Next Hawks game flexed out? . flexed out of primetime update

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mad Dog":ncsec9vw said:
Sports Hernia":ncsec9vw said:
James in PA":ncsec9vw said:
Better yet, maybe Dallass can get a 14th nationally televised game this year!!! After all, they have been such a dominant franchise.

Sincerely,
The year 1995

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, but the NFL loves their “Legacy team’s” even if they are mediocre paper tigers.

Hard for any other team to break into legacy category if they don’t give them prime time.

Flexing needs to be done minimally since many ticket holders plan attendance months in advance with travel and hotels booked. It’s unfair to favor TV audiences over the guys that buy tickets. I know TV money is huge but the league dies if people stop attending games.
Oh, I agree.
Just pointing out the NFL’s mindset, as FU’ed as it is.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1194390149020278786[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1194389980199522304[/tweet]

AgentDib

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3p475l8k said:
"John Clayton Thinks".

He's been wrong before. I'd wait for something official.
While I agree, this is random enough that I think Clayton probably heard it from somewhere.

timmat

Reaction score
....but what are the odds that the week 17 49ers home game is now selected as the SNF final game of the regular season? Obviously depends on how things shape up, but I'd bet we're at the top of the list currently. Unless Fox can use the 'protected game' rule, which I'm not up to speed on.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
timmat":1m66ujb7 said:
....but what are the odds that the week 17 49ers home game is now selected as the SNF final game of the regular season? Obviously depends on how things shape up, but I'd bet we're at the top of the list currently. Unless Fox can use the 'protected game' rule, which I'm not up to speed on.

No games can be protected week 17. On top of that they only need 6 days notice to flex the game, instead of the normal 12. Game with the biggest playoff impact is usually the target. Easily could be Hawks vs Niners even if they lose a game or two between here and there.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
That’s some serious BS not at least making it a 4 pm Eastern start.

Osprey

Reaction score
Maulbert":w0zr3lkq said:
Not even a 4pm eastern start?

#$%& you, NFL.
Yeah, you'd think they would at least do a late afternoon game to minimize the difference for the fans who were planning on a night game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Should've been flexed to 4 PM EST/1 PM PST time but NFL is an ass so it wasn't. Fortunately this isn't Mike Holmgren's Seahawks team. With those teams a 10 AM game was a near certain L

James in PA

Reaction score
It’s official. Hawks Philly flexed our to a 10am pacific start. Big screw you to the NFL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkStrong

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2b3f6nbm said:
Should've been flexed to 4 PM EST/1 PM PST time but NFL is an ass so it wasn't. Fortunately this isn't Mike Holmgren's Seahawks team. With those teams a 10 AM game was a near certain L

Part of the problem is that Fox protected Cowboys vs Patriots, which they wouldn't want to have both that and the Seahawks/Eagles game on at the same time.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkStrong":1msvzaft said:
hawksfansinceday1":1msvzaft said:

Part of the problem is that Fox protected Cowboys vs Patriots, which they wouldn't want to have both that and the Seahawks/Eagles game on at the same time.
Makes sense. They'll get good ratings for the Hawks' game and through the roof for Cowboys v. Pats cuz you know, sheep still think the Cowboys are relevant and the Pats actually are. You're right, AMERICA'S GAME OF THE WEEK STARRING THE DALLAS COWBOYS takes precedent over everything else. They'll dominate 7 hours of football that day though for sure.

pmedic920

Reaction score
44424b886bcee8243888f210524eae0f.jpg

Evidently it’s official.
I just got the push notification.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
We are getting punished with the 10am game for beating the NFL’s new darlings last night.
Too bad it won’t work. 8)

rcaido

Reaction score
im hoping for a 49ers vs Packers stink it up...i hate 10am games but we been pretty good this year...That's what 5 10am games in one season...That crazy!

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2gcngrk0 said:
We are getting punished with the 10am game for beating the NFL’s new darlings last night.
Too bad it won’t work. 8)

More so just a victim of scheduling as pointed out above.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Chapow":3j3y0rll said:
The 49ers are currently the #1 seed in the NFC playoff picture, and the Packers are currently the #2 seed. It's a #1 vs #2 matchup.

The Seahawks are currently the #5 seed, and the Eagles are "in the hunt" with a 5-4 record.

Not sure how anyone doesn't get it. If they have a chance to flex in a #1 vs #2 match up, they're gonna do it. It's a no brainer.

HawkStrong":3j3y0rll said:

Chapow's right here. Not everything is a conspiracy against the 'Hawks. Even the Cowboys vs. Patriots is currently division leaders facing each other and is huge ratings no matter if you're watching because your're one of the many fans of one or the other, or because you're hate-watching because you hate them both as most of the rest of the nation does.

And the 49ers vs. Packers is not only what's currently #1 vs. #2, it's also a huge match for playoff implications, no matter what happens between now and then. Almost a guarantee that game will determine seeding for much of the NFC, especially as both the Seahawks and Vikings are right behind those teams in their divisions.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
rcaido":24rvc5me said:
im hoping for a 49ers vs Packers stink it up...i hate 10am games but we been pretty good this year...That's what 5 10am games in one season...That crazy!

Yep. I hope it's like a 3 to 6 yawner. Oh, please. Make them Pay! LOL And then of course, the Eagles game will be epic!