NFC West Week 5 Edition

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Hmmm - I got to watch GB/Rams, I was semi impressed with the Rams, their OC isn't nearly as bad as I thought he would be. They have no receivers to note, but he seems to try and get the playmakers involved. Too bad their OL is playing so poorly, I think they had a shot yesterday - we will see if they keep improving over the next few weeks or if this is as good as they get (which is about an 8-8 team).

How are the Rams so bad at finding receivers? They are only matched by how bad AZ is at finding LBs.

rideaducati

Reaction score
rlkats":2sld5fch said:
rideaducati":2sld5fch said:
I predicted a laugher in the niner game....I'm laughing.

Ya we were laughing when the hawks lost. How was your win today oops you lost to. Atleast us niners know we have major problems you guys talk all this crap like your goung to the sb. Reality check sucka there is only 1 win seperating us bottom dwellers.

The Seahawks are playing better every week, so there is still hope. The Cards have played a schedule that might even have the niners at 4-1. Once the Cards hit their tough schedule, they'll drop a couple. Not worried yet, but I bet you are.

Rex

Reaction score
ringless":1vzffsc1 said:
I am interested to hear rideducati's take on the season thus far.
With the double standard explanation incoming in 3, 2, 1

Don't you mean the standard double standard explanation?
:lol:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":1rwn9wqx said:
Hmmm - I got to watch GB/Rams, I was semi impressed with the Rams, their OC isn't nearly as bad as I thought he would be. They have no receivers to note, but he seems to try and get the playmakers involved. Too bad their OL is playing so poorly, I think they had a shot yesterday - we will see if they keep improving over the next few weeks or if this is as good as they get (which is about an 8-8 team).

How are the Rams so bad at finding receivers? They are only matched by how bad AZ is at finding LBs.

Weird as it sounds, I almost felt better after this loss than I did after the Cardinals win...almost.

Our defense made that GB offense look completely mortal yesterday. They had two big plays and definitely deserved to win the game, but our defense held them to 14 points....with that field goal coming at the end of the game....so through most of the game, we held them to 14 points....at Lambeau.

Passing game on offense was abysmal. Lots of people would blame Foles seeing the 4 INTs, and he definitely played bad, but the OL and WRs/TEs had a part to play in that too.

The Rams WRs actually aren't that bad...if Tom Brady and the Pats OL had these WRs, they would be thought of as an average NFL IMO.

The issue is, the QB and WRs are average and the OL is currently below average. Against the Cardinals and Seahawks our passing game was fantastic - because the OL provided some time. Against GB - I've never seen a QB take the punishment Foles did and continue to get up.

Our schedule softens up tremendously now; I had us at 2-3 after 5 games - now it's time to see if this Rams team has improved and can win the games we should win. We will be favored in 4 out of the next 5, with the lone exception being at Minnesota. We need to come out of the bye and take care of Cleveland and San Francisco at home....if that happens, watch out. This team will be in the wildcard hunt until the end.

The Cardinals schedule is so ridiculously easy. The Cards are a good team, so in terms of difficult games, you only have the road divisional games left. Rodgers and GB have always played just average on the road - their only road wins are against the same bad teams the Cardinals have destroyed. To be clear, I think the Cardinals are the best team in the NFC West right now - but having the schedule they do is very fortunate - Seahawks and Rams play at Minnesota and GB while the Cards get those teams at home - considering the talent difference in DET/CHI and MIN/GB, that's potentially a 2 game swing due to luck of the draw. I have no doubt that the Rams would've beaten GB in STL.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2ysxkkcb said:
b8rtm8nn":2ysxkkcb said:

Weird as it sounds, I almost felt better after this loss than I did after the Cardinals win...almost.

Our defense made that GB offense look completely mortal yesterday. They had two big plays and definitely deserved to win the game, but our defense held them to 14 points....with that field goal coming at the end of the game....so through most of the game, we held them to 14 points....at Lambeau.

Passing game on offense was abysmal. Lots of people would blame Foles seeing the 4 INTs, and he definitely played bad, but the OL and WRs/TEs had a part to play in that too.

The Rams WRs actually aren't that bad...if Tom Brady and the Pats OL had these WRs, they would be thought of as an average NFL IMO.

The issue is, the QB and WRs are average and the OL is currently below average. Against the Cardinals and Seahawks our passing game was fantastic - because the OL provided some time. Against GB - I've never seen a QB take the punishment Foles did and continue to get up.

Our schedule softens up tremendously now; I had us at 2-3 after 5 games - now it's time to see if this Rams team has improved and can win the games we should win. We will be favored in 4 out of the next 5, with the lone exception being at Minnesota. We need to come out of the bye and take care of Cleveland and San Francisco at home....if that happens, watch out. This team will be in the wildcard hunt until the end.

