Michael Bennett sack penalty

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pete has a lot of tape to send in to the league offices again this week. I expect to hear another "hee hee um sorry we blew that call" response from the league again this week, followed up by the league doing absolutely NOTHING about the piss poor officiating that doesn't negatively effect the NFL's favorite teams.

drdiags

Reaction score
The Brady rule isn't intended to be fair. Cannot have the high priced guys getting hurt with guys on the ground going for the sack. If that is one of the younger, non-descript QBs, maybe it doesn't get called?. Its tough to play defense in the NFL, but they are paid hundred of thousands of dollars to be precise in their targeting.

Multi-million dollar investments are just going to be coddled. That is the NFL so nothing new.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I've seen many QBs wrapped up by their ankles without penalty.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
drdiags":1yuttj0p said:
The Brady rule isn't intended to be fair. Cannot have the high priced guys getting hurt with guys on the ground going for the sack. If that is one of the younger, non-descript QBs, maybe it doesn't get called?. Its tough to play defense in the NFL, but they are paid hundred of thousands of dollars to be precise in their targeting.

Multi-million dollar investments are just going to be coddled. That is the NFL so nothing new.

Fantastic.

Then at least make sure the "Brady Rule" actually happened before throwing the flag and extending a drive that was done.

warden

Reaction score
drdiags":2l1jo5xh said:

Yep greed and fantasy football are more important then good football

drrew

Reaction score
It was a sack, he got credit for it, as did Avril on the horse collar call. To me, that makes it even more idiotic.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Since you can't tackle high and you can't tackle low....just change the rules....two hand touch on the QB from now on.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Peyton got wrapped up by the ankles today. Didn't get called.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seems like every week there are a large handful of penalties that shouldnt be called. That was ridiculous.

Rainger

Reaction score
Largent80":2f4my2jy said:
Seems like every week there are a large handful of penalties that shouldnt be called. That was ridiculous.
National Fixed League. Make calls to benefit what the NFL wants in the show or call penalties to ensure that the betting and money the refs families have on the game is protected.

kearly

Reaction score
Decent rule, but kinda hard to enforce. Bennett was the victim of a botched call.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":291u00pt said:
I've seen many QBs wrapped up by their ankles without penalty.
And you will continue to see it go un-flagged, because it was a mistake by the Ref that threw the flag, but there's no repercussions for derelict calls by the REGULAR Refs.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
rainger":1zhoxxnc said:
Largent80":1zhoxxnc said:
National Fixed League. Make calls to benefit what the NFL wants in the show or call penalties to ensure that the betting and money the refs families have on the game is protected.

Why even watch then?

amill87

Reaction score
I think the refs are the single biggest issue in the league right now. They are terrible more than they are adequate. But they got this one right, Bennett's shoulder pads hit Ryan in the knee. The one on Manning, they guy reached out and pulled him down by the ankle. I will try to get a snap shot later tonight.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
amill87":2g7j0732 said:
I think the refs are the single biggest issue in the league right now. They are terrible more than they are adequate. But they got this one right, Bennett's shoulder pads hit Ryan in the knee. The one on Manning, they guy reached out and pulled him down by the ankle. I will try to get a snap shot later tonight.

And there most certainly is a distinction there.

For another example of a poor call see: Jets on Brees last week.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2z095xt6 said:
MrCarey":2z095xt6 said:
Peyton got wrapped up by the ankles today. Didn't get called.

If it was a blow to the knees you would have.
But it wasn't and it wasn't even close. Are you defending this ridiculous rule and the even worse interpretation therein?

Latest posts