My interaction w/ Niner fans this week

NINEster

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1n830a56 said:
I actually post on the webzone quite frequently. A few of them are alright. But some of them as soon as they see the word "Hawk" in your name it's like gloves off dukes up. I will say this, I think the hatred from Niner fans towards the Seahawks (and their fans) is way more than the hatred from Hawk fans towards the Niners (and their fans). i.e. I think the most we tend to see here is people calling them forty whiners and referring to Harbaugh and CK as douches. Over there I mean it's like "screw the (insert every insulting spin-off of Seahawks you can imagine)", constant referring to PEDs and cheating, insuiating that our ENTIRE fanbase is exactly what was shown in the beats commercial, classless arrogant trash etc. etc. It would appear like we're the new Raider nation or something.

The hatred for Harbaugh & Kaepernick IMHO exceeds the hatred for Carroll & Wilson, on average.

The animosity towards Kaepernick I see quite often here (most of it not even football related) is annoying....the nicknames and chastising of his every move.

Comical.

Exittium

Reaction score
NINEster":3dpqspui said:
ZagHawk":3dpqspui said:
I actually post on the webzone quite frequently. A few of them are alright. But some of them as soon as they see the word "Hawk" in your name it's like gloves off dukes up. I will say this, I think the hatred from Niner fans towards the Seahawks (and their fans) is way more than the hatred from Hawk fans towards the Niners (and their fans). i.e. I think the most we tend to see here is people calling them forty whiners and referring to Harbaugh and CK as douches. Over there I mean it's like "screw the (insert every insulting spin-off of Seahawks you can imagine)", constant referring to PEDs and cheating, insuiating that our ENTIRE fanbase is exactly what was shown in the beats commercial, classless arrogant trash etc. etc. It would appear like we're the new Raider nation or something.

The hatred for Harbaugh & Kaepernick IMHO exceeds the hatred for Carroll & Wilson, on average.

The animosity towards Kaepernick I see quite often here (most of it not even football related) is annoying....the nicknames and chastising of his every move.

Comical.

Well for better and more polite terms, Duh! of course the hatred is going to be more here, your on a seahawks board, and if its annoying well.. I need no say more :)

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Great job, OP. I feel like you, when I put on my #3 jersey and venture out into the world I aim to represent with class and composure. Our QB leads by example.

Dr. Diags, great points and a good chuckle too. :)

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Dude, if would probably take that pic down. They're pretty strict here at Boeing about that kind of stuff. Unless you got permission of course. ;)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Im going to let the team do the talking for me. Im not going to bash the 49ers at all and im not going to say anything back to any of my friends that are 49er fans.

Just today someone posted "I can't wait to drink up all the Seahawk fans sad sad tears" on Facebook. I was going to type something back but then caught myself.

I dont know about you but im just letting the team talk for me. No point in arguing or bashing 49er fans. If we win I am not going to badmouth them either. Its about US, its about the SEAHAWKS, not about anyone else. Im taking a que from the team. IGNORE THE NOISE, who cares what everyone else thinks.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":1p5k6m29 said:
Dude, if would probably take that pic down. They're pretty strict here at Boeing about that kind of stuff. Unless you got permission of course. ;)

Meh. They're not as strict as they used to be. Everybody has a camera (phone) in their pocket now, and they know it's pretty much impossible to enforce. Besides, my supervisor was standing right there laughing when we took the pic, and I don't think Airbus is gonna be able to glean anything off the 777 43 section floors in the background. Plus I didn't take the pic... So I got that going for me... That's why its all fuzzy btw. :)

tooshort

Reaction score
My only co-worker that's a (looongtime) Niners fan(and a closet RW fan) does our books and won't be in until Sunday. On the outside of the daily closing 9x12 envelopes for the last 3 days I've been writing "Go Hawks!" and then a little note that says "sorry if the daily batch is hard to read, something weird is going on with the printer!"

I'm sure he will be incredibly enthused when he delves into the last week of paperwork just before he can head home to watch the game. What he will find on all the closing reports is not a problem with the work printer at all. I brought half a ream of paper from home that was printed with twelfth man flags, Bam bam's knockout shot on VD , Crabtree Ducking under a TD pass in his first Qwest/Clink experience, Kaepernick's Clink "Eli Manning face", and multiple "Harbaugh being the whiny brother" shots and used it for the back of each and every sheet.

If I didn't work under owners who sponsored my trip to Atlanta last year as a "trip to check out the ATL operation", I might be worried... Nope, not scurred in the slightest.... Just like how I feel about Sunday :mrgreen:

OP
OP
HawkHouse

HawkHouse

Reaction score
NINEster":a8r7i1qn said:
ZagHawk":a8r7i1qn said:

Comical.

Dude, I feel ya ... I don't like it either, that is, when it crosses the line and goes beyond good clean fun. But just like you said, you see it on both sides. The amount of which is nearly impossible to accurately quantify, so I don't know that's it's fair to say it happens more here than over there or vise versa. Your opinion, which I respect, is merely based on your observations as one single person.

The one thing that is for certain though is that it happens on both sides and sometimes goes to far in some peoples eyes.

It's o.k. to tell someone that their team sucks, just hand them a beer while you're saying it. And then, while they're drinking the beer, explain to them why. :D

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkHouse":12vl78hr said:
It's o.k. to tell someone that their team sucks, just hand them a beer while you're saying it. And then, while they're drinking the beer, explain to them why. :D

:lol: :lol:

Perfect approach. Love it.

OP
OP
HawkHouse

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Popeyejones":qhnzlx1n said:
HawkHouse":qhnzlx1n said:

Thanks PJ, it's like a social slight of hand, ya know?

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
HawkHouse":7k0cyc5n said:
NINEster":7k0cyc5n said:
ZagHawk":7k0cyc5n said:

Comical.

Dude, I feel ya ... I don't like it either, that is, when it crosses the line and goes beyond good clean fun. But just like you said, you see it on both sides. The amount of which is nearly impossible to accurately quantify, so I don't know that's it's fair to say it happens more here than over there or vise versa. Your opinion, which I respect, is merely based on your observations as one single person.

The one thing that is for certain though is that it happens on both sides and sometimes goes to far in some peoples eyes.
ZagHawk was the first to insinuate that 49ers fans hate the Seahawks more. I don't know why you didn't call him out... which I, by the way, think is entirely inaccurate and can be quantified. If you listen to Seattle and San Francisco's respective radio stations, there is a lot more discourse about Harbaugh being enemy #1 and Kaepernick being an immature punk. Brock and Danny have a gig going of where they loop Harbaugh quotes. They also invite guests like Cowherd on the show and literally almost cry when someone says the 49ers have a more talented team. Brock and Danny dedicated an entire segment on when Seahawks fans first developed their hated of the 49ers. Your fanbase made slanted and biased instagram comparisons between the QBs, which went global. And you guys decided to fly a flag over Candlestick. You have restaurants publicly displaying photos of Harbaugh and Kap as cartoon caricatures. It's kind of sad how much your city hates the 49ers. And you won't see any of that in SF.

KNBR and other 49ers stations rarely even talk about the Seahawks. It's mostly X's and O's and discussion on the 49ers. No child-like segments on the Hawks, or raging listeners calling in to voice their hatred.

It might sound like I'm whining, but I think it is absolutely audacious to say that 49ers fans hate the Seahawks more than vice versa. It's just not true.

Baba Ganoush

Reaction score
Being a 49er fan it really does feel like everyone hates Kaepernick more so than they hate the actual team. I think Kap is the new "heel" in the league. People truly LOVE to hate him. I have fans that are Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers and Bears fans and they all feel the same way.

