LJ Collier

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rat":3sb6zd9b said:
RiverDog":3sb6zd9b said:
Of course, it doesn't help that we almost always trade away our first round pick or trade down accumulate draft picks that we burned in trades. Oddly enough, the only two picks in the past 5 years or so that we hit the jackpot on, Dickson and Metcalf, we actually traded up to get them. I'm beginning to question Schneider's strategy of trading down.

I assume part of the reason they're so gung-ho about trading down and acquiring picks is so they can make a move up for someone like Metcalf, Dickson, or Lockett when they are available in a good spot. It makes sense in theory, but I feel like they've locked too much into it, and have passed on several high-end talents as a result.

That's one possible explanation. Another is that we PC/JS may not be confident of their ability to identify a 'can't miss' prospect that will definitely fit our system, so rather than zero in on a handful of players that likely won't be there anyway, we use the shotgun approach and accumulate multiple lower round draft picks that we can use on more players and increase our chances of hitting the jackpot on one of them.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Inactive again tonight.

A complete, total, unmitigated BUST of a pick.

Next draft we should vote on each rounds picks and follow those picks compared to the asshat reaches PC picks. Wait. Do we have any picks next draft?

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3w54qpou said:
Inactive again tonight.

A complete, total, unmitigated BUST of a pick.

Next draft we should vote on each rounds picks and follow those picks compared to the asshat reaches PC picks. Wait. Do we have any picks next draft?

No need to sugar coat it. Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :D