Not open for further replies.

chris98251

Reaction score
Washington49er":2n0vvecv said:
SantaClaraHawk":2n0vvecv said:
Niner fan reaction here:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/12/24 ... k-17-49ers

Leave it to Pete Carroll to exploit a rule violation by the guy he is signing
Lynch’s time with the Raiders abruptly ended in 2018, when he suffered a groin injury—cruelly, against Seattle—that saw him placed on injured reserve. Lynch’s contract with Oakland expired after last season, and though he was presumed to have retired once again, the enigmatic tailback never filed his papers—which is why he is able to sign with the Seahawks so late in the season.
Even when it’s strictly a PR move, Carroll can’t help himself from exploiting self created rule violations to do something that otherwise is illegal. So now this transaction is fully explained. Petes deal with the devil requires a quota of cheating in return for ridiculous luck and bad calls, and this move added to the systemic PED and drug violations, and the convicted felon on his roster, brings his account with the devil current through christmas.

----

I got a similar reaction when I told the resident 9er SO. It's NOT CHEATING. Lynch didn't sign his retirement papers with Oakland because his contract expired. He's as much a UFA as CJ Anderson or Turbin.

So then people are snarking that they might as well get Bowman. He signed a one-day contract to retire a 49er in June so that deadline is past.

I don't think its illegal, imoral, cheating or anything like that.

I do think it smacks of desperation and isn't a good look for the Hawks.

If the 49ers suddenly can't win because ML is back after riding a couch this long they wont make it far in the playoffs anyway.

That's kind of the whole point :)

Tell me the 49ers would not be beating the streets with one RB on their roster that could play also. That is a desperate situation in week 17 with no options other then former players that could pick up some of the playbook quickly knowing many of the formations.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Washington49er":261thefu said:

If the 49ers suddenly can't win because ML is back after riding a couch this long they wont make it far in the playoffs anyway.

It IS a desperation/PR move by us, no doubt. But that's not all it is.

When you're down to one dude at RB, you have to fix it immediately. If you guys lost all your WRs, you'd probably kick the tires on Crabtree. If Willis/Bow had officially unretired and had 2018 experience, you would have already kicked the tires on them.

If Lynch or Turbin monumentally fail, they'll bring in one of the other RBs they tried out. Or Ajayi if he clears waivers and we play PHI.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Washington49er":2yvxkry6 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2yvxkry6 said:
Niner fan reaction here:

Lynch’s time with the Raiders abruptly ended in 2018, when he suffered a groin injury—cruelly, against Seattle—that saw him placed on injured reserve. Lynch’s contract with Oakland expired after last season, and though he was presumed to have retired once again, the enigmatic tailback never filed his papers—which is why he is able to sign with the Seahawks so late in the season.
Even when it’s strictly a PR move, Carroll can’t help himself from exploiting self created rule violations to do something that otherwise is illegal. So now this transaction is fully explained. Petes deal with the devil requires a quota of cheating in return for ridiculous luck and bad calls, and this move added to the systemic PED and drug violations, and the convicted felon on his roster, brings his account with the devil current through christmas.

----

I got a similar reaction when I told the resident 9er SO. It's NOT CHEATING. Lynch didn't sign his retirement papers with Oakland because his contract expired. He's as much a UFA as CJ Anderson or Turbin.

So then people are snarking that they might as well get Bowman. He signed a one-day contract to retire a 49er in June so that deadline is past.

We are desperate.
Nobody has denied that.
It’s the only reason we are having this discussion.

Seymour

Reaction score
Washington49er":3k8j84my said:

And I have another newsflash!!!

That avatar is not a good look for a Washingtonian. :roll:

Washington49er

Reaction score
Washington49er":2m28r82z said:
SantaClaraHawk":2m28r82z said:
Niner fan reaction here:

----

Context is really hard to express in this type of post or text, so let me elaborate a little.

When I say "it smacks of desperation" and not a good look, I simply mean I understand and it sucks to have to go to those lengths because of the situation. Honestly I know ML was a huge part of the success of the Hawks in recent years but the relationship between PC and ML was strained at best, I really think that PC will put on a smile and hide the fact that he hates that the Hawks had to make this move.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Washington49er":2802eguy said:
Washington49er":2802eguy said:
SantaClaraHawk":2802eguy said:
Niner fan reaction here:

----

Context is really hard to express in this type of post or text, so let me elaborate a little.

