Laiatu Latu

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Yeah I'm not a fan of using the #16 overall pick on a guy with neck issues? If going DE, #16 is to high for Verse. I'ld rather move down a bit to like 20-24, and draft Chop Robinson, gives me Micah Parson vibes, can only imagine with him being a freak athlete what Macdonald can do with him?
Agree. I've had my eye on Chop this entire offseason. The thing about neck injuries is that they are highly likely to be tested to the max at that position. Too big a risk.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Didn’t that hack, know nothing on ESPN, Pollard, have to retire due to a knock injury?

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not a fan of using the #16 overall pick on a guy with neck issues? If going DE, #16 is to high for Verse. I'ld rather move down a bit to like 20-24, and draft Chop Robinson, gives me Micah Parson vibes, can only imagine with him being a freak athlete what Macdonald can do with him?
I'm down with an Edge. I like most of the 1st round Edges. I don't love any of them if I'm honest. There are question marks about each one.

But based on what we know Latu if he is cleared medically has the best chance to make the earliest impact in my opinion. I don't think he has the biggest upside though but he can win right away at the LOS.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
IF he somehow fell to 16, absolutely worth considering.
People talk about DK's neck injury too. He's fine. Even after that POS Warner tried to break it. (yes, I know he didn't, but it's fun to claim he did)

CactusJack

Reaction score
Greg Cosell is one of the better analysts when it comes to scouting.

Last edited:

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Dude is a stud no doubt about it. He's probably a top 10 pick without the injury concern I would think.
I'm a bigger fan of production over traits upside and he's been a stud the last two seasons.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m hesitant of his neck but if we did our research on him and snatch him up, I’m happy as we need defenders.,, PERIOD

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think he's going to drop a bit will be there at 16

Chawker

Reaction score
I can see drafting DK with a neck injury not being in the trenches but, Latu is just to much of a gamble for me. I'd remove him from my board. Yes ! I know. Good player and all though.

GemCity

Reaction score
I finally watched some tape on him. In my opinion, he’s the most refined pass rusher that’s come out in a long time.

This may be far fetched but, he appears to really play ‘heads up’. It seems to boost his awareness…makes sense. He does a really good job of avoiding helmet to helmet contact which obviously protects his neck from further injury.

There are some negatives to this as well…lots of arm tackling. I’m not so sure he’ll get away with that at the next level. I’m not saying he NEVER lowers his shoulder but it is noticeable. No one can blame him for that…he came back from a nasty injury ofc.

He puts A LOT of pressure on the ball. Which is beyond valuable in itself.

If I were picking Edge…I’d really be torn if Latu and Verse were both available. While Verse doesn’t have Latu’s wide array of moves, he is the strongest edge coming out and can ‘bully’ his way past 300+ pound blockers. Verse can develop the additional techniques/moves as he gains more experience. Latu is also strong…and will certainly get stronger.

At the NFL level, there’s a lot of contact on the edge. I’d have to give Verse the nod here.

I think a lot of teams may wipe Latu off the board. He was barred by U of Wash from playing. There will likely be NFL team docs that concur with that decision.

If it comes down to picking an Edge and they’re both available….thats a pick I wouldn’t want to make.

I think both, assuming staying healthy, are going to have good to great careers.

Last edited: