Nail in the Coffin

Tinamedina

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8hsmhf7f said:
TwistedHusky":8hsmhf7f said:
HOF caliber QBs are extremely concerned about their legacy. In fact, the people I know who work with HOF players will tell you that getting into the HOF is more important than winning a SB to most of them. But, if near a decade of falling short in the playoffs starts to impact a player's legacy? Then they are often going to look to find a way to fix that, sometimes by changing scenery.

Everything you say is true, I'm only arguing the fact that you guys are living in a world of certainty, and I'm saying there is no proof or evidence to back up your and other's opinion including Russell himself that he'd be a better QB under another HC.

In fact I think this entire thing is blown out of proportion, especially from Wilson's camp. He rashly allowed his emotions after watching Brady in the SB to put out a public statement about not being happy with how he's being protected and used here, and everyone is using that as some indictment on Pete.

Pete and John did listen, and they have been listening to all their star players, especially Russell. Thus the hiring of Waldron, and numerous draft and personnel moves over the off season TO try to improve the offense and their relationship with their star QB.

It's Russell that for some reason needed his ego stroked and needed some attention showered upon him to feel heard. I can tell you one thing, I sure as hell trust the calm methodical approach that John and Pete have used to build our team into one of the top 5-10 franchises in the NFL for going on 12 years now, over a QB that spends his off seasons making cheesy IG Cabo posts and getting slimed on Nickelodeon award shows who doesn't spend even 1% of the time our personnel department and coaches do in player acquisition and development.

Shane waldron was hired mainly because other OCs didnt want to come to Seattle. Before him, it was dude from the chargers and guy who worked with the raiders? A couple OCs declined to interview, why? Pete Carroll, that's why.

As far as player acquisition goes, wilson has tried to get several players on our team JOHN SCHNEIDER dropped the ball every time.

LTH

Reaction score
Tinamedina":2bjsr9xk said:
Sgt. Largent":2bjsr9xk said:
TwistedHusky":2bjsr9xk said:
HOF caliber QBs are extremely concerned about their legacy. In fact, the people I know who work with HOF players will tell you that getting into the HOF is more important than winning a SB to most of them. But, if near a decade of falling short in the playoffs starts to impact a player's legacy? Then they are often going to look to find a way to fix that, sometimes by changing scenery.

Everything you say is true, I'm only arguing the fact that you guys are living in a world of certainty, and I'm saying there is no proof or evidence to back up your and other's opinion including Russell himself that he'd be a better QB under another HC.

In fact I think this entire thing is blown out of proportion, especially from Wilson's camp. He rashly allowed his emotions after watching Brady in the SB to put out a public statement about not being happy with how he's being protected and used here, and everyone is using that as some indictment on Pete.

Pete and John did listen, and they have been listening to all their star players, especially Russell. Thus the hiring of Waldron, and numerous draft and personnel moves over the off season TO try to improve the offense and their relationship with their star QB.

It's Russell that for some reason needed his ego stroked and needed some attention showered upon him to feel heard. I can tell you one thing, I sure as hell trust the calm methodical approach that John and Pete have used to build our team into one of the top 5-10 franchises in the NFL for going on 12 years now, over a QB that spends his off seasons making cheesy IG Cabo posts and getting slimed on Nickelodeon award shows who doesn't spend even 1% of the time our personnel department and coaches do in player acquisition and development.

Shane waldron was hired mainly because other OCs didnt want to come to Seattle. Before him, it was dude from the chargers and guy who worked with the raiders? A couple OCs declined to interview, why? Pete Carroll, that's why.

As far as player acquisition goes, wilson has tried to get several players on our team JOHN SCHNEIDER dropped the ball every time.

Post a source?

LTH

hoxrox

Reaction score
Tinamedina":1txlppk0 said:

You mean like when Russell Wilson recruited Greg Olsen? Yeah, that worked out wonderfully.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
hoxrox":2cd8ec5g said:
Tinamedina":2cd8ec5g said:

You mean like when Russell Wilson recruited Greg Olsen? Yeah, that worked out wonderfully.

Wilson wanted a superstar TE, john Schneider went got a 35 year old, injury prone TE and gave him 7 million dollars.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Tinamedina":17qnajoo said:
hoxrox":17qnajoo said:
Tinamedina":17qnajoo said:

Wilson wanted a superstar TE, john Schneider went got a 35 year old, injury prone TE and gave him 7 million dollars.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... greg-olsen

Schneider noted that Wilson was a part of recruiting Olsen as soon as the Panthers decided to release him.

"Russ was down at the Super Bowl with him too, and those two had been talking a bunch," Schneider said.

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":1fb6nzdz said:
Tinamedina":1fb6nzdz said:
hoxrox":1fb6nzdz said:
Tinamedina":1fb6nzdz said:

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... greg-olsen

Schneider noted that Wilson was a part of recruiting Olsen as soon as the Panthers decided to release him.

"Russ was down at the Super Bowl with him too, and those two had been talking a bunch," Schneider said.

Or like being one of the main reasons Carson came back, and we got Dunlap back etc etc.

Your link is great but no weer does it state that getting him was Wilson's idea only that he helped get him. So it is very possible that the FO wanted him and ask Wilson to help.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tinamedina":1maod1j4 said:
hoxrox":1maod1j4 said:
Tinamedina":1maod1j4 said:

This year went and got Everett out of the gate.
Lets see, Rice, Graham, Olsen, a ton of draft picks granted most didn't work out, Lockett, Metcalf, did however as did Tate, had others come in but didn't work out. Brown being one of lets not forget about Percy Harvin.

You have no argument, and these names just sunk any type of credibility you were trying to get.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't think that Wilson is a great pseudo-GM with regard to FAs if you look at the Greg trade.