When I say "it smacks of desperation" and not a good look, I simply mean I understand and it sucks to have to go to those lengths because of the situation. Honestly I know ML was a huge part of the success of the Hawks in recent years but the relationship between PC and ML was strained at best, I really think that PC will put on a smile and hide the fact that he hates that the Hawks had to make this move.

Maybe hates it because we’re in the situation at all but if you’re insinuating that he hates it because it’s Lynch, I’d call BS.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Seymour":1tvq8ff1 said:
Washington49er":1tvq8ff1 said:

And I have another newsflash!!!

That avatar is not a good look for a Washingtonian. :roll:

I'm a transplant from the bay area, Many of my friends have asked why I since I live here now, why I don't root for the Hawks? I just can't bring myself to do it and I wouldn't want to be part of the new 12s for many reasons which I'm sure as long time Hawk fans you can appreciate.

Washington49er

Reaction score
pmedic920":32y18y02 said:
Washington49er":32y18y02 said:
Washington49er":32y18y02 said:
SantaClaraHawk":32y18y02 said:
Niner fan reaction here:

----

Maybe hates it because we’re in the situation at all but if you’re insinuating that he hates it because it’s Lynch, I’d call BS.

A lot of you said the same thing about the whole RW, GT thing as well. PC is the one that told ML when he was holding out to honor his contract and get back to work, this from the guy left his contract to go to the Hawks. The relationship with PC and ML was strained from that point. I think its like if PC had to bring back ET after the whole flipping the bird thing.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Washington49er":1wc2th7h said:
pmedic920":1wc2th7h said:

A lot of you said the same thing about the whole RW, GT thing as well. PC is the one that told ML when he was holding out to honor his contract and get back to work, this from the guy left his contract to go to the Hawks. The relationship with PC and ML was strained from that point. I think its like if PC had to bring back ET after the whole flipping the bird thing.
PC is a man and an adult, any hard feeling were forgotten years ago, I'm sure they loved each other long before we needed running backs. Just because you hold a grudge doesn't mean ML & PC do. Those guys have been to war together, that builds strong bonds that aren't easily broken.
I've never been a ML fan, but this is great stuff, and if it goes well, this is the stuff movies are made of. If it doesn't work out, life goes on, it's just a game.
Many years ago, a Dodger, I think it was willy Davis, after making a huge blinder in a World Series game, said "it's not my life and it's not my wife so why worry". there are more important things in life than winning a game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Washington49er":2ka55s05 said:
pmedic920":2ka55s05 said:

Pete was being a GM/Coach/ President of Football operations and has to wear those hats in given situations, I really think the biggest issue was Bevell and not trusting him to make that TD on the goal line, remember Bevell wanted to run the pass play and Pete okayed it. That's Bevell not trusting the O line and Lynch.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Washington49er":33bsax7a said:
pmedic920":33bsax7a said:

Spin it whatever way you see fit, I stand my ground.

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":1349l5fl said:
Washington49er":1349l5fl said:
pmedic920":1349l5fl said:
Washington49er":1349l5fl said:

Pete was being a GM/Coach/ President of Football operations and has to wear those hats in given situations, I really think the biggest issue was Bevell and not trusting him to make that TD on the goal line, remember Bevell wanted to run the pass play and Pete okayed it. That's Bevell not trusting the O line and Lynch.
That play will be forever be on Carroll . And he's still calling offensive plays ? Give me a phukin break.

sutz

Reaction score
Washington49er":2shh7pmh said:
Your pop psychology analysis of Pete and 'Shawn is cute. :snack:

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":3opf5nkx said:
chris98251":3opf5nkx said:
Washington49er":3opf5nkx said:
pmedic920":3opf5nkx said:

That play will be forever be on Carroll . And he's still calling offensive plays ? Give me a phukin break.

He okayed it Bevell called it, Go give yourself a phuckin break.

chris98251

Reaction score
Four earthquakes struck off the coast of Vancouver Island on Monday, including two 6.0 magnitude earthquakes at 11:49 a.m. and 12:56 p.m.

Ok, the stars are aligning.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I can’t get the video to post but here’s a couple screenshots.

Maybe someone can find the video.

I got chuckle.
bd2fb5c1c040dc07c65c57503ce90fe4.jpg

88afc59ce7c8b47d4f9c17dd626a7d8b.jpg

3a51a3a1190b5b959676e533d4501709.jpg

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Washington49er":tnbwn9to said:
SantaClaraHawk":tnbwn9to said:
Niner fan reaction here:

----

At this point in the year what options can you think of there on the street that wouldn’t look questionable? Even non Hawk fans seem to love this move so “not a good look” isn’t a wide view

Status
Not open for further replies.