Kyle Shanahan… I'm Beginning to Have My Doubts

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":nd6okaxp said:
SantaClaraHawk":nd6okaxp said:
Marv, after the get-right game with Rams I am seeing our 11/1 matchup as...well a tossup.

We have no Jadaveon Clowney type and you guys don't have Bosa. We have Carson but under him an aging Hyde and then Homer, whom no one likes, whereas you have this Hasty character. Your RB position is probably superior there and that's by deliberate design of Shan.

Nah.

1) Yes Clowney is good, but IMO Bosa was far better. Clowney is a very, very good overall defender, but he's never been the elite pass rusher he was billed to be. I do agree though that Seattle has some issues with its pass rush.

2) RB position not so good right now. Mostert just went on IR. Coleman already on IR. McKinnon....eh....jury out on that one. Hasty? He looked ok last night, but what you saw is essentially his entire NFL career. Carson is far, far better than any RB the 49ers can currently put on the field.

EDIT: Oh. Joy. Not just Mostert, but Ben Garland, their BACKUP Center. They are now on their third string center. I think that's now 20 players on IR.

Wow, I didn't see Shan's latest press conference that talked about the injuries to Mostert and the C Garland, which can be found here:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/10/19 ... -to-the-ir

Losing Mostert is critical since there's no Coleman and on center Richburg's not coming back. If that hadn't happened I'd say they're very competitive with the Pats but without them IDK as the run is absolutely key to Kyle's game plan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":gjrecfb0 said:
Marvin49":gjrecfb0 said:
SantaClaraHawk":gjrecfb0 said:
Marv, after the get-right game with Rams I am seeing our 11/1 matchup as...well a tossup.

We have no Jadaveon Clowney type and you guys don't have Bosa. We have Carson but under him an aging Hyde and then Homer, whom no one likes, whereas you have this Hasty character. Your RB position is probably superior there and that's by deliberate design of Shan.

Nah.

1) Yes Clowney is good, but IMO Bosa was far better. Clowney is a very, very good overall defender, but he's never been the elite pass rusher he was billed to be. I do agree though that Seattle has some issues with its pass rush.

2) RB position not so good right now. Mostert just went on IR. Coleman already on IR. McKinnon....eh....jury out on that one. Hasty? He looked ok last night, but what you saw is essentially his entire NFL career. Carson is far, far better than any RB the 49ers can currently put on the field.

EDIT: Oh. Joy. Not just Mostert, but Ben Garland, their BACKUP Center. They are now on their third string center. I think that's now 20 players on IR.

Wow, I didn't see Shan's latest press conference that talked about the injuries to Mostert and the C Garland, which can be found here:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/10/19 ... -to-the-ir

Losing Mostert is critical since there's no Coleman and on center Richburg's not coming back. If that hadn't happened I'd say they're very competitive with the Pats but without them IDK as the run is absolutely key to Kyle's game plan.

I honestly can't see them doing better than 8-8 this year. There is just too much. The injuries are ludicrous at this point.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3r7piwy1 said:
I honestly can't see them doing better than 8-8 this year. There is just too much. The injuries are ludicrous at this point.

That stinks, Marv; what a bunch of awful luck! I hate injuries... would rather play teams strength-vs.-strength. It makes the whole season feel like a downer for you guys.

chris98251

Reaction score
The hangover also is the ability to get rest and heal from a long season, we felt it also. Why in my mind it is hard to get back as well.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
I was beginning to have my doubts, not anymore.

"Muh injuries" is highly overrated.

Kyle Shanahan is the best coach in the division.

Stanley

Reaction score
Fade":5oa1tawq said:
I was beginning to have my doubts, not anymore.

"Muh injuries" is highly overrated.

Kyle Shanahan is the best coach in the division.

It’s only overrated if your have good depth.

Still, no Bosa, Sherman, Ford, Thomas, Ronald Blair - this last game add Tartt, Ward, Kwon. Those aren’t just “muh injuries.” The 49er IR can beat most teams themselves.

SF49r

Reaction score
You can add Deebo Samuel and Jeff Wilson to the muh injuries list now

Marvin49

Reaction score
SF49r":3df2ubjy said:

....and like that, Deebos gone. He'll miss Seahawks and Packers at least. Jeff Wilson to IR.

Sigh. Year of attrition continues.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":5wnfv8y4 said:
SF49r":5wnfv8y4 said:

....and like that, Deebos gone. He'll miss Seahawks and Packers at least. Jeff Wilson to IR.

Sigh. Year of attrition continues.

Marv, as a 49er fan, I suggest you take the approach of my SO to your wins.

He called SNF the "Habitrail Bowl." He's still doing that while dodging the broom. There you go.