Most everyone here is even tempered about the game but excited! Unless Kap is able to manage the environment it will be a long day.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Baba Ganoush":3uufq0tu said:
Being a 49er fan it really does feel like everyone hates Kaepernick more so than they hate the actual team. I think Kap is the new "heel" in the league. People truly LOVE to hate him. I have fans that are Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers and Bears fans and they all feel the same way.

Most everyone here is even tempered about the game but excited! Unless Kap is able to manage the environment it will be a long day.
I'm a younger guy and all of my friends, non of which are 49ers fans, like Kap. I think it is a generational thing (or a Seahawk fan thing)

The Radish

Reaction score
My wife is still doing pool rehab and one of the instructors is a former Marine, body builder, and ninnir fan. I've never said a word about sports, tho the wife and I both normally wear a Seahawks jacket or sweater when there.

One day as we're leaving just before the Saints game he says, "well your Hawks are going to get their ass kicked tomorrow". I just looked at him and didn't say a word.

Thursday I had to take a magazine to him the wife had saved on head injurys he was interested in. He's in the pool supervisors office and says "well you're teams going to get the shit kicked out of them Sunday". I was really surprised as I hadn't said a word. So I said, "maybe so but I don't think the Niners match up well with the Seahawks".

Jesus Christ he starts the usual bullshit, oh you don't have any rings, we have 5, has a picture on his phone to show me of suckers we have. I said,,,,"Ben you weren't even born the last time they won a SuperB owl. But I'm not here to call names. If you want to talk specifics then lets do, if you're just going to harrass me and my team don't waste my time.

He kept at it during the time they were doing the wife's rehab, and while she was changing clothes he starts in with the next guy in the pool bad mouthing the Hawks the entire time. Not talking football mind you but just bashing anyone else for daring to be a fan of some other team.

I told the wife we are done doing her rehab there. We have to do a couple more there but then we are changing. I told him and his supervisor,,"sports are one thing, but BUSINESS IS BUSINESS! I'm going to complain to their immediate superiors when we are there tuesday.

So no one can tell me what good fans the ninnir fans are. I've had this happen numerous times over here when I have not said a word just walking along minding my own business. Can't wait for us to win Sunday and see what he has to say then. Also if the dreaded loss should happen I don't want to walk in there, but I will because I'm not a one way ninnir type fan.

:141847_bnono:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Radish":1lsh6p4g said:
My wife is still doing pool rehab and one of the instructors is a former Marine, body builder, and ninnir fan. I've never said a word about sports, tho the wife and I both normally wear a Seahawks jacket or sweater when there.

One day as we're leaving just before the Saints game he says, "well your Hawks are going to get their ass kicked tomorrow". I just looked at him and didn't say a word.

Thursday I had to take a magazine to him the wife had saved on head injurys he was interested in. He's in the pool supervisors office and says "well you're teams going to get the shit kicked out of them Sunday". I was really surprised as I hadn't said a word. So I said, "maybe so but I don't think the Niners match up well with the Seahawks".

Jesus Christ he starts the usual bullshit, oh you don't have any rings, we have 5, has a picture on his phone to show me of suckers we have. I said,,,,"Ben you weren't even born the last time they won a SuperB owl. But I'm not here to call names. If you want to talk specifics then lets do, if you're just going to harrass me and my team don't waste my time.

He kept at it during the time they were doing the wife's rehab, and while she was changing clothes he starts in with the next guy in the pool bad mouthing the Hawks the entire time. Not talking football mind you but just bashing anyone else for daring to be a fan of some other team.

I told the wife we are done doing her rehab there. We have to do a couple more there but then we are changing. I told him and his supervisor,,"sports are one thing, but BUSINESS IS BUSINESS! I'm going to complain to their immediate superiors when we are there tuesday.

