LOL - Seahawks Are The New Deflategate!

UK_Hawk

Reaction score
Definitely the Panthers...

7L8esdB

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... al-the-win

Although I'm not sure it actually suggests anything with a kick like that, of course the air in the ball will displace won't it? It's not a steel tank after all...

EDIT:

Backed up by this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fap7cz3dYY

Although for why Ryan can seem to crush the ball with one hand, I'll have to agree, he must just be a freak of nature... Although surely if it was deflated, wouldn't the Bills have noticed when they recovered it...?

AgentDib

Reaction score
A few of you may be surprised to know that footballs are full of air and deform under impact. This is the onside kick vs. Carolina where Haush is trying to drive it into the ground and so there's more resistance than on a normal kickoff.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2u4f2y43 said:
Teams don't control the K balls. Non-story.

A few of you may be surprised to know that footballs are full of air and deform under impact. This is the onside kick vs. Carolina where Haush is trying to drive it into the ground and so there's more resistance than on a normal kickoff.

Trust me, facts like these won't matter at all to the NFL front office. These pics are a lot more than they had on Brady.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This could explain it. I actually found these images on the Pats forum.

RtJ38ZnMKgPJusEDhaOPweKOgoyUGRjSTQiw9XhCUOLZ3ZaNI6

Golf ball compression golf ball hit at impact

Heading20the20ball

Bobblehead

Reaction score
LOL
Sucks that we have to use rehashed Patriot excuses.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2hekg995 said:
LOL
Sucks that we have to use rehashed Patriot excuses.

The biggest difference between this supposed issue and the pats is that a deflated ball doesn't help a kicker. It does help a qb who likes the balls at the lower end of the inflation levels.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1aj8emen said:
This could explain it. I actually found these images on the Pats forum.

RtJ38ZnMKgPJusEDhaOPweKOgoyUGRjSTQiw9XhCUOLZ3ZaNI6

[/img]

This one is unbelievable. I don't watch much baseball, but I watched quite a bit of the post season and I found their super slow motion replays of certain hits fascinating as it showed the bat wobbling like rubber when contact was made.

I lost interest in the deflate-whatever story almost immediately, but I'm not sure what these photos prove as it relates to a ball feeling flatter when you hold it as it seems Pats fans may have been using them to prove something. Squeezing the ball does not even come close to delivering the same force as a moving bat, club, or even head.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
These photos from the Pats forum were found in a topic about the Seahawks and Jon Ryan.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1jokp3aa said:
50yrpatsfan":1jokp3aa said:
FlyHawksFly":1jokp3aa said:
Teams don't control the K balls. Non-story.

Trust me, facts like these won't matter at all to the NFL front office. These pics are a lot more than they had on Brady.

Not even gonna touch this, other than saying apples to oranges.

The apples-to-apples point is that any team or player can be accused of absolutely anything, however skinny the evidence, then face a 1-sided prosecutorial witch-hunt process to vet it, be found guilty right or wrong, have no appeal process that passes a straight face test, and suffer consequences that have no precedent in the history of league punishments. You saw that all play out the past 2 years.

They screw up cases when there's no doubt about guilt, but they really screw up cases where there Is doubt.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
50-

We are not going to discuss your team's suspension on the main forum. Feel free to post it in the NFL Forum under one of the handful of threads that already exist on the matter... or a Patriots board.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
LOL, that Jon Ryan blocked is all lights and people wanting to see what they want to see but actually his fingers are close by the black lettering of the Cancer Ribbon making it appear as a shadow that's pressing on the ball. There is one to the left of it and to the right. The TV image is so pixelated.

Images

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah there is no doubt in my mind that it is nothing more than shadowing in the image of him holding the ball. The ones where him and Haush are kicking is explained by the images posted above.

silverandgold

Reaction score
potatohead":3nawvt1y said:
What game is the first game? Looks like San Diego or Detroit or something with the light blue shoes. Also looks like an onside kick judging by where he's kicking the ball.

Must be photoshopped. Player from Carolina, field in Washington :p

The game was in carolina, the Seahawks wore blue in response to the panthers wearing white at home.

A

Anonymous

Footballs are not made of rock or cement, they are flexible.

Go outside and take a look at the radial tires on your car as it is parked. Each should be filled to around 35 psi. Tires are constructed with several layers of nylon and steel belts surrounded by a thick layer of natural and synthetic rubber. They are about 3/8 to 1/2-inch thick at the sidewall.

Notice how they bulge a little at the area touching the ground. Even 18-wheelers with pressures set at 110 psi tires have that bulge and they have sidewalls up to 5/8-inch thick. Sure, cars are about 3600 lbs, and trucks over 12,000, but that weight is distributed over several tires.

A football has an inflation pressure of 11-13 psi and its construction is about a 3/16-inch thick combination of pigskin, over a thin, synthetic rubber bladder.

With significantly less pressure, and a contact patch from a foot surrounded by a rigid plastic protective cup, being swung at the end of a 40 lb leg, attached to a 200 lb angry human, it is going to distort that football at the point of contact, just a little bit...

Latest posts