Levi Bell or Nick Bellore?

toffee

Reaction score
Last edited:

LTH

Reaction score
Bellore has been a special team ace, a fullback and a part time LB. Levi more a LB and a part time FB. Of course Levi is younger and cheaper. Push comes to shove, Levi or Nick?

Nick's contract and cap:
Truth is I'm not even going to guess what this roster is going to look like. Because the truth is, I have no clue what Carroll and JS are thinking...I'd be really disappointed appointed if Bobo didn't make it and I'd be disappointed if Bellore or bell were cut...the only thing I really do know is there is going to be some disappointment no matter what happens cause I like most of this team.

LTH

Jville

Reaction score
In the past, teams tend to engage in roster maneuvers at cut down and into the first week. They could cut Nick to initially. Carry Levi on the week one roster. Only to move Levi to the practice squad to make room for Nick's return to the regular roster. We have seen such roster maneuvers in the past with two players of similar roles.

Considering the age difference, it's a possibility.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Richard Sherman has been a big Levi Bell fan in camp. Bellore should be in the Seahawk Special Team HOF but he's 34 so I think it's time for him to pass the baton and crack a cold one.
That sounded like a logical move, right? These two have a lot in common football wise, but one is older and more expensive.

Jville

Reaction score
That sounded like a logical move, right? These two have a lot in common football wise, but one is older and more expensive.

Not in terms of football experience. One is very experienced and a captain and special teams leader. The other is a young developmental project. And at this point in time, a visit to OTC doesn't lead to a significantly more expensive cap outcome.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Last year, John called Bellore a foundational player on ST and in the locker room.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I don't know man, Bell looked....., questionable in the GB game. He looked decent against the Cowboys, but didn't seem to carry that over to this week.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If a vet like Bellore makes the final 53, iirc his 2023 salary is guaranteed.

It's common practice to cut someone like Bellore to keep a low draft pick (or UDFA) only to waive same player (to add to PS) and then add the vet back to the roster at his un-guaranteed salary.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Bell played really well the first two weeks - even though he was playing against backups, I thought he was on track to playing his way on the roster. But, I didn't see him flash in the GB game - other than the learning that he is currently an awful FB :).

He's one of the three or four really interesting questions for me this week. We have four locks at OLB and I'm not sure he justifies carrying 5. I hope we find a way to keep him.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I hate to say it but nick has had his chances and bell seems to be cheaper , yonger , faster and losing bellore wouldn't be a big blow anyway so seeing what we've seen from bell this pre season I would have to say it's time to move on
It's not like he's a red bryant type that gets everyone fired up n ya gotta cut bait sooner or later
He has had a good career but time to see if the new guys can step up

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
We know what Nick can do, Bell is more risky but comes at a lower price.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't know man, Bell looked....., questionable in the GB game. He looked decent against the Cowboys, but didn't seem to carry that over to this week.
I don't put any credence in anything from the GB game. They were playing their first string early, and seemed desperate to get a win. Kenny Clark in a preseason game?

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Bell may not have blown anyone away in that game but I didn't see bellore either
Did he even play in that game ?
I haven't seen the snap counts

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nick Bellore being cut would attract a somewhat significant dead cap hit, as his contract was renewed this year for two years.

Bell has been waived now and will hopefully make it to the PS.