So on one can tell me what good fans the ninnir fans are. I've had this happen numerous times over here when I have not said a word just walking along minding my own business. Can't wait for us to win Sunday and see what he has to say then. Also if the dreaded loss should happen I don't want to walk in there, but I will because I'm not a one way ninnir type fan.

:141847_bnono:
Sorry to hear that Les, but not surprised in the least. In my former PT job at the lanes, had to deal with Stealer fans from time to time, kept my mouth shut because that was best for business, the only thing that mattered was their money was green.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1cqwdabb said:
This is a pic of two of my coworkers at Boeing shot this morning. During our morning meeting we noticed they were wearing pretty much the identical shirt and hat of the two teams. The Niner fan has been my best friend at work for 16 years. But he likes the Seahawks about as much as he likes the Niners. It's just that he grew up in California and the Niners were his first love, but he's lived up here most of his life. He has a cabinet at his house that's a pretty impressive shrine of Niner and Seahawks stuff, so he can't really lose Sunday, though he really wants his Niners to take it. We don't smack talk each other because we're both nervous as hell about the game.

IMG 20140117 052336 660

They shot both? Why not just shoot the Niner fan twice?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I just like to keep the 49rs fans that try boasting the Lombardi, grounded with a little truth.
Truth like, you can no longer BUY those, and that, that's why they have gone through their long drought without owning another one.
You now actually have to play the games on a way more level playing field.
If the CAP weren't in the way, do you think Paul Allen could afford to BUY a Lombardi team? I do.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
BlueThunder":yipphfxc said:
This is a pic of two of my coworkers at Boeing shot this morning. During our morning meeting we noticed they were wearing pretty much the identical shirt and hat of the two teams. The Niner fan has been my best friend at work for 16 years. But he likes the Seahawks about as much as he likes the Niners. It's just that he grew up in California and the Niners were his first love, but he's lived up here most of his life. He has a cabinet at his house that's a pretty impressive shrine of Niner and Seahawks stuff, so he can't really lose Sunday, though he really wants his Niners to take it. We don't smack talk each other because we're both nervous as hell about the game.

IMG 20140117 052336 660
awesome pic and anecdote BT :thirishdrinkers:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3eogsbdr said:
HawkHouse":3eogsbdr said:

Oh ya....I remember that one...I call it the Sheldon Cooper effect. He says that you preface a conversation with a gift...a beer would apply as gift or food item.
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":2o4wdn43 said:
KNBR and other 49ers stations rarely even talk about the Seahawks. It's mostly X's and O's and discussion on the 49ers. No child-like segments on the Hawks, or raging listeners calling in to voice their hatred.

It might sound like I'm whining, but I think it is absolutely audacious to say that 49ers fans hate the Seahawks more than vice versa. It's just not true.

I think this is a ridiculous post. Niner fans have been hating the Hawks bad before the Hawks fans even knew it. Going back to the 6 game winning streak in 03, 04 and 05. Even after the first time the Hawks beat them as an NFCW rival. The SF fans I talked to hated losing to a team that hadn't won a Super Bowl. The Niners message boards celebrated injuries to Seahawk players and were diminishing the Hawks of 2005 all season.

We hardly mentioned the Niners like that in the earlier versions of this message board. We were more concerned with the Rams by far. In 2005 the Hawks went 13-3 and to the Super Bowl. Without provocation Niner Nation implemented order 66 which is to inject the phrase "5 Super Bowl wins" into anything that mentioned the Hawks. They had no realistic view of anything, they would not be caught dead even admitting that the Hawks were good. Ever.

I personally despise the Niners and especially the fans because they spend more time figuring out ways to diminish anything the Hawks have done than admitting that they are a good team. When the Niners FINALLY had a winning season you didn't see the same from Seahawks fans, it was common knowledge and fact, so most of us looked at the Niners as a threat and a formidable opponent.

One year of success and many Seahawks fans understood the Niners were/are good. It is easy to see that it doesn't work the other way around and that "hating" is something that the Niner fans are experts at.