The Cardinals schedule is so ridiculously easy. The Cards are a good team, so in terms of difficult games, you only have the road divisional games left. Rodgers and GB have always played just average on the road - their only road wins are against the same bad teams the Cardinals have destroyed. To be clear, I think the Cardinals are the best team in the NFC West right now - but having the schedule they do is very fortunate - Seahawks and Rams play at Minnesota and GB while the Cards get those teams at home - considering the talent difference in DET/CHI and MIN/GB, that's potentially a 2 game swing due to luck of the draw. I have no doubt that the Rams would've beaten GB in STL.

Look out, Ringles is gonna come after you for pointing out the obvious easy early schedule they've had. I know the cards have NEVER had an easy schedule because they have always had to play every week as an underdog so that might be a reason they don't think they have had an easy schedule. They've been bad for so long that they still think every game is tough.

I can't wait for the Seahawks to get to their puff portion of the schedule.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":3jyq8lk1 said:
Ramfan128":3jyq8lk1 said:
b8rtm8nn":3jyq8lk1 said:

Look out, Ringles is gonna come after you for pointing out the obvious easy early schedule they've had. I know the cards have NEVER had an easy schedule because they have always had to play every week as an underdog so that might be a reason they don't think they have had an easy schedule. They've been bad for so long that they still think every game is tough.

Here I am taking the bait and all. Again, the Cardinals, 49ers, Seahawks and Rams share 14 games in common. I know thats incredibly hard to believe and comprehend but its actually quite simple. You see we are all in the same division. Rideaducati, that means we automatically share 6 games in common. We all play the NFC North, theres another 4. 4+6= 10. Then we all play the AFC North which is another 4 games for a total of 14. I could be wrong because I used my 1st grade reading comprehension skills and 1st grade math book and added up the games in common by reading the schedule. The Cardinals and 49ers have the same exact home and away games, while the Seahawks and Rams share the same exact home and away games. So far, 5 weeks in, Seattle and AZ have had 3 common opponents, and share the same record 2-1 in those games. Arizona just looked better in those 3 games. Again, in those 3 games:

AZ point differential: +48 or 16 PPG margin of victory
Seahawks: +26 12 PPG margin of victory

Az 1 home game. Seattle 2 home games. Yes Arizona has had an easier schedule thus far. Yes it gets harder. Yes Seattle has had a harder schedule thus far and yes it gets much easier. However, AZ has been more well rounded, dominant, and consistent in their games than Seattle has thus far. Paper tigers don't put up 38 PPG unless you have proof otherwise. But again, you never provide stats. You only provide double standards.

I don't ask much of you. Just for evidence in which you have never provided. When I point that out you resort to name calling.
The only other thing I have asked of you is to admit that Arizona might be an above average team (not great). To which you can't prove either but again use what I will refer to as interesting logic. In fact, one could say we have harder schedule because we have to play Seattle twice who has gone to the Super Bowl in back to back years. You don't have to play a team that can say the same. You get to play a paper tiger in place of playing a Back to back Super Bowl team. So who has it harder over the course of a season? You embarrassed yourself by Saying we couldn't beat the Lions because they were the best team we'd face all season thus far. I think we looked better than Seattle. But I know you will make a claim like they had to put in their backup in the 4th otherwise they would have come back.

Bruce Arians
2013- 10-6
2014- 11-5
2015 4-1
Total: 25-12 or .675

rlkats

Reaction score
rideaducati":30jygjxy said:
rlkats":30jygjxy said:
rideaducati":30jygjxy said:

Ya we were laughing when the hawks lost. How was your win today oops you lost to. Atleast us niners know we have major problems you guys talk all this crap like your goung to the sb. Reality check sucka there is only 1 win seperating us bottom dwellers.

The Seahawks are playing better every week, so there is still hope. The Cards have played a schedule that might even have the niners at 4-1. Once the Cards hit their tough schedule, they'll drop a couple. Not worried yet, but I bet you are.

Nope not worried anymore. Ive accepted the reality unlike some other people.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rlkats":27kw4dhj said:
rideaducati":27kw4dhj said:
rlkats":27kw4dhj said:
rideaducati":27kw4dhj said:

How good did they play against the Lions? :snack:

You'll probably call it a fluke lol. Like always, but then not admit that it's been a consistent outcome since the SB. Blown leads in the 4th. A fluke when it happens one time. But when it happens 4 times in 5 games what is it then?

But then if you say its a fluke that they were 6" to losing to Detroit, if it was another team in the same situation is it also a fluke? Using your logic no because Seahawks. You can never admit when your wrong and just keep digging. Your hole has gotten so deep your about to pop out in China

Rex

Reaction score
Rams going to go undefeated in the division. 11-5 to win the division. Rams broom will be well worn down.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Rex":nc3nhajb said:
Rams going to go undefeated in the division. 11-5 to win the division. Rams broom will be well worn down.

