Lions O line

bileever

Reaction score
Then again, it was just 118 yards on 36 carries against a Chiefs defense which was just average against the run last year, and were playing without Chris Jones. I thought that with Jamyr Gibbs that it might do a lot better than they showed last night.

94Smith

Reaction score
Then again, it was just 118 yards on 36 carries against a Chiefs defense which was just average against the run last year, and were playing without Chris Jones. I thought that with Jamyr Gibbs that it might do a lot better than they showed last night.
the fact that they carried 36 times speaks to their dedication to the run

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I wanted to make a entire thread about our thoughts on Detroit v Seattle but I can't figure it out to on my phone. So next best is here I'm worried they will just run for 200+ game over but we beat them last year and I'm not a believer in Detroit but it's a road game....I tend to think it will be a shootout any other opinions?

Otherwise if they rush 36-40 times we're totally ******. Why I have no belief in Geno is I don't believe he has any balls perfect system quarterback but shit when things are off the rails basically the exact opposite of Russ. I prefer neither I want s full on complete quarterback so get on it John before we're paying Geno 40 million.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
Why I have no belief in Geno is I don't believe he has any balls perfect system quarterback but shit when things are off the rails basically the exact opposite of Russ. I prefer neither I want s full on complete quarterback so get on it John before we're paying Geno 40 million.
He had some throws last year that we're pretty ballsy. Unless you're breaking news here? ;)

I'm really not worried about Geno. The line has to do a better job this year. That includes the run game as well. Especially the interior guys. Cross performed okay for a rookie. But he has to make a jump this year. Austin Blythe & Gabe Jackson simply weren't good enough.

The problem is facing teams with a strong pass rush. Like the Niners, Aaron Donald, etc. But if he has enough time, with this receiving core, he'll pick defenses apart.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I wanted to make a entire thread about our thoughts on Detroit v Seattle but I can't figure it out to on my phone. So next best is here I'm worried they will just run for 200+ game over but we beat them last year and I'm not a believer in Detroit but it's a road game....I tend to think it will be a shootout any other opinions?

Otherwise if they rush 36-40 times we're totally ******. Why I have no belief in Geno is I don't believe he has any balls perfect system quarterback but shit when things are off the rails basically the exact opposite of Russ. I prefer neither I want s full on complete quarterback so get on it John before we're paying Geno 40 million.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I did ask for other opinions. I'm fine with not being right given at best this is a 10 win team which is right there with Detroit at there lower outcome. In reality I think we are sn 8-9 win team prove me wrong Geno.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I did ask for other opinions. I'm fine with not being right given at best this is a 10 win team which is right there with Detroit at there lower outcome. In reality I think we are sn 8-9 win team prove me wrong Geno.
Well I think Geno is going to be fine but.... if he is not you better come up with our bet on LOCK Lmao!!!! Just sayin man you brought it up...I didn't forget lol

hawkfan68

Reaction score

You have valid concerns. If they are rushing 36-40 times and only getting 2 ypc then that would be good right? It probably also could mean it's a tight low scoring game - like 23 -17 or something along those lines. If it is a blowout in Seahawks favor, the run totals probably aren't that high for the Lions. I would rather the Seahawks force them to throw the balls because other than St. Brown, their receivers are pedestrian. Besides, that plays into the teeth of the Seahawk strength on defense (their secondary (at least on paper)).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You have valid concerns. If they are rushing 36-40 times and only getting 2 ypc then that would be good right? It probably also could mean it's a tight low scoring game - like 23 -17 or something along those lines. If it is a blowout in Seahawks favor, the run totals probably aren't that high for the Lions. I would rather the Seahawks force them to throw the balls because other than St. Brown, their receivers are pedestrian. Besides, that plays into the teeth of the Seahawk strength on defense (their secondary (at least on paper)).
Ok, I feel a little better but Rams first.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
It is a terrible matchup. The strength of their team vs the biggest weakness for the 'Hawks D. We need to score early and often to force them to pass.