Kraken 2021-2022 Season

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
This team is so weird. They go on a run earlier in the year beating 3 teams that were tied for the NHL lead in points, then they lose like 12 of 13. Now they've won 3 of 4 including the #1 team in points.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":qu2m2lqj said:
This team is so weird. They go on a run earlier in the year beating 3 teams that were tied for the NHL lead in points, then they lose like 12 of 13. Now they've won 3 of 4 including the #1 team in points.
Expansion teams are like that sometimes. I remember some real bad Seattle Mariners teams kick the crap out of some real good Yankees teams. I remember going to “ball night” in 1979 I was 10. The Mariners score 9 runs against Tommy John and the Yankees bullpen in the 1st inning. Seattle ended up winning 16-1. Lou Pinella had the only run for the Yankees a solo shot home run to dead center field. The Yankees were light years better than those fledgling Mariners teams.

Sometimes playing the best teams brings the best out of lesser teams.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":29lord4r said:
Gru seems to be rounding into form. Great game tonight.
Gru was great and 2 timely goals helped. Great win against a damn good team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
First shut out for the Squid Squad. 3-0 over the islanders.
Nice game by Gru and we got an empty netter which are always cool to see.

OP
OP
Threedee

Threedee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3fndsazi said:
First shut out for the Squid Squad. 3-0 over the islanders.
Nice game by Gru and we got an empty netter which are always cool to see.

Probably the signature win of the season, given that the Islanders have been a strong team in recent years.

OP
OP
Threedee

Threedee

Reaction score
Where I work, the Canadians host an annual Can-Am hockey match, and had won 25 consecutive times. That perfect streak was ended Tuesday afternoon, 3-2, at Sprinker Arena in Spanaway.

:179422:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I got tickets for the 4/9 game vs. Calgary. I saw they want to get Beniers some time on the ice after the NCAAs are over. Would be fun to get a peek at the future.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Per game threads won't get alot of action in here will it?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Per game threads won't get alot of action in here will it?
Tough to get a game thread going for a struggling expansion team. I post at the HF Hockey Forums and the Kraken game threads usually have between 40-60 posts but usually the same 10 diehards posting there.

You can say “our goalies suck” in only so many ways.

When they start winning the Kraken threads will be more popular. The NHL is kind of a different animal. The Diehards really love it but a lot of folks are “meh” about hockey. Team success will bring in more fans/traffic.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Tough to get a game thread going for a struggling expansion team. I post at the HF Hockey Forums and the Kraken game threads usually have between 40-60 posts but usually the same 10 diehards posting there.

You can say “our goalies suck” in only so many ways.

When they start winning the Kraken threads will be more popular. The NHL is kind of a different animal. The Diehards really love it but a lot of folks are “meh” about hockey. Team success will bring in more fans/traffic.

So true.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Went to my first Kraken game tonight, what an experience! Great game saw Matty Beniers first NHL goal, he just missed putting 3 in the net tonight.

Outside of 3 defensive lapses they played great and won in a shootout.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Matty Beniers is the real deal. Can’t wait to see the team they put together for next season. I believe they will be a playoff team this time next year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I've enjoyed watching Beniers and Sprong. These last several games have been more entertaining to watch.
Yep. Went to Matty’s first game @ home where he scored his first goal. It was my first NHL game, it was a blast. It’s too bad that they are playing their best hockey right now at seasons end.

I guess with all of the draft picks they have it’s a good sign for next year.

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
I watched the 3rd period at home. Loved seeing the energy on the ice. Much different team that what started the season. So excited for the future.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Was able to watch the first period last night vs Wild and liked what I saw for the most part, the Kraken starting with a 2-0 lead before it became 2-1 on a Wild PP. Especially nice was the nifty passing between Gourde and Kuhlman for the second goal. Wasn't able to watch the rest, but noticed later on a score ticker that it was suddenly 2-5. What the hell happened?! That's like a football team scoring 3 TDs in less than 2 minutes.