It could happen. Very well might beat SF twice, can beat AZ at home. Which leaves Seattle on the Road.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I don't see the issue here in saying that Arizona has an easy schedule AND they're the best team.

Point differential and all that does mean something...they're beating the bad teams.

I get what you're saying ringless about common opponents...the reason I say the Bengals schedule is tougher than the Rams is primarily home vs. road....we go at Cincy, at GB, and at Minnesota - and versus PIT with Roethlisberger for 2/3 of the game.

So there are currently 4 teams that we all play that are legit wildcard contenders; you get Cincy, GB and MIN at home, and play PIT for a full game without Berger. You will likely be the only NFC West team to get a full game from Vick...it's not a slam dunk that you'll win, but I think we can all acknowledge that is favorable. However we got the Steelers at home, which is a plus...so I'll call that one a wash.

That's still a random advantage - the Rams could lose any game at any time, as we've proven. But if we got to play GB and MIN at home, I'd like our chances to sweep the North as you guys probably will.

Also, and this is just my personal belief, but I think when a team has an easier schedule to begin the year, they can get on a roll and build confidence.

having said all that, you guys are clearly the class of the NFC West right now. Don't let what anyone else says bother you until the season plays out.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1h0kptyq said:
I don't see the issue here in saying that Arizona has an easy schedule AND they're the best team.

Point differential and all that does mean something...they're beating the bad teams.

I get what you're saying ringless about common opponents...the reason I say the Bengals schedule is tougher than the Rams is primarily home vs. road....we go at Cincy, at GB, and at Minnesota - and versus PIT with Roethlisberger for 2/3 of the game.

So there are currently 4 teams that we all play that are legit wildcard contenders; you get Cincy, GB and MIN at home, and play PIT for a full game without Berger. You will likely be the only NFC West team to get a full game from Vick...it's not a slam dunk that you'll win, but I think we can all acknowledge that is favorable. However we got the Steelers at home, which is a plus...so I'll call that one a wash.

That's still a random advantage - the Rams could lose any game at any time, as we've proven. But if we got to play GB and MIN at home, I'd like our chances to sweep the North as you guys probably will.

Also, and this is just my personal belief, but I think when a team has an easier schedule to begin the year, they can get on a roll and build confidence.

having said all that, you guys are clearly the class of the NFC West right now. Don't let what anyone else says bother you until the season plays out.

Thank you, and I agree with the way you lay it out because you see a complete picture. Not just part of it.

Rex

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1w9h2z0s said:

Well reasoned and well said. No one will be surprised if AZ goes far in the playoffs.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":2nqt3vrg said:
rideaducati":2nqt3vrg said:
Ramfan128":2nqt3vrg said:
b8rtm8nn":2nqt3vrg said:

Here I am taking the bait and all. Again, the Cardinals, 49ers, Seahawks and Rams share 14 games in common. I know thats incredibly hard to believe and comprehend but its actually quite simple. You see we are all in the same division. Rideaducati, that means we automatically share 6 games in common. We all play the NFC North, theres another 4. 4+6= 10. Then we all play the AFC North which is another 4 games for a total of 14. I could be wrong because I used my 1st grade reading comprehension skills and 1st grade math book and added up the games in common by reading the schedule. The Cardinals and 49ers have the same exact home and away games, while the Seahawks and Rams share the same exact home and away games. So far, 5 weeks in, Seattle and AZ have had 3 common opponents, and share the same record 2-1 in those games. Arizona just looked better in those 3 games. Again, in those 3 games:

AZ point differential: +48 or 16 PPG margin of victory
Seahawks: +26 12 PPG margin of victory

Az 1 home game. Seattle 2 home games. Yes Arizona has had an easier schedule thus far. Yes it gets harder. Yes Seattle has had a harder schedule thus far and yes it gets much easier. However, AZ has been more well rounded, dominant, and consistent in their games than Seattle has thus far. Paper tigers don't put up 38 PPG unless you have proof otherwise. But again, you never provide stats. You only provide double standards.

I don't ask much of you. Just for evidence in which you have never provided. When I point that out you resort to name calling.
The only other thing I have asked of you is to admit that Arizona might be an above average team (not great). To which you can't prove either but again use what I will refer to as interesting logic. In fact, one could say we have harder schedule because we have to play Seattle twice who has gone to the Super Bowl in back to back years. You don't have to play a team that can say the same. You get to play a paper tiger in place of playing a Back to back Super Bowl team. So who has it harder over the course of a season? You embarrassed yourself by Saying we couldn't beat the Lions because they were the best team we'd face all season thus far. I think we looked better than Seattle. But I know you will make a claim like they had to put in their backup in the 4th otherwise they would have come back.

