Mark Brunell's hatred of the Seahawks continues

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Or maybe he just thinks the Broncos will win. Lots of people do. I don't understand why we have to question his motives.

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1ipzc0yn said:
Or maybe he just thinks the Broncos will win. Lots of people do. I don't understand why we have to question his motives.

When is continually picks against the 'hawks, even when rationally the we are heavy favorites (see Divisional round game), I think questioning his motives is fair.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Didn't Brunell go bankrupt while still playing in the NFL despite making $30-40 million? Dude is an idiot

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
But it makes us look stupid as collective fans if we continually get upset when anyone picks against us, even if they do it over and over again. Like Merrill Hoge. Who cares? What does it have to do with anything?

Reaction score
Maybe Brunell is still all butt-hurt from when just about all UW fans turned their back on him because he was a dummy and accepted a $4,000 cash loan for a car (or something to that effect) and as a result UW got hit with probation in the early 90's (The era of the t-shirts that said Huskies, 11-0, if you can't beat'em, disqualify'em), then, I'm pretty sure his first or 2nd year in the NFL his team (The Jags?) came to Seattle, and he got booed the whole time he was on the field.

JMR

Reaction score
I suspect in the ex-player crowd, the offensive guys are going with Denver and the defensive guys with the Hawks. That seems to be what's happening without listing them all out to verify, as a trend.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":2syg8dmc said:
......The era of the t-shirts that said Huskies, 11-0, if you can't beat'em, disqualify'em..............
I saw a guy wearing one that said "If you can't beat 'em, sanction 'em" at SeaTac when I flew in from San Diego that era.

hawk79

Reaction score
plyka":15uze68s said:
Just listening to the Podcast of First Take with Mark Brunell. If you remember, this is the same Brunell that picked the Saints twice, the 49ers (if memory serves) and claimed that the Clink was NOT the loudest stadium in the NFL (despite Guiness' claim that it is the loudest stadium in the world), and NOT the hardest place to get a win on the road.

Now you could just hear his glee, when he said: "Next week after Peyton walks in there and wins, he will be the best QB in history..." Next the hot chick asked him: "It's obvious you're leaning towards the Broncos, what's your prediction?" Brunell answers with a 32-17 easy victory for the Broncos.

Unlike most I don't think Seattle has a lot of haters in the media. There is an obvious bias in media people against Seattle, but it's more due to them not caring enough to research/watch the games rather than a bias against. Skip Bayless has a bias against. But that's really the only person I know or think that has a bias against Seattle, except for Brunell.

Anyone know what this guy has against the Seahawks? I feel like he absolutely hates them / disrespects them whenever he gets a chance.

Here's what I love with these guys. Broncos, at home, during the playoffs, they won both games by an average score of 25 points. AT HOME. Yet, Brunell predicts a score of 32-17. So by that logic, San Diego's and New England's defense is much better than ours. Really? Really?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawk79":uy7xodlf said:
Here's what I love with these guys. Broncos, at home, during the playoffs, they won both games by an average score of 25 points. AT HOME. Yet, Brunell predicts a score of 32-17. So by that logic, San Diego's and New England's defense is much better than ours. Really? Really?

How do you concluded that? He has the Broncos beating us by 15pts.

Sac

Reaction score
That's funny. Brunell was the same guy that was plugging RW for MVP on ESPN First Take after the first Saints game.

kearly

Reaction score
There isn't a team in the NFL who looks for bulletin board material more than the Seahawks. Predictions like these are a good thing.

Mitch

Reaction score
Brunell is a tool, a Redskin homer, and just not very bright. Kind of embarrassed he played college ball in our state!

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
stmcmurray":3fft6opo said:
Also, if memory serves me correctly, Brunell was QB of the Redskins when we beat them here in 05/06 in the Divisional round.
Pretty sure 05 was Jason Campbell and 06 was Todd Collins.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
stmcmurray":1o7aaruw said:
Also, if memory serves me correctly, Brunell was QB of the Redskins when we beat them here in 05/06 in the Divisional round.

Well he might have been with the team but Collins started that game. Not Penn State Collins but Michigan Collins.

OP
OP
plyka

plyka

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3a9ov2sm said:
But it makes us look stupid as collective fans if we continually get upset when anyone picks against us, even if they do it over and over again. Like Merrill Hoge. Who cares? What does it have to do with anything?

You say who cares but start your post by worrying what other people think of Seattle fans. So I'll ask your question, why do you care what the media says or thinks about you or Seattle?

The truth is he is entitled to his opinion and we are entitled to say he is wrong or is an idiot. This is a forum where anyone can start a thread. There are thousands of threads to choose from there is no reason why you have to read this one if it doesn't fancy you.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Vetamur":13v1hmk9 said:
Didnt Brunell go to UW? Havent heard about his bias.

I think Marshall Faulk has the most obvious bias of anyone Ive watched or read much from.

I agree about Brunell ( he was a Husky btw) yet this last week finally after years of blatant Hawk hate, Faulk gave
the Hawks lots of love.

seahawksny

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":1bxkuy2o said:
stmcmurray":1bxkuy2o said:

06 was Todd Collins.
05 was brunell.
Campbell wasnt there yet. If he was, he Didnt start

seahawksny

Reaction score
Bayless actually finally saw the light. Im not sure who he picks in this game but his fascination with the niners was tamed when we got home field in playoffs. He said that nobody was going into seattle and winning. Which was what ended up happening.

Brunell is more like dilfer who will pick against us no matter who we play

JMR

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":pa9zvbob said:
stmcmurray":pa9zvbob said:
No, it was Brunell who played against us in '05. Todd Collins faced us two years later in the playoffs.

profootballreference.com