Mahomes slide.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I didn't watch the whole game - didn't even watch part of it - but saw this, and it's just a BAD look.

Shennanigans. I don't like it. Why didn't he take it in? Is it really to not beat the spread?!

Still 2 minutes on the clock - why wouldn't he want the 7? I can't think of a good reason.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I didn't watch the whole game - didn't even watch part of it - but saw this, and it's just a BAD look.

Shennanigans. I don't like it. Why didn't he take it in? Is it really to not beat the spread?!

Still 2 minutes on the clock - why wouldn't he want the 7? I can't think of a good reason.
Slide means game over. Going in gives the Jets a lifeline, no matter how small. It was the smart, unselfish move. There was a game last year or the year before where an RB, Melvin Gordon I think, reacted at the last second to not score but his momentum took him in. They ended up losing the game.

evergreen

Reaction score
yep Jets get a chance if he scores. no chance otherwise. Check out our game against NO in playoffs a few years back where beast took it in. They scored and recovered onside kick. luckily their receiver threw a forward pass to end it.

SheaD

Reaction score

Not the first time and definitely it won't be the last time it will happen.

Miraculous comebacks can and do occur. Sliding down there and kneeling it out gives them no chance at a comeback.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Cause sliding = victory formation and taking it in means the Jets get the ball back with 1:50 left.

Maybe you should have stopped after "I didn't watch the whole game."

86Hawk

Reaction score
I love it when people that put money on these games whine about the outcome. It's called gambling for a reason.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I love it when people that put money on these games whine about the outcome. It's called gambling for a reason.

That's normal degenerate gambler behavior. The nutballs are the ones who think generational stars like Mahomes are somehow in on the fix. Like the dude needs more money and he's risking his career, reputation and future bazillions worrying about the spread.

So damn dumb.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Cause sliding = victory formation and taking it in means the Jets get the ball back with 1:50 left.

Probably - good point.

Guess I was low on sleep and the whole title with the 'missing the spread' possibly intentionally got me ;)

sutz

Reaction score
Last I heard, players didn't care much about point spreads. 🤷‍♂️

QWERTY

Reaction score
If the score was 20-20, there would be a chance that he scores.

If the score was 23-20, no way, just don't score. Also Jets have 0 Timeouts and they were under 2 minutes.

But if you watched the game, the Refs were helping the Chiefs out, they wanted the chiefs to score a TD. I'm sure Maholmes fked up Vegas as well.

Torc

Reaction score
If the players or coaches (or refs) are in any way changing their behavior on the field for the sake of odds or point spreads, there is a big problem.

Personally, I get zero entertainment from gambling, it's all from the product on the field. I have zero craps to give for people who lose money because the point spread was or wasn't covered. YMMV

Threedee

Reaction score

Well, he got plenty of explanations from people in this thread. I'd say that makes his post worthwhile.