Bruce Arians
2013- 10-6
2014- 11-5
2015 4-1
Total: 25-12 or .675

Yes ringless, I know alllllllllllllllll about the common opponents. I also know what you can't comprehend and that is opponents SO FAR.

I never said the Cards "couldn't beat" the Lions, I said (and I'll type this REALLY SLOW for you) that the Lions are the toughest opponent the Cards have faced SO FAR this season. I hope that is easy enough for even you to comprehend, but I have my doubts.

Why is it so difficult for you to admit that the Cards were fortunate with their timing against SOME opponents last year? Nobody else in the league got to play the Lions WITHOUT Stafford and nobody else in the league got to play the Cowboys WITHOUT Romo. The Cards played 6 double digit win teams and two of those were against backup QBs. The Cards only won ONE game against those teams when the opponent's starting QB was actually playing. Is it SOOOOOOOOOOO far fetched to think the Cards may have lost one or both of those games if Stafford and Romo had played? I don't think it is. As a cards homer, you are free to believe differently, but to myself and others it isn't out of the realm of possibility. That is why I believe that the Cards were f-o-r-t-u-n-a-t-e to have 11 wins last year. Complaining about not winning the division because Palmer was out while beating other teams for the same reason is actually the double standard you've been desperately searching for. As you have stated yourself, you can't have it both ways.

rideaducati

Reaction score
By the way, ringless, congrats on the two game lead your team has through 5 games. I'm not going to crown them as champs just yet because I've seen this before and I think recent history will find a way to repeat itself.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":3afm5tit said:
By the way, ringless, congrats on the two game lead your team has through 5 games. I'm not going to crown them as champs just yet because I've seen this before and I think recent history will find a way to repeat itself.

That is wise since the Rams will win this division.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":189kxuek said:
rideaducati":189kxuek said:

The St Louis rams will NEVER win the NFC West. The L.A. Rams will....eventually.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":16i4w53b said:
Rex":16i4w53b said:
rideaducati":16i4w53b said:

The St Louis rams will NEVER win the NFC West. The L.A. Rams will....eventually.

The St. Louis Rams will most certainly win the NFC west THIS YEAR and for years to come.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":1qny0wok said:
rlkats":1qny0wok said:
rideaducati":1qny0wok said:

How good did they play against the Lions? :snack:

You'll probably call it a fluke lol. Like always, but then not admit that it's been a consistent outcome since the SB. Blown leads in the 4th. A fluke when it happens one time. But when it happens 4 times in 5 games what is it then?

But then if you say its a fluke that they were 6" to losing to Detroit, if it was another team in the same situation is it also a fluke? Using your logic no because Seahawks. You can never admit when your wrong and just keep digging. Your hole has gotten so deep your about to pop out in China

I was rooting for Detroit, I chose the wrong winner...there, I admitted it. Whooptie freaking doo...we have all been wrong when picking a game. That was still the Cards toughest opponent so far this year. I'll be sure to harp on you for a few months when you make your next wrong pick. That might not come for a few weeks with the Cards puff schedule though.

You're cashing checks that your Cards might not be able be able to cover. They still have a few good teams on their schedule and they haven't won any of them yet. Yay, your cards are 4-1. They we're 9-1 last year and were even further ahead before they lost to the better teams on their schedule.

You want an explanation for the lost leads this season? I thought you were an expert at reading stuff that isn't written into my comments. I guess you're not very good at that either. Read my comments on the offensive woes ie., Bevell, Kearse and the offensive personnel being misused and then think REALLY HARD about how those problems just MIGHT have something to do with late leads disappearing. The Seahawks offense isn't giving the defense any time to rest and they're wearing down late in games. Good enough? No flukes.

Is there anything else I can help you with ringles?

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
You'r ridiculous you still avoid so much information that's available for analysis. You say our wins don't count because we played backups (We played less backups then Seattle) So if all things are considered how many less wins does Seattle have if they play Starters as well. Can we also discount those wins?

You then disregard that it was our backups against their backup. We played with 4 different QB's last year due to injuries. Why isn't that taken into consideration? If Seattle plays with 4 different QB's last year do they still win all of those games?

That's my issue. You don't take into consideration we also played with a backup. (Double standard)
You don't take into consideration that Seattle played more backups than AZ (Double standard)

Yes I will be wrong on picks. I have never said AZ will be the division winner even yet because I understand what happened last year. Its not over until its over. I have only said that I think it's ridiculous that you think the Cardinals are paper tigers, and that you can't admit they are above average. I never said we were anything more than that.