heard about how Nick Bosa supposedly liked/retweeted alt-right people that people here froth at, but they're all happy he's here.

FACT is that Kaep started all this when he was gonna get benched for Gabs and everyone knew it. He did it as a loser, he then got tons of money leveraging that. If he wanted to play, he should have done the workout instead of blowing it up over his right to sue them again or the IP video rights that he couldn't sell to Nike. If he wanted to explain himself, no shortage of national/local venues for him to do that.

Instead, he won't even speak for himself. He's just the figurehead to profit behind a PR machine.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3m26yudq said:
..........FACT is that Kaep started all this when he was gonna get benched for Gabs and everyone knew it........
Actually iirc, he started it before that and had been sitting on the bench rather than standing based on his belief that there is inequity in the justice system and only because a reporter noticed it and asked him about it did it become public. Yes at that point he ran with it but I frankly don't think losing his starter job had much if anything to do with it. :Dunno:
Could be wrong tho. Doesn't matter that much to me. Just digging through the gray matter trying to remember the timeline. Did it start even in the preseason for several games before it was noticed?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":jih7jky8 said:
SantaClaraHawk":jih7jky8 said:
..........FACT is that Kaep started all this when he was gonna get benched for Gabs and everyone knew it........
Actually iirc, he started it before that and had been sitting on the bench rather than standing based on his belief that there is inequity in the justice system and only because a repiorter noticed it and asked him about it did it become public. Yes at that point he ran with it but I frankly don't think losing his starter job had much if anything to do with it. :Dunno:

He started it in preseason 2016, I think the second game. The benching was imminent then.

Point is, he didn't do it when under negotiations with Broncos in 2015 b/c they didn't want to take on his entire contract. Or 2014, when DCs started figuring him out, and the 49ers tried to make him a system pocket passer when he was not. Or 2013 or 2012 when he was actually a winner (2013 more on Dawson's leg, but still.)

He did this when he had nothing to lose besides a QB2 run. He's gotten more money and attention by not doing this but SAYING (as of 2019) that yeah he'd be a backup. No way is he counting on being shredded like Colt McCoy--healthy during his time at SF--over that.