NFL Trade Deadline Board

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Wanted to make a board about one of my favorite times of the season: The NFL Trade Deadline. I absolutely love it because anything can happen (for the right price) and although at times there are obvious players going to be traded, there are ALWAYS surprise trades being made. So for this post, my question to everyone is this: Who do you think the Seahawks will trade for, and who do you think they'll trade?

The trade deadline is about a month away and obviously there's no guarantee for either one happening, but Trader John has pulled some surprises before during the season and there's no telling if we're in store for another surprise (or two!). I'll go first!

Trade for:
Yetur Gross-Matos. He's in his final season on his rookie contract and he's already got 1.5 sacks and 5 tackles (2 solo). He got a sack on Geno during our last game and I think he might be a solid addition to the rotation at a decent price, I'd say probably a 5th or 6th rounder.
James Hudson: Quality Swing Tackle for Browns, they have enough depth at OT that they could trade him away for the right price; probably a 4th rounder.

Trading:
Darrell Taylor. I don't see the Seahawks extending him after this season, and I think we might be lucky enough to get a 6th or 7th rounder for him.
Noah Fant. This is also his final year on his contract and I feel like the Hawks might not extend him either, especially after paying Dissly and with Parkinson's extension looming. Probably would get a 4th/5th rounder
Michael Jackson/Artie Burns: The CB room is full, and I see both of these players being trade worthy of a late 5th-7th rounder.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Nice post. I'd be fine with using a 4th or lower but let's save our 1st through 3rds for the draft. Although we could give Denver their 3rd rounder back for the right player. I'm sure there are some Broncos that want out that could force a trade. lol

rjdriver

Reaction score
With Uncle Will's injury history, I think we are going to need to keep Fant around. Dissly's availabiliy just isn't reliable unfortunately.

Mick063

Reaction score
Darrel Taylor and Jamaal Adams are basically serving the same function. Edge pressure on obvious passing downs. Given a choice between the two. I would pick Taylor for two reasons:
1) Physical size
2) Less injury prone

In fact, I would say that the team is leaning rather heavily upon Taylor right now. Consider the amount of depth at the edge position relative to the number of snaps Taylor has taken. He is obviously being favored right now. He is obviously out of the doghouse relative to his recent bout with weak run support and has proven to be one of the few dependable pass rushers on the team.

I would say that Taylor's use is akin to JSN targets. Situational.

If Seattle has a two-score 4th quarter lead, then Taylor will line up on every defensive snap to pressure an opposing quarterback that is forced to throw on almost every down. Similar to the heavy use of tight ends that Seattle will use on offense to run clock in that same "big lead" scenario. Alternatively, if Seattle is in a two-score deficit in the 4th quarter, then JSN will line up every snap on offense at the expense of the tight ends. Similarly, when Seattle is in a big deficit, the opposing offense will attempt to run clock with their run game and Taylor will be needed for his QB pressure much, much less often. Hence, Taylor is a situational player. Regardless, if you expect the opposition to be typically playing from behind, then Taylor is a huge asset to the roster.

Think back to the ideal defensive makeup of the Colts during the Manning era. They had Peyton Manning to run up a lead on offense and then, with a typical 4th quarter lead, they would unleash the edge rushers Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney upon the quarterbacks attempting to come from behind. It was a deadly symbiotic relationship, and that edge duo ran up some remarkable numbers in the process. Similarly, if you believe that Seattle's offense is stacked with enough offensive weaponry to consistently force the opponent to abandon the run game, then a player like Taylor is invaluable.

Last edited:

balakoth

Reaction score
Darrel Taylor and Jamaal Adams are basically serving the same function. Edge pressure on obvious passing downs. Given a choice between the two. I would pick Taylor for two reasons:
1) Physical size
2) Less injury prone

In fact, I would say that the team is leaning rather heavily upon Taylor right now. Consider the amount of depth at the edge position relative to the number of snaps Taylor has taken. He is obviously being favored right now. He is obviously out of the doghouse relative to his recent bout with weak run support and has proven to be one of the few dependable pass rushers on the team.

I would say that Taylor's use is akin to JSN targets. Situational.

If Seattle has a two-score 4th quarter lead, then Taylor will line up every defensive snap to pressure an opposing quarterback that is forced to throw on almost every down. Similar to the heavy use of tight ends that Seattle will use on offense to run clock in that same "big lead" scenario. Alternatively, if Seattle is in a two-score deficit in the 4th quarter, then JSN will line up every snap on offense at the expense of the tight ends. Similarly, when Seattle is in a big deficit, the opposing offense will attempt to run clock with their run game and Taylor will be needed for his QB pressure much, much less often. Hence, Taylor is a situational player. Regardless, if you expect the opposition to typically be playing from behind, then Taylor is a huge asset to the roster.

Think back to the ideal defensive makeup of the Colts during the Manning era. They had Peyton Manning to run up a lead on offense and then, with a typical 4th quarter lead, they would unleash the edge rushers Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney upon the quarterbacks attempting to come from behind. It was a deadly symbiotic relationship, and that edge duo ran up some remarkable numbers in the process. Similarly, if you believe that Seattle's offense is stacked with enough offensive weaponry to consistently force the opponent to abandon the run game, then a player like Taylor is invaluable.
I agree... yet even through injury, Adams is more successful

GGotskill

Reaction score
Taylor is a restricted free agent at the end of this season, as he hasn't accrued enough years to be a free agent. I think that definitely changes the approach the team will have with him.