The Greg O thing was a failure. Then again the fat FA RB from GB was a failure too and Wilson had nothing to do with it. Cost about the same amount too.

Wilson failed with one FA, if he was the catalyst. But this FO fails regularly with FAs and trades for high-cost players.

Old players are a gamble. Greg was a gamble just like Irvin was. Irvin was a failure for us too. It happens.

The larger issue is that Wilson demanding to make these decisions shows he has a lack of confidence in the ability of this FO to fill holes. Which makes sense, since our FO sucks at filling holes on the roster. Wilson feels he has to do something. He asks for a FA move, gets the ask, and it does not work out.

Pointing out the single failure by Wilson is interesting though. Just because this FO has a string of failures as bad, if not worse. They also have some home runs, like Carlos - but a sample size of 1 is hardly a great indicator of anything.

However, Wilson asking for a seat at the table seems to mean he doesn't our FO's personnel decisions. If Wilson does not like the decisions this FO makes to support him, then he has the obligation to call out this FO for its failure. And if it shakes him off, then is that it?

Or does he start pushing to go somewhere else where they do a better job of supporting him?

There is no way to address this argument because we have a year before we find out. It shouldn't be that shocking though if he did, right? He certainly seems to have plenty of incentives.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I actually don't mind Russ actively recruiting players. It was a swing and a miss. It happens.

But to say that the FO doesn't listen to Russ or his input - that's just not true. Especially in light of all the moves they've made in this offseason, with the limited resources they had to work with.

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":1sowg12i said:
I actually don't mind Russ actively recruiting players. It was a swing and a miss. It happens.

But to say that the FO doesn't listen to Russ or his input - that's just not true. Especially in light of all the moves they've made in this offseason, with the limited resources they had to work with.

I don't disagree but that is this year, it took what happened for them to listen.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":j9f0w0yd said:
hoxrox":j9f0w0yd said:

I don't disagree but that is this year, it took what happened for them to listen.

They have been bringing players for years, try another excuse, maybe the offense didn't utilize their best talents, Miller, Graham, Harvin all could play, Harvin was turned into a bubble screen guy and then became a problem, Graham was a all pro but they tried to make him a blocker, Miller was a all pro and they held him in the line rather then using his receiving skills regularly, then he got hurt.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":1pejg903 said:
John63":1pejg903 said:
hoxrox":1pejg903 said:

They have been bringing players for years, try another excuse, maybe the offense didn't utilize their best talents, Miller, Graham, Harvin all could play, Harvin was turned into a bubble screen guy and then became a problem, Graham was a all pro but they tried to make him a blocker, Miller was a all pro, and they held him in the line rather then using his receiving skills regularly, then he got hurt.

As usual you are missing the point. Its great they have been bringing player sin for years, But that does not mean that Wilson had input into them. This year we know he did. I do Agree that so far what talent they have brought in they have misused. also, FYI I am not making any excuse for the FO I think once they got beyond PCs knowledge of players coming out of college, ie the first 4-5 years they have been awful, and PCs refusal to fit a system to the talent has been worse.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1uhud5ms said:
Russell went to the Superbowl
Russell got jealous watching Tom Brady win another ring with the team of his choosing
Russell got jealous of watching Tom Brady have more input and control of the Bucs offense
Russell thinks of himself as great and on the same level as Tom Brady
Russell then decided that he was unhappy with the lack of respect he's given by Pete and John in regards to the Hawks offense and how it's constructed and ran.
Russell told his agent to go public with said unhappiness and to float the trade scenario to the four teams of his choosing
Russell saw the bad backlash and tried to walk back the trade talk (that HE initiated)
Russell came to town last week and did a terrible job of double speaking and circular logicing what went down

The End

Well put.

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3doy1z8e said:
Sgt. Largent":3doy1z8e said:
Russell got jealous watching Tom Brady win another ring with the team of his choosing
Russell got jealous of watching Tom Brady have more input and control of the Bucs offense
Russell then decided that he was unhappy with the lack of respect he's given by Pete and John in regards to the Hawks offense and how it's constructed and ran.
Russell told his agent to go public with said unhappiness and to float the trade scenario to the four teams of his choosing
Russell saw the bad backlash and tried to walk back the trade talk (that HE initiated)
Russell came to town last week and did a terrible job of double speaking and circular logicing what went down

The End

Well put.

I agree that was a well put version of your opinion of what happened, despite many assumptions in your opinoni of what happened.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":29fchq0g said:
Northwest Seahawk":29fchq0g said:
Sgt. Largent":29fchq0g said:

The End

Well put.

I agree that was a well put version of your opinion of what happened, despite many assumptions in your opinoni of what happened.

Of course I'm speculating, but Russell's a basic bro, you never read too much into his statements and actions.

Love him on the field, he's on his way to putting on a gold jacket.........but the dude's a corny doofus with how he handles his image and the media. Mark Rodgers should have talked him down off the ledge with this one, absolutely no reason for what happened to have happened.

Nunya

Reaction score
It really amazes me the number of people in this thread that seem to relish the idea of dissension within the team.

niveky

Reaction score
Elemas":3i7kk8gn said:
Surely there was smoke. But, regardless of what anyone “thinks”, he said it was blown out of proportion, JS never considered a trade, and PC said everything was good.

It’s typical of RW haters though. Even blaming him for not restructuring his contract when they have zero idea as to if he was ok with it.

For those who think there’s more to it and he should’ve spoke on it earlier, have you ever thought that it was so blown out of proportion that there was never really a reason to speak on it…during the off-season of all times? Cmon…he addressed it now because they were in camp.

Russ is here until his contract is up at a minimum. Think what you want though.

As for restructuring the contract, he has already done that before and the front office is not really keen on doing that if they don't have to because then the cap repercussions for doing place extra hits on the cap in the later years of the contract.