NFL Networks Evans says we lose week one?

xCalibur

Reaction score
This guys is an absolute idiot...never makes any sense. He has Cam Newton going 7-0 to start the season, beating the likes of NY, Seattle, Rams...He is so way off base. I think it is much more likely they go 0-7 then 7-0. Cam is a very immature and selfish player. Nothing like Wilson. His talent alone can not win games. Is this guy Evans a Seahawk hater or what?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I saw that. Usually they give a better explanation on each game but this time they had only Heath Even discussing it. It seemed more about trying to give the Panthers 9 wins than a diss on the Seahawks.

You should have seen him the other day when they asked him about Roddy White and Richard Sherman. He went off on Roddy White and said that Richard Sherman brings his A game every game so he has a right to talk and when Roddy White talked trash to the Saints he only got 1 catch so he should basically just shut his trap. It was great.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
To be fair, in that segment they take the opposite side of the same question. He may have lost the coin flip for all we know. If the best he could do is that and not anything related to our talent then it bodes well.

He did say he didn't think either team was gonna take a step back.

kearly

Reaction score
I think he's right about Carolina. They finished last season white hot and one of the big things that held them back last year (OC / Cam Newton usage) has been dealt with. I think that week 1 game could be the toughest of the year. If Carolina was in the AFC I'd consider them a slam dunk for the playoffs. It's a 10 am Pacific time start in what might be 90+ degrees in high humidity. Yikes. It's going to be a tough game. I hope people around here can handle being 0-1 if it comes to that.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kearly":457b78rr said:
I think he's right about Carolina. They finished last season white hot and one of the big things that held them back last year (OC / Cam Newton usage) has been dealt with. I think that week 1 game could be the toughest of the year. If Carolina was in the AFC I'd consider them a slam dunk for the playoffs. It's a 10 am Pacific time start in what might be 90+ degrees in high humidity. Yikes. It's going to be a tough game. I hope people around here can handle being 0-1 if it comes to that.

What on earth has ever given you the idea that this would be possible here?

If we go 0-1, there will be a flood of posts about the league's unfair scheduling, the team being unable to win on the road, the change in DC being our doom, PC being a horrible gameday coach, Lynch getting old, Wilson starting his sophomore slump, Sherman talking too much, etc.

Not one tiny bit of credit will be given to a Carolina team playing at home with a D-line and QB much better than people here are willing to recognize.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'm pretty nervous about the Carolina game. Very early in the season to expect to be firing on all cylinders. Carolina has made changes this off season to better execute and it will be difficult to game plan against them. It's also possible we are looking past them a little to week two.

Hopefully Winfield is the difference maker on D. I don't expect our DE's to be very affective at that point. I suspect a shootout. Hopefully we come out on top but a loss wouldn't shock me in the least.

aawolf

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2itrgzbf said:
kearly":2itrgzbf said:

What on earth has ever given you the idea that this would be possible here?

If we go 0-1, there will be a flood of posts about the league's unfair scheduling, the team being unable to win on the road, the change in DC being our doom, PC being a horrible gameday coach, Lynch getting old, Wilson starting his sophomore slump, Sherman talking too much, etc.

Not one tiny bit of credit will be given to a Carolina team playing at home with a D-line and QB much better than people here are willing to recognize.

It wouldn't surprise me if Carolina won, but I don't expect it. Under Cam, the Panther have been slow starters. When their o-line is healthy, they are really good at running the ball and Cam has some magic with his improvisation. I expect a close game either way and I like the chances of the Hawks pulling it out if it comes down to the fourth quarter.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I could see us losing week one for all the reasons mentioned above. I kinda think San Fran will lose week one also which would mean one of our vaunted teams would start the year 0-2.

But the 10am start time should NOT factor in. As the first game of the season, the Seahawks have extra time to prepare their bodies, minds, and body clocks.

They can alter their prep routine and they can fly early to acclimate to the time and to the heat. They have opportunity to prepare uniquely for this challenge.

And, don't forget, Russell Wilson has played the Panthers, in Carolina, once before.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
bestfightstory":g0riszb0 said:
I could see us losing week one for all the reasons mentioned above. I kinda think San Fran will lose week one also which would mean one of our vaunted teams would start the year 0-2.

But the 10am start time should NOT factor in. As the first game of the season, the Seahawks have extra time to prepare their bodies, minds, and body clocks.

They can alter their prep routine and they can fly early to acclimate to the time and to the heat. They have opportunity to prepare uniquely for this challenge.

And, don't forget, Russell Wilson has played the Panthers, in Carolina, once before.

That's right!

Largent80

Reaction score
I had tons of confidence before the first Cardinal game last year.

There are no Gimmies in the NFL.

If the Hawks are to win, they need to earn it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bestfightstory":5md4k52a said:

Correct. We already played them in Carolina last year and 10 am should be no factor given it is the first game of the year. It comes down to who will be the most healthy but given a normal scenario we should win. Probably be pretty close but this isn't 2012 and Wilson is no rookie handcuffed in a limited offense anymore.

Axx

Reaction score
Havnt kept up with panthers but did they still run the read option towards the end of their season?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Someone posted a scary stat that west coast teams playing the early (10am Seattle time) lose 78% of the time. That is the worst win/loss percentage I am aware of.

Yes it is the first game of the season and we could prep for it better but in doing so we would have to either train for a week 3 hours earlier every day or travel east several day's before game day. Now that may help but you are also instilling the thought that the early start is a real factor.

I won't assume it won't be a factor, I just hope it isn't enough of one.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
We should know by now that Week 1 away games against teams perceived as weaker are a lot tougher than expected. I'm more confident about week 2 than I am about the opener.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Imagine starting 2-0. Carolina was white hot finishing out their season, but so were the Seahawks. Then came a rather productive offseason for Seattle. Agree that the Carolina game will be a huge challenge, but if Seahawks win, I predict it will be largely thanks to a combination of RW's intelligent quarterbacking and the new-and-improved legion on defense keeping their yards in the air more or less in check. A "Well, duh!" statement, perhaps, but that's what it's going to take.

pehawk

Reaction score
"I wonder what Heath Evans thinks about the Seahawks Week One match-up?" is the first thing I said to my daughter this morning. And, low and behold, I got the answer.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
People who think Carolina is going to be a pushover are going to be in for a very rude awakening. They're going to be a very good team next year in a stacked NFC South. I daresay the NFC South could be the toughest division top to bottom in football in 2013.

Latest posts