12forlife

Reaction score
I dont know what draft capital it would take, but Maxx Crosby type might be enough to make us SB contenders. LV isn't goin anywhere any time soon, Maxx deserves better! Would love to see him in a Hawks Uni!

seabowl

Reaction score
Nice post. I'd be fine with using a 4th or lower but let's save our 1st through 3rds for the draft. Although we could give Denver their 3rd rounder back for the right player. I'm sure there are some Broncos that want out that could force a trade. lol
Before you, or anyone gets too excited about getting Denvers third round pick, we are due to receive the LOWER of either Denvers third rounder OR the Saints third rounder, which Denver owns.

getnasty

Reaction score
I dont know what draft capital it would take, but Maxx Crosby type might be enough to make us SB contenders. LV isn't goin anywhere any time soon, Maxx deserves better! Would love to see him in a Hawks Uni!
Maxx Crosby we're not getting but Chandler Jones might be an option.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Wanted to make a board about one of my favorite times of the season: The NFL Trade Deadline. I absolutely love it because anything can happen (for the right price) and although at times there are obvious players going to be traded, there are ALWAYS surprise trades being made. So for this post, my question to everyone is this: Who do you think the Seahawks will trade for, and who do you think they'll trade?

The trade deadline is about a month away and obviously there's no guarantee for either one happening, but Trader John has pulled some surprises before during the season and there's no telling if we're in store for another surprise (or two!). I'll go first!

Trade for:
Yetur Gross-Matos. He's in his final season on his rookie contract and he's already got 1.5 sacks and 5 tackles (2 solo). He got a sack on Geno during our last game and I think he might be a solid addition to the rotation at a decent price, I'd say probably a 5th or 6th rounder.
James Hudson: Quality Swing Tackle for Browns, they have enough depth at OT that they could trade him away for the right price; probably a 4th rounder.

Trading:
Darrell Taylor. I don't see the Seahawks extending him after this season, and I think we might be lucky enough to get a 6th or 7th rounder for him.
Noah Fant. This is also his final year on his contract and I feel like the Hawks might not extend him either, especially after paying Dissly and with Parkinson's extension looming. Probably would get a 4th/5th rounder
Michael Jackson/Artie Burns: The CB room is full, and I see both of these players being trade worthy of a late 5th-7th rounder.
Thought I might chime in on the TE portion of your post, MyrtleHawk.
Maybe add a few stat lines & see where you and other fans stand on the issue.

TE
This is through all three games so far this season.

Fant
Yes, $6,850,000 seems a bit outrageous to me for a tight end that has very few blocking skills.

Parkinson
Here's a kid that has developed a more complete game (imo), and I'd rather see the team keep him.

Call it my eye test, call it mild research, but that's my feelings between the two players.
Anybody have other thoughts either way?

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
@Dvl Dug I appreciate your post! Yes, I feel like Noah Fant is very productive but too expensive for us to keep past this year. Would much rather pay Parkinson, and as you said he's a more well-rounded TE. I can't see any other receiver we have (TE or WR) that they'd be more likely to part with than Fant for those reasons above.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
@Dvl Dug I appreciate your post! Yes, I feel like Noah Fant is very productive but too expensive for us to keep past this year. Would much rather pay Parkinson, and as you said he's a more well-rounded TE. I can't see any other receiver we have (TE or WR) that they'd be more likely to part with than Fant for those reasons above.
Agreed - Noah Fant has shown a fair amount of production. Some of them real good catches too!
Now place all your marbles in the big circle, like we did as kids... Has Noah Fant been a real clutch receiver?

I'd have to award those "Clutch Catching Trophy Awards" to...
🏆 1 - Tyler Locket
🏆 2 - Will Dissly
🏆 3 - DK Metcalf
🏆 4 - Colby Parkinson

Fun Fact: (Yes, I like the Young Sheldon TV show)
WR Jake Bobo has a TD this year. Noah Fant does not.

Nice Thread, MirtleHawk!

evergreen

Reaction score
Bobo although different will take over for Tyler. We’re not paying him $26 million.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Dissly has missed what, 2 games in the last 3 years?
He missed a couple of games per season the last 2 years . He missed most of the games his first 2 years.

He had a tough time . Seattle likes him though.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Thought I might chime in on the TE portion of your post, MyrtleHawk.
Maybe add a few stat lines & see where you and other fans stand on the issue.

View attachment 60880
This is through all three games so far this season.

View attachment 60881
Yes, $6,850,000 seems a bit outrageous to me for a tight end that has very few blocking skills.

View attachment 60882
Here's a kid that has developed a more complete game (imo), and I'd rather see the team keep him.

Call it my eye test, call it mild research, but that's my feelings between the two players.
Anybody have other thoughts either way?
I'd rather them keep Parkinson and Fant if they could restructure his deal.
I don't think Schneider would have any problems bringing in a quality TE.