Metcalf in a Deebo Samual role

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Why not put 14 in a role similar to what 9ers do with Samual? He'd be perfect. One of the reason 9ers use Samual like that is he's not the greatest route runner from what I read. I don't know if DK is or not, but his speed and size, seems like there is a opp for him in that kind of role.

knownone

Reaction score
That's interesting. Deebo and Metcalf have different skill sets. Deebo is one of the most elusive ball carriers in the league. And Metcalf doesn't have the lateral agility to excel in that role. JSN, however, is perfect for a similar role.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Under another coach? Absolutely. He would excel. He has worse hands, but would be a hell of a threat. He is slower to get up to speed, but more inertia. He would level a few defenders for sure. Deebo is more shifty. But Metcalf has more power.
If DK was in SF, it would work. Here? Doubtful.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Deebo has superior change of speeds/ change of direction. DK is like a muscle car, takes him a bit to get going, but once he hits top gear it's over.

It would be interesting seeing more sweeps and reverses to DK, but the handoffs and backfield stuff I don't think is DK's game

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
That's interesting. Deebo and Metcalf have different skill sets. Deebo is one of the most elusive ball carriers in the league. And Metcalf doesn't have the lateral agility to excel in that role. JSN, however, is perfect for a similar role.
;yeah.. he's mercury.. JSN that is... and he would have another demension.. he's a route runner