Next Hawks game flexed out? . flexed out of primetime update

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The 10 am thing has been kind of conquered the last few years. It hasn't been a thing.

We have actually played much better on the road this season than at home, by and large. We'll be good.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkGA":1nuvmm85 said:
This has got to be the best game ever flexed out. Curious though looking at the schedule for this week, how was Pat's/Cowboys not put into the night game when they set the schedule? I mean, going into the season you could guess both that game and the 9ers/Packers would be bigger draws. This seems like more of a screw up from the original schedule maker that now just serves to jerk fans around.

I think the main broadcast stations, i.e. CBS for the AFC and Fox for the NFC get 3-4 games per year that they can take off the table so they won't be chosen for MNF, TNF and SNF.

My guess is this is one of the games Fox pulled off the table so they could use it as their 1:00 national game of the week.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah we are far from getting screwed. Let’s move on.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":t02a7jad said:
HawkGA":t02a7jad said:
This has got to be the best game ever flexed out. Curious though looking at the schedule for this week, how was Pat's/Cowboys not put into the night game when they set the schedule? I mean, going into the season you could guess both that game and the 9ers/Packers would be bigger draws. This seems like more of a screw up from the original schedule maker that now just serves to jerk fans around.

I think the main broadcast stations, i.e. CBS for the AFC and Fox for the NFC get 3-4 games per year that they can take off the table so they won't be chosen for MNF, TNF and SNF.

My guess is this is one of the games Fox pulled off the table so they could use it as their 1:00 national game of the week.

Don't need to guess it has been posted multiple times.

AlciG

Reaction score
For me personally the early games are great as I actually get to have good nights sleep :oops:

James in PA

Reaction score
Eagles beat the Packers. Seahawks beat the Niners. Seahawks at Eagles should have remained the prime time game! The NFL can bite my ankle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmedic920

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":uh1dhnmb said:
Yup...when it comes to schedules, the Networks are the ones who have the power and control here. They pay good money for that right.

I am sorry but this is unequivocally false. I have a good friend who was one of four individuals responsible for creating the NFL schedule from about 2011 to 2017. They once gave a presentation to all the coaches describing how the schedule is generated and Pete came up to my buddy afterward and told him never to give that presentation again and that knowing what happened behind the closed doors of the scheduling room, which even the commissioner didn't have a key card for, was "terrifying".

But go ahead and fantasize that you actually know the ins and outs about how this is done. Networks have some limited control, but the NFL itself is king of the schedule.

Who’s your “buddy”?
If your not willing to disclose the info, you might as well take a long walk off a short pier.

I call BS.

Regulators!!!!!!

Largent80

Reaction score
We have the bye this week, it's a non factor at the start time of the game.

We are also 5-0 on the road this year...I smell a win regardless of anything.

Also, that would have been 4 straight games in prime time. I like the early starts being in the Tex-ASS because it's 12:00 noon for me. It's ok to drink..Ha

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm actually glad it got moved. 4 night games in a row, lame. I'm good with a 10am start, and they have long since proven that 10am games are no big deal.

mikeak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2mx4ym9c said:
I'm actually glad it got moved. 4 night games in a row, lame. I'm good with a 10am start, and they have long since proven that 10am games are no big deal.

Agreed. Morning game on the east coast will mean they are home late that same day

Night game will basically kill the next day due to late travel.

This gets them ready for the next game much sooner

What worries me is past history with early morning off the bye week game, but don't think they will take the Eagles lightly

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For sure. The Eagles are a team that has plenty of heart. They have stinkers like many teams, but they also win a LOT of games that people count them out. They'll be plenty ready for the Hawks. I could see yet another close one.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":125jwu4f said:
HawkGA":125jwu4f said:

Ah, I thought they could just protect in the week, not ahead of time when the schedule is made. That makes a bit more sense. I would still lean toward the 9ers/Packers having been a better choice at the start of the season than Seattle/Eagles but the 9ers hadn't really put a season together yet to show they were good.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I’m shocked that anyone is happy over the team with the best prime time record in history has lost a prime time game (with an 8-2 record no less). We should be rallying each year to get as many games in prime time as possible.

I can’t recall a game with significant playoff indications for both teams getting flexed out like this. Really disappointed.

rcaido

Reaction score
Best case scenario

Eagles beat the Patriots
Cardinals can beat the 49ers
Lions beat Cowboys
im still hoping for a 3-3 tie in the 49ers vs Packers game.

The NFL ended up flexing 1st place SEahawks vs 1st Place Eagles

I hate 10am games but they have won all of them so far.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not sure the NFL are our to screw Seattle here, Seattle just happens to get the short end of the stick in this situation.
Just win, and that win would backfire in the NFL’s face, “if” this is some sinister plan.

Smellyman

Reaction score
rcaido":2xevb3ku said:
Best case scenario

Eagles beat the Patriots
Cardinals can beat the 49ers
Lions beat Cowboys
im still hoping for a 3-3 tie in the 49ers vs Packers game.

The NFL ended up flexing 1st place SEahawks vs 1st Place Eagles

I hate 10am games but they have won all of them so far.

That would be glorious

NINEster

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":3jh41v8c said:
The NFL needs a couple more Seahawks losses to assist a 9er division win. After the steering failure last night, they need to move some games off prime time in order to fly under the national radar with entirely next level steering.

LOL.

Don't worry, the league helped you in 2013, they'll help the Niners this year. :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, it's just another shot for a Packers/Niners worship fest. I'm sure Joe and Troy are lubing up for it already.

Washington49er

Reaction score
NINEster":3030t8x9 said:
nIdahoSeahawk":3030t8x9 said:
The NFL needs a couple more Seahawks losses to assist a 9er division win. After the steering failure last night, they need to move some games off prime time in order to fly under the national radar with entirely next level steering.

LOL.

Don't worry, the league helped you in 2013, they'll help the Niners this year. :irishdrinkers:

Most of us here on the west coast are at work and working by 7-8 o'clock. They are well paid, highly trained professional athletes, I'm sure the 10am starts bother the fans more than the players.

As a fan I feel more for the players having to play Thursday night games than 10 am starts.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks stopped being crappy at 10am games awhile ago. Should be a hell of a game, regardless